Michael / ExclusionsHD

Ideas and Suggestions to Raid Forums

24 posts in this topic

Raid should implement some new forums! Here are some ideas I have come up with, and hopefully others share their ideas too!

1. A Rant/Complaint Section- Have you ever had the urge to call something out for whatever reason? Such as something you strongly disagree with, or something that makes you unhappy. Share it here!

2. Popular Games- Want to discuss games that are popular? Such as: Counter Strike, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, League of Legends, etc... Post it here!

3. Console Forum- Have a console? Want to play with other Raid Forum Members, discuss consoles, etc... Post it here!

4. Admin Q&A- Have any questions for Admins that you want answered, but isn't urgent? Post it here!

5. Shop(I understand this is hard to administrate)- Want to sell something? Sell it here! Just remember to apply sufficient proof!

6. Graphics Forums- Are you a talented GFX designer? Want to help the community with your talent by either doing a free service, or making GFX tutorials? Post it here!

7. Site Suggestions- Want something added/removed from the site? Post here!

That's what I have so far. Please share your ideas Raid Gaming members! And thanks to any admins that take these suggestions into concideration

3. Console Forum- Have a console? Want to play with other Raid Forum Members, discuss consoles, etc... Post it here!

noooooooooooooooooooooooope

1. A Rant/Complaint Section- Have you ever had the urge to call something out for whatever reason? Such as something you strongly disagree with, or something that makes you unhappy. Share it here!

WIll just cause fights and other problems

2. Popular Games- Want to discuss games that are popular? Such as: Counter Strike, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, League of Legends, etc... Post it here!

Maybe but instead of "popular games" only, more like "Other games" with "Want to discuss other games?"

This forum is based for a PC community, if you wish to play with others on the console, you can always PM them or make a topic.

4. Admin Q&A- Have any questions for Admins that you want answered, but isn't urgent? Post it here!

That can be done via pming me or any other community manager or if it's about certain rules you can post in the "General gameserver discussion" or about one of our servers you can post it in their sub-section.

5. Shop(I understand this is hard to administrate)- Want to sell something? Sell it here! Just remember to apply sufficient proof!

This can be done in private. As I do not want to or anyone else be responsible for scamming.

6. Graphics Forums- Are you a talented GFX designer? Want to help the community with your talent by either doing a free service, or making GFX tutorials? Post it here!

You can post that in the "Media" sub-section or "Tutorial" section for tutorials.

You can post that in the "General gameserver Discussions" as well.

Answered.

Answered.

WIll just cause fights and other problems- More like debates. There is a difference.

Maybe but instead of "popular games" only, more like "Other games" with "Want to discuss other games?"- Sounds good.

This forum is based for a PC community, if you wish to play with others on the console, you can always PM them or make a topic.-Ok

That can be done via pming me or any other community manager or if it's about certain rules you can post in the "General gameserver discussion" or about one of our servers you can post it in their sub-section. - This is if you want to ask one admin. I mean ask many admins at the same time, while others can see it too.

This can be done in private. As I do not want to or anyone else responsible for people scamming. -Understandable. Maybe if they do all transactions through ebay or amazon.

You can post that in the "Media" sub-section or "Tutorial" section for tutorials. -Ok..

You can post that in the "General gameserver Discussions" as well. -Site suggestions in the "General Gameserver" section? K.

Knowing the people here, a rant section as lossy said would get super offensive and hate-filled.

You'd have darmuh calling me a bitch, a lot of threads about bosnian and many discussions by staab.

This can be done in private. As I do not want to or anyone else responsible for people scamming.

misread it :dumb:

This can be done in private. As I do not want anyone else responsible for scamming.

My ideas and suggestions

1.) More PM space, almost at 250 and can't afford to delete any of my mostly useless PMs :angryarnold:

2.) Change the blue and black theme to pink and black, need to be equal and considerate of everyone

3.) Make Rednose community manager

4.) Change voting on applicants to Shark Tank style, where five selected members bargin for equity in the apllicant's admin power

5.) Fix the bugs and twitches with phone users :angryarnold:

6.) Reset my rep for my Christmas present :troll:

WIll just cause fights and other problems- More like debates. There is a difference. Yes there is but everytime some one has a different opinion it turns into a fight because people can't stand other people opinions and end up taking it personally. E.g  map suggestions, the theme park thing and more. So the last thing i need is this sub-section.

That can be done via pming me or any other community manager or if it's about certain rules you can post in the "General gameserver discussion" or about one of our servers you can post it in their sub-section. - This is if you want to ask one admin. I mean ask many admins at the same time, while others can see it too. True but that's why some forums has "suggestions" and they can ask admin things about that server in there, other than that i see no use for it.

You can post that in the "General gameserver Discussions" as well. -Site suggestions in the "General Gameserver" section? K.  Still classed as a gameserver because you can have games on the forums

@@Bear Fixed it, was typing on my phone D:

WIll just cause fights and other problems- More like debates. There is a difference. Yes there is but everytime some one has a different opinion it turns into a fight because people can't stand other people opinions and end up taking it personally. E.g  map suggestions, the theme park thing and more. So the last thing i need is this sub-section. -Not everybody here is a whiner and/or loves to argue. There are some people i can think of on this forum that I'd like to debate with and discuss rants. And appoint an admin to keep that forum in check. Someone that is mature enough to administrate it.

That can be done via pming me or any other community manager or if it's about certain rules you can post in the "General gameserver discussion" or about one of our servers you can post it in their sub-section. - This is if you want to ask one admin. I mean ask many admins at the same time, while others can see it too. True but that's why some forums has "suggestions" and they can ask admin things about that server in there, other than that i see no use for it. - "Hey admins, what are your thoughts on ____" "Hey admins, what did you do to earn your badge?" Just some general questions.

You can post that in the "General gameserver Discussions" as well. -Site suggestions in the "General Gameserver" section? K.  Still classed as a gameserver because you can have games on the forums. - Okay

:)

WIll just cause fights and other problems- More like debates. There is a difference. Yes there is but everytime some one has a different opinion it turns into a fight because people can't stand other people opinions and end up taking it personally. E.g map suggestions, the theme park thing and more. So the last thing i need is this sub-section. -Not everybody here is a whiner and/or loves to argue. There are some people i can think of on this forum that I'd like to debate with and discuss rants. And appoint an admin to keep that forum in check. Someone that is mature enough to administrate it.

That can be done via pming me or any other community manager or if it's about certain rules you can post in the "General gameserver discussion" or about one of our servers you can post it in their sub-section. - This is if you want to ask one admin. I mean ask many admins at the same time, while others can see it too. True but that's why some forums has "suggestions" and they can ask admin things about that server in there, other than that i see no use for it. - "Hey admins, what are your thoughts on ____" "Hey admins, what did you do to earn your badge?" Just some general questions.

You can post that in the "General gameserver Discussions" as well. -Site suggestions in the "General Gameserver" section? K. Still classed as a gameserver because you can have games on the forums. - Okay

:)

Quoting this is a nightmare on iPotato :dave:

1.) Regarding debating section, would cause many issues within

Also, multiple admins would have to keep a watch on it to insure doesn't get out of hand (Most topics will likely be locked and cause increased tension among members of the community)

While I don't mind a healthy debate, there's enough of them as is without the need of a specific place to go

2.) Regarding admins Q&As, a lot of general discussion and forum game threads ask for people's opinions and a lot of the time, admins give theirs

Could just also personally ask different admins for their opinions regarding things

Or, make thread in general discussion that has questions which (If admins choose to do so) we could respond

Plus, unless server/forum or rule related questions, anyone can give you a good opinion or response to a question, doesn't have to be admin

2.5) I first got my badge when I was eight and crossed neighbor's grandma across the street

Although wasn't much of a badge, proudly pinned it to my boyscout uniform

Oh, wait... Not that type of badge? Ok then... :okay:

Please no, me and many others have gotten into too many arguments and fights already.

As Lossy said, regular game discussion board would be nice.

Eww, PC Master Race.

Multi-recipient PM. ;)

There is a thing for IPB called IP.Nexus which allows people to sell stuff... But as Lossy said, probably would attract scammers.

Media.

Totally up to admins here, seperate forum or not, works either way.

My thoughts. ^

I myself would like to see a slider on the homepage where you feature either new maps or maps staff feels are good (whatever floats your boat, new maps can be set up to automatically add new maps, but good maps would obviously have to be done manually, although takes practically no effort) like the one I added to CoDScript's homepage: http://codscript.net/ There's an easy to set up application for it, just google "(BIM34) Featured Content" if you're interested.

Edit: Official IPS Marketplace page for it: http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4984-bim34-featured-content/ Just ask me if you want it for free (would also include their shitty controls template fixed for dark themes). :dave:

Quoting this is a nightmare on iPotato :dave:

1.) Regarding debating section, would cause many issues within

Also, multiple admins would have to keep a watch on it to insure doesn't get out of hand (Most topics will likely be locked and cause increased tension among members of the community)

While I don't mind a healthy debate, there's enough of them as is without the need of a specific place to go

2.) Regarding admins Q&As, a lot of general discussion and forum game threads ask for people's opinions and a lot of the time, admins give theirs

Could just also personally ask different admins for their opinions regarding things

Or, make thread in general discussion that has questions which (If admins choose to do so) we could respond

Plus, unless server/forum or rule related questions, anyone can give you a good opinion or response to a question, doesn't have to be admin

2.5) I first got my badge when I was eight and crossed neighbor's grandma across the street

Although wasn't much of a badge, proudly pinned it to my boyscout uniform

Oh, wait... Not that type of badge? Ok then... :okay:

1) If we REALLY wanted we could add the forum and set it to "Moderated Content." This would mean that any post would require moderator approval before being shown to the public.

2) I don't think all of you are really getting what he's asking for. He just wants a place where members can address all admins a simple question that can be answered. This isn't necessarily bad as instead of responding to the same question over and over again via PMs we can refer to the topic. I don't really see any reason why having a forum for Q&A could be bad.

1) If we REALLY wanted we could add the forum and set it to "Moderated Content." This would mean that any post would require moderator approval before being shown to the public.

2) I don't think all of you are really getting what he's asking for. He just wants a place where members can address all admins a simple question that can be answered. This isn't necessarily bad as instead of responding to the same question over and over again via PMs we can refer to the topic. I don't really see any reason why having a forum for Q&A could be bad.

Finally someone gets it! Thanks Darmuh! With the Rant section, it wouldn't really be a huge mess if people know that it is not allowed to start fights. Fights and Debates are wayyyyyy different. I bet you guys know it is different, but are not sure if others know too, which I can understand. As with the moderated content, why not just lock a forum that gets out of hand?

An example of an acceptable rant:

"Deathrun maps these days are not made the same as they were back in the good days!"

An example of an unacceptable rant:

"NAME is a(n) INSULT" (Of course filling in the "NAME" and "INSULT")

A Rant/Debate section would be great, aswell as a Staff Q&A.

Just warn people that cause fights in the section(if it happens), then a second offense leads to further punishment.

With the Rant section, it wouldn't really be a huge mess if people know that it is not allowed to start fights. 

People should know that already, but they don't seem to care

People should know that already, but they don't seem to care

Because they probably think it is a joke. Just let them know it is a serious matter I guess. People fight over the silliest things too..

Finally someone gets it!

I got it from the beginning but was too afraid to speak against big, mean King Lossy :okay:

I got it from the beginning but was too afraid to speak against big, mean King Lossy :okay:

We talked about this, need to get over your fears

Did it with the Wizard, now must do such with Lossy

Not on the Internet... and not with my level of stubbornness >.< past knowledge advises me to accept and move on. Although I admire your will-power and determination to get your points across. Most importantly, in a collected manner. ;)

We talked about this, need to get over your fears

Did it with the Wizard, now must do such with Lossy

Lossy is Lion though! I wouldn't dare... no, not ever. He has all the courage in Oz to back himself up :( I... I just have an oil can that doesn't even work :okay:

I don't mind hearing other opinions, i just don't think having that kind of sub-section would be the best ideas on this website.

Specially when people get so angry over a map, some one suggestion, meet ups, grammar/spelling mistake etc... and aren't able to control their anger to stop and it isn't just one person, it's multiple people that post regualry that do it.

Hell, it's not even posts that people fight about. I know quite a few people that I can name that gets targeted regulary because people don't understand how to "ignore" some one over the god damn internet and the ones that are targetting them aren't just normal players, even admins are doing it which is kind of a joke and dissapointting to see.

But people need to remember, me and other admins like to browse the forums to talk to other people, not have some massive debate and sit their having to approve people posts because loads of people aren't able to control their feelings but don't mistake me, i'm not trying to say we're all perfect and we've all make mistakes but a lot of people has to be constantly reminded that what they're doing isn't right. Even if they did it first as it's just dragging you down to their level.

Which is why i'm very concered about such section on this website and these kind of behaviour makes "Raid" itself looks like a very toxic community and making a lot of people move away from it. And this is not the community i want to be involved in if people i trust to be admins can't behave accordingly and people that join the forums/servers and think it's okay to call people loads of names because he doesn't like some one that he'll never meet in his life.

So yeah, that's why I'm very against the first option. If people don't like my opinion then they're most likely(not everyone) the ones that are causing the problem and don't want to fix it.

I don't mind hearing other opinions, i just don't think having that kind of sub-section would be the best ideas on this website.

Specially when people get so angry over a map, some one suggestion, meet ups, grammar/spelling mistake etc... and aren't able to control their anger to stop and it isn't just one person, it's multiple people that post regualry that do it.

Hell, it's not even posts that people fight about. I know quite a few people that I can name that gets targeted regulary because people don't understand how to "ignore" some one over the god damn internet and the ones that are targetting them aren't just normal players, even admins are doing it which is kind of a joke and dissapointting to see.

But people need to remember, me and other admins like to browse the forums to talk to other people, not have some massive debate and sit their having to approve people posts because loads of people aren't able to control their feelings but don't mistake me, i'm not trying to say we're all perfect and we've all make mistakes but a lot of people has to be constantly reminded that what they're doing isn't right. Even if they did it first as it's just dragging you down to their level.

Which is why i'm very concered about such section on this website and these kind of behaviour makes "Raid" itself looks like a very toxic community and making a lot of people move away from it. And this is not the community i want to be involved in if people i trust to be admins can't behave accordingly and people that join the forums/servers and think it's okay to call people loads of names because he doesn't like some one that he'll never meet in his life.

So yeah, that's why I'm very against the first option. If people don

't like my opinion then they're most likely(not everyone) the ones that are causing the problem and don't want to fix it.

I respect that very much Lossy. Running forums and gameservers must be stressful especially since everyone thinks you can do everything in a snap of a finger. Also, I know that Admins don't want to deal with arguments and corruption throughout the community, so passing this idea will be fine. Thanks for taking your time with responses though!

Not on the Internet... and not with my level of stubbornness >.< past knowledge advises me to accept and move on. Although I admire your will-power and determination to get your points across. Most importantly, in a collected manner. ;)

Lossy is Lion though! I wouldn't dare... no, not ever. He has all the courage in Oz to back himself up :( I... I just have an oil can that doesn't even work :okay:

Thanks Tinman for the kind words :)

Those pesky flying monkeys are the real scare D:

But in all seriousness, I am just a person that likes to give ideas and feedback whenever I can. I know it is stressful running this type of community, so I understand where Lossy and other admins are coming from. And I appreciate their hard work and dedication to making Raid a better place. Which is why I would like to do my part aswell :)

KEEP UP THE IDEAS GUYS! :)

So yeah, that's why I'm very against the first option. If people don't like my opinion then they're most likely(not everyone) the ones that are causing the problem and don't want to fix it.

Something what I learned from :dave:.. but I tho I am against this idea, this will only make fights. Keep your things for your self and say something if its needed to that person if he is going backwards (going bad trough forums), and say that trough the PM, not everyone needs to know what the problem is.