Arnold

[WIP] mp_xmas_funhouse

21 posts in this topic

mp_xmas_fúnhoús(fák whyoyou and whyoyour styoupid word filters Losswhy!)

I decided to take part in the mapping competition and this is my entry. I will post pics 'n stuff of the making of the map in this thread C:

The map is based on my home and includes our apartment + the sauna we have downstairs :3 

The dimensions in this pic are in the scale of 1:10 and (are subject to change since it appears that CoD4 characters are fatter than I thought :angryarnold: (door width = 36 in the pic, is too little :okay:)). This is just ½ of the apartment layout, the sauna will be downstairs.

SBCnQEq.jpg

M3BUZYF.jpg

This will be my first map ever, and I shall show ya all that the "yu shudn't release yar first map"-bullshit is BULLSHIT!! :angryarnold: ALL OF IT!!

This will be my first map ever, and I shall show ya all that the "yu shudn't release yar first map"-bullshit is BULLSHIT!! :angryarnold: ALL OF IT!!

No  :troll:

the main layout is now complete, next i will extrude the walls up, add floor and ceiling, cut window holes etc. and finish the collmap of the playing area.

72dwwF2.jpg

i will try to get the map finished by dec 24th so the sauna-part might get added later

planned features:

- csgo-like doors (if i can make it so players cant block/bug the doors)

- ventilation system from which you get into different rooms

- few walls that can be blown with c4

- sauna + pool downstairs

- something kewl C:

bomb sites not yet decided

planned features:

- csgo-like doors (if i can make it so players cant block/bug the doors)

Lool even the doors in csgo can be bugged/blocked so gl xD

the main layout is now complete, next i will extrude the walls up, add floor and ceiling, cut window holes etc. and finish the collmap of the playing area.

72dwwF2.jpg

Have fun with this model as a map, you'll need to make walls and floor for player to make things solid, oh and lighting will be ugly if you dont map your house in radiant. :angryarnold:

Have fun with this model as a map, you'll need to make walls and floor for player to make things solid, oh and lighting will be ugly if you dont map your house in radiant. :angryarnold:

pls, maya can export to radiant as brushes :kingdave:

How

okay i lied a little :dumb: models can be exported as collmaps (brushes), as long as they are simple (cubes, cones, cylinders). however, you cant apply textures to them in radiant or you will get lightmap errors so the exported collmaps can only be used as collmaps :dave:

okay i lied a little :dumb: models can be exported as collmaps (brushes), as long as they are simple (cubes, cones, cylinders). however, you cant apply textures to them in radiant or you will get lightmap errors so the exported collmaps can only be used as collmaps :dave:

Well then you might want to get to work on radiant :dave:

OjJ0iXu.jpg

close enuff  :kingdave: dont haf the blueprints of the house so wall thicknesses cause some minor problems  :davelink:

most of the windows cut + boxes as placeholders for furniture :dave:

will soon export the whole crap as a model into radiant and start making a map out of it :davedog:

@ it wont take much time to remake the walls with brushes :davemas: only 120 of them  :davesir:

@[member=JR-iMtroll] it wont take much time to remake the walls with brushes :davemas: only 120 of them  :davesir:

Said the wild Bear who couldn't make house in radiant :troll:

Said the wild Bear who couldn't make house in radiant :troll:

:wat: what house? :wat:

update:

since the thickness of the walls is such a pain in the ass and i just couldnt figure out decent bombsite places, i decided to do some extreme makeover home edition™ stuff...

the sauna is rotated 90* counter clockwise and is located in different place than in reality.

bomb A will be in my room (2nd floor) and bomb B will be in sauna (1st floor). im also adding some additional doors n stuff to prevent awful camping spots :kingdave:

and dem exams @ school :davemas:

update:

since the thickness of the walls is such a pain in the ass and i just couldnt figure out decent bombsite places, i decided to do some extreme makeover home edition™ stuff...

the sauna is rotated 90* counter clockwise and is located in different place than in reality.

bomb A will be in my room (2nd floor) and bomb B will be in sauna (1st floor). im also adding some additional doors n stuff to prevent awful camping spots :kingdave:

and dem exams @ school :davemas:

Just make the map how it will fit, no one needs to know your location in the house for the fap material :dumb:

What's a bigger punishment for a finn like you in real life. A broken super komputer (you'd have toexcavate yar craptop :troll:), or a broken perkeleen sauna? :dave:

What's a bigger punishment for a finn like you in real life. A broken super komputer (you'd have toexcavate yar craptop :troll:), or a broken perkeleen sauna? :dave:

ill just add a cat to both bomb sites and it ll b fine :dave: