Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
How do I transfer windows 8?

19 posts in this topic

Hey it's karma, you know me don't you? Pfff what ever. I have a problem so here it is. I'm getting a new computer for christmas (custom build) and I really don't want to spend 100 bucks on windows 8,7 bla bla. So is there any way I could transfer my windows 8, I have product key, to my new pc? Thanks in advance! :D

1. get windows 8 .iso and make a bootable dvd or usb

2. unless the key allows multiple activations, type slmgr /upk to command prompt on the OLD MACHINE with admin permissions (uninstall product key)

3. install the windows from usb and when it asks for the product key, enter it

4. after installation is finished, type slmgr /ipk <product key with dashes> to command prompt on the NEW MACHINE with admin permissions (install product key)

5. to make sure everything worked and windows is activated, type slmgr /ato to command prompt with admin permissions

it should look like this:

CavDe5V.jpg

if you get error, you have to call ms support to transfer the license/activate windows by phone

1. type slui 4 to command prompt with admin permissions

2. select your country

3. call the number

4. WAIT TILL A CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE RESPONDS (the machine will respond to your call first)

5. explain the problem and they ll help ya :troll: not

1. get windows 8 .iso and make a bootable dvd or usb

2. unless the key allows multiple activations, type slmgr /upk to command prompt on the OLD MACHINE with admin permissions (uninstall product key)

3. install the windows from usb and when it asks for the product key, enter it

4. after installation is finished, type slmgr /ipk <product key with dashes> to command prompt on the NEW MACHINE with admin permissions (install product key)

5. to make sure everything worked and windows is activated, type slmgr /ato to command prompt with admin permissions

it should look like this:

CavDe5V.jpg

if you get error, you have to call ms support to transfer the license/activate windows by phone

1. type slui 4 to command prompt with admin permissions

2. select your country

3. call the number

4. WAIT TILL A CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE RESPONDS (the machine will respond to your call first)

5. explain the problem and they ll help ya :troll: not

Why doing such diffecult way? lol

Try to find a windows 8 activator.

Why doing such diffecult way? lol

Try to find a windows 8 activator.

with a legit product key? lol

inb4 does poot and put old hdd into new pc without reinstalling the os first

Was your old computer pre installed? Was it OEM? It it was OEM then I believe it's locked into the motherboard and cannot be activated on a new computer/motherboard

You can ghost image your current OS and put it on the new computer, i'm not entirely sure how it works but everything is the exact same, the only problem you may face is software activation 

Was your old computer pre installed? Was it OEM? It it was OEM then I believe it's locked into the motherboard and cannot be activated on a new computer/motherboard

It was pre installed

It was pre installed

Make a backup of your files, format your whole HDD and end of story, install then Windows 8.

Just a tip, if your windows came installed with your PC or if you've lost the product key, a little software called Belarc Advisor can find it out. Worked for me (I use win 8.1)

Link: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/system-security/fr/belarc-advisor-review.htm

nope, if the windows is authentic, there should be a COA (certificate of authenticity) sticker somewhere in the computer case. it has your product key XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

nope, if the windows is authentic, there should be a COA (certificate of authenticity) sticker somewhere in the computer case. it has your product key XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Nope, mine doesn't have any stickers.

Also if one forgets/loses their product key, that software is handy.

Nope, mine doesn't have any stickers.

Also if one forgets/loses their product key, that software is handy.

nope, if the sticker exists, software is not needed :troll: