MegaPixarius

Internet speed mbps

18 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, this topic is not about Raid, but is important because i can't play Cod4 as before any more.

Basically my internet package is supposed to be 105 mbps, but the last few speed checks i did were around 30-40 mbps. I know that the distance between providers, and other factors affect the speed, but the difference is too big, no? 
I am not a tech guy, and suppose at least some of you might help me with that. 

Thanks!  :D

(please don't go off topic!!!)

It might be your provider, who's your provider? if it's one of the companys like comcast, there your problem tbh.

You could just try to call them and ask what's up :P

Probably has something todo with your isp tbh, my internet is also fucking up on some days, not as much as yours but still.

It might be your provider, who's your provider? if it's one of the companys like comcast, there your problem tbh.

I have comcast, Darmoo has comcast, do you have comcast? Comcast's service isn't the problem. Their CUSTOMER SERVICE and their PRICES are the problem. Don't bash the company if you don't know whats wrong with them except for posts you read on reddit.

mineos xfinity comcast

Have you tried a simple restart of your modem and router? As well as your PC? It could be storms in your area, as well as other factors. How long have you been experiencing the slow in speed?

i tryt he restart every once ina while, but after few minutes its back to lags

and my mac is probably lagging too! any suggestions on how to improve mac performance?

I have Retina Pro, 13inch 2.5GHz intel core i5,  and 8gb memory (4 and 4)

i tryt he restart every once ina while, but after few minutes its back to lags

and my mac is probably lagging too! any suggestions on how to improve mac performance?

I have Retina Pro, 13inch 2.5GHz intel core i5,  and 8gb memory (4 and 4)

Well if the modem restart is a temporary fix, it could be that the modem is old and outdated. My old one was so old that it barely supported 3 Mbps, while we were paying for 25 mbps. We went and exchanged it with comcast and now I get faster internet. (And then comcast doubled their speeds on all plans so I have 50 Mbps now huehue). So try replacing the modem. Make sure it's not your laptop by connecting to another network, like a hotspot somewhere and see if it's a lot slower than what the network should be getting. This way, you can make sure it's not your laptop. If it is, its fairly easy to replace the wifi-card in a laptop, however I don't know if Macbook laptops have their wifi cards as little PCI cards or if they're soldered onto the mobo...

Well if the modem restart is a temporary fix, it could be that the modem is old and outdated. My old one was so old that it barely supported 3 Mbps, while we were paying for 25 mbps. We went and exchanged it with comcast and now I get faster internet. (And then comcast doubled their speeds on all plans so I have 50 Mbps now huehue). So try replacing the modem. Make sure it's not your laptop by connecting to another network, like a hotspot somewhere and see if it's a lot slower than what the network should be getting. This way, you can make sure it's not your laptop. If it is, its fairly easy to replace the wifi-card in a laptop, however I don't know if Macbook laptops have their wifi cards as little PCI cards or if they're soldered onto the mobo...

Its soldered to the motherboard

modem was provided by comcast this september, so i think that is not the problem. but thanks a lot!

modem was provided by comcast this september, so i think that is not the problem. but thanks a lot!

What for LAN cable do you got? And which CAT version does it have?

It can be due to the companies services, I've had it before...  Best option is what beatthat said. It may be problems their end or working in your area or it might be that your package is 50-60mbps for some reason, if it is the case you would call the provider asking them.

i have 2Mb/2Mb speed and i can play errything just fine :kingdave:

give yar ISP an :angryarnold: call 

Also you mention you lag, make sure all connections with the router are fully secured, if loose will effect performance. Distance plays a factor but i doubt you're very far. The one problem i had before was that my internet was lagging and everyday it would gradually get worse to a point where my internet cut off completely. It was the wire that was going from this to outside my garden: 

maxresdefault.jpg

IDK what is was but it was set to minus something when it should never be minus, fixed my internet; highly doubt that's your problem.

I have comcast, Darmoo has comcast, do you have comcast? Comcast's service isn't the problem. Their CUSTOMER SERVICE and their PRICES are the problem. Don't bash the company if you don't know whats wrong with them except for posts you read on reddit.

Have you tried a simple restart of your modem and router? As well as your PC? It could be storms in your area, as well as other factors. How long have you been experiencing the slow in speed?

cat pls comcast and the other big ISP companys thorttle your internet or on certain services like netflix and it has been proven  :angryarnold:

cat pls comcast and the other big ISP companys thorttle your internet or on certain services like netflix and it has been proven  :angryarnold:

>britfag

>doesn't live in US

>doesn't have comcast

>k

Its soldered to the motherboard

No, not necessarily. On both my laptop as well as my mothers laptop the Wi-Fi card is a separate piece. And after a simple google search I found that yes, macbooks too, have external WLAN cards. The amount of stuff people say on this forum without proof is ridiculous, say something if you're 100% positive, don't go around saying things you don't know for sure. I'm guilty of this as well, but at least most of the time I have some sort of source to back myself up. (pls don't start a flame war over that unnecessary comment I just made ;__;)

What for LAN cable do you got? And which CAT version does it have?

LAN Cable? A Local Access Network cable? I don't think those exist. ETHERNET cables exist, and for CAT versions as long as you don't have a Cat5 you'd be fine. Cat5e support 100Mbps, which our hero, @@MegaPixarius, has. Almost nobody has anything less than a Cat6 or a Cat6a nowadays, so I highly doubt it's his cable rating. However, it COULD be a broken wire within the cable itself, try swapping the cable with a different one to see if it works. Although, you may be on Wi-FI not a wired connection, and if you're on wi-fi you should still try a wire to see if it speeds up at all with a wire. That could tell us if it's a wi-fi problem or if it's a problem with your whole internet.

ok, thanks a lot people! everyone! 

but I have an exam today... and a 2 day long flight this weekend, so I will deal with my internet when I come back. with every post, there are more new words i need to learn.. and its getting complicated. 

appreciate the help!  :D

>britfag

>doesn't live in US

>doesn't have comcast

>k

Just because i don't live/have something means i know nothing and since FCC has been on the news a lot, not just in the US. it was even on the news in the UK and was a very hot topic on the internet and not just on reddit (wow i know right? there is actually other forums to browse on the internet!). so yeah, i already know quite a bit and i can givee you loads of evidence of how compast, timer warner etc... thorttle certain websites like netflix, youtube so you'd end up going on their services. There even proof that they thorttle your internet overall and makes you charge for useless stuff!

anyway it's offtopic so im going to nope out of dis topic