Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sweg.

Help a Brother Out

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys, this is for the tech and computer savvy that can help me out with a little problem that i am having. About 6 months ago i had purchased a HP Pavillion Touchsmart 14 Sleekbook (dat name) from a friend. Since then i have restored it and done the normal laptop using (i.e., cat pictures, funny gifs, etc.) but i wanted to start playing games on it. I was so excited to download steam and my games onto it and to finally load them up and play them (pretty noob-like as i may say). But as soon as i would get into the game i get terrible frames per second (for example 14 fps on cod4 with 1024x736 or whatever it is with all the bells and whistles turned off) i watched youtube videos on gaming reviews for this laptop and they seemed to not have the same problem as me. I even saw a fellow running bo2 at regular graphics settings. How could this be?!?! Anyone if you could help me id be very appreciative. 

Specs: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03719275

You might've of been watching videos of a different laptop, could you link the videos?

What do you expect? This is not going to run CoD4, nor BO2. "Intel HD graphics 4000 with up to 1664MB total graphics memory"

Its ok, i guess ill just have to go get a better card, if thatll help any. Not the brightest on computers

Its ok, i guess ill just have to go get a better card, if thatll help any. Not the brightest on computers

You can't replace/add new components in laptops (if that's what you meant).

What do you expect? This is not going to run CoD4, nor BO2. "Intel HD graphics 4000 with up to 1664MB total graphics memory"

Not necessarily. Intel HD Graphics 4000 worked fine for me on CoD4, got me up to ~300 frames on custom CJ maps with maxed out settings @ 1600x900 resolution. However, it's still a weak card, considering it's built into your CPU. Laptops, unfortunately, can't have their GPU's upgraded, it's a shame. 

You might be able to run games, but not very well. Go for AMD if you're under a tight budget. They've got pretty good value for money in my experience.

I used intel HD Graphics 4000 when my gpu fucked up, worked fine on cod4 honestly, I obviously had to play on lowest - medium settings, with 1024x768 res and I still got 100+ fps. Should've saved for a cheap gaming rig instead ^^. Unfortunately, you can't upgrade the Graphic chip in a laptop, unless it's some newer gaming laptop, some of them allow it. The only thing I know of what you can upgrade is your RAM. 

On your laptop you most likely cannot upgrade your chip. 

On your laptop you most likely cannot upgrade your chip. 

It's the integrated gpu that's holding him back, no point upgrading anything in my opinion. Just wait until he can buy a new pc