Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Headdy

Developing an On-Screen Monitor

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

So I had an idea. I was looking at some expensive keyboards, those with an LCD screen, but those things are just not affordable for me so yeah..

Yesterday I tried to do some stuff with my iPad, and I tried to make it a sort of "second screen" for my PC. It worked btw.

Ft6YvZM.jpg

Alright so, that means I can place it next to my keyboard and use it to quick chat or stuff like that. So basically, I thought about if it was possible to make my own kind of "LCD Keyboard Add-on". This will be useful for people with phones (iDisplay), or people with multiple screens, etc.

So yeah, too bad I don't really know where to start, nor I know how to code the whole thing from start. It'll be on windows for now. So I'm kind of asking you guys if you can create a (Open source!) base and work on it together. Once I want to really use it so it becomes functional for me.

Think about:

•  
  • Ingame FPS
  • Game name
  • CPU temps
  • GPU temps
  • Game-time
  • RAM usage
  • CPU/GPU usage %
  • and maybe more?
  •  

You all know that I'm pro with photoshop, so I created a small preview/mockup:

Mzo7Adx.png

Soooo... Who wants to help me? :D

PS: I don't want you to do everything. I'm not asking you to make it, but to help me making it. We'll be working like a team. The more, the merrier. I guess we'll get an github page so it can be managed easily.

Sounds pretty cool, we could use rain meter and then stream it on your iPad or something? Could that work? I don't know code sorry.

But there is tons of other software like MSI Afterburner that does this.

But there is tons of other software like MSI Afterburner that does this.

just because there is one doesn't mean you can't challenge yourself to make one! :)

In this day and age unless you're a proper genius there's not much that hasn't been made already...

just because there is one doesn't mean you can't challenge yourself to make one! :)

I dont even know what language is used to make one :okay: