Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iMtroll

Raid Reboot Situation

35 posts in this topic

Hello to all of you at the raid community, as some of you already know, a group of us are actually working together to keep raid running even after the current servers and dedi are no longer in use. A lot has been discussed since we all found out that our beloved Raid was closing and we have all spoken about a lot of things. In the meantime I have been discussing things with most of the parties involved with the raid reboot and working behind the scenes to try and make this happen.

Well today after waiting quite a while a dedi that I've been keeping my eyes on has come available that is quite cheap monthly (the same as raid now I believe ( $50 a month ) ). I now have this dedi as a reserve on my account on the partnered OVH website with a secure password and at this moment in time I have around $40 available for the purchase; the only downside to this is that the first time you pay for the dedi they charge an installation fee.

The prices are shown in the spoiler below but please read on after looking at the screenshot.

62528701e7f5eb6bf6913d33a44198cf.png

Now I can pay for this whole dedi myself if need be, but if this is the case then we will all have to wait roughly three more weeks (10th March 2015) until I have the money, but obviously the sooner we get this dedi the sooner we can accept donations again and stop all of this "what will we do after Raid?" and "OMG NO RAID IS DYING" nonsense and carry on as usual. This also means that we will be able to learn about what we need to do to keep raid running more in depth to remain successful.

I am not here to try and take the money from you guys, but if possible could some of you help out maybe just a little amount? Trust me when I say this but I hate receiving things from other people and I'm probably the last person that you'll find asking people for free shit honestly, over the past few weeks people were offering to help pay for the dedi and I kept refusing with reasons such as "It's your money, I don't want you to waste it." but that was before I realised the dedi would come to a first payment as high as it is. Again, I'm not forcing any of you to use your own money and I'm not trying to guilt trip any of you in to this, it's mainly just a message to everyone to let you know that some of us are planning to keep raid up and a small "could anyone please help?"

This high payment should be the only one this high as it is a first time setup fee that OVH charges, the monthly payment afterwards will be around $50 a month just like Raid's current dedi and this should be easily payed off with donations from the lovely peepels on our servers. If not I am willing to help out with monthly costs until we are stable again.

Thanks everyone,
iMtroll (Connor)

P.S
If this does happen, we are keeping Raid at it's current glory and will not be changing anything about it from what it is. Future plans will be to slightly modify the servers and such but that is just to keep the server fresh so it doesn't get boring, very similar to what Lossy has been doing to the server to keep it alive.

Thank-you! For obvious reasons (and for the way I am around accepting help) I'll wait until the full amount is available all in one go before taking any action with all this.

Again, you don't have to do this if you don't need to. As I said, I will have the money for the new dedi myself if need be but that would be on March 10th, maybe the 17th if something occurs with my own money and family related matters. But I just wanted to make sure that anyone who does plan on helping knows that they don't have to and that it's completely your decision. (thank you so much to anyone who does, I hate asking people for stuff) 

I'm doing this for Raid. I love being a part of it, so paying a litte money is the least I can do.

although i see myself as part of the team keeping raid alive i cant help in this situation. If needs be i can spread the word, perhaps we can directly take donations from the community to trolls paypal and they will be given VIP or some feature in the future when the server is set up? im not sure on how to gain money for the dedi without generous donations from the community.

Note: perhaps put this in the general discussion, im sure other members would donate not just admins.

-Purity

Only reason I made this admin only is because some of the parties that I discussed earlier in this topic all agreed that we should put $10 each or something like that in to the dedi and I refused as I hate accepting favours :P But then after going to order the dedi, I saw that they charge a setup fee ;_;

do remember that you will need to buy another copy of the bear DLC when moving to a new dedi

old price: $100

trol special offer: ONLY $200!!!!*

*excluding VAT and shipping costs

do remember that you will need to buy another copy of the bear DLC when moving to a new dedi

old price: $100

trol special offer: ONLY $200!!!!*

*excluding VAT and shipping costs

Nobody wants that DLC, too linear and void of content :troll:

*Bargains with Bear down to $150*

The Bear DLC was voted one of the worst.... I'm out on that one ;)

Back on topic, I can give like 15/20 pound or 25/30 dollars :dave:

shut up troll stop begging people for money you peasant.

just joking

shut up troll stop begging people for money you peasant.

just joking

fuck you you chav © Twister

If my calculations are correct (some bs quote from a movie) with the donations already stated above we have enough for installation?

wooohooo :xd:

Indeed we do. Thank you to everyone that said they could help out with this! You'll all be helping out so much! If you could all PM me I'll tell you the email of the paypal account (I set this up two days ago and the email will be changing once the dedi is set up to be something similar to [email protected]).

ALSO, if you all wouldn't mind, I would like to give this money back to you all overtime one by one as I feel bad for all of this. So if that's okay with all of you then one by one I shall give you your money back from my own pocket :) 

Thanks again,

iMtroll (Connor)

I'm in with this, is there anything that I could do to help with the website or something? since I cannot donate anything like litteraly, if I could I would've donate 100 euro.

I'm in with this, is there anything that I could do to help with the website or something? since I cannot donate anything like litteraly, if I could I would've donate 100 euro.

We're planning on running one of the old backups of this forum on the new dedi, so we'll have this same forums without some of the newer posts, we also plan to start up the cod4 servers the same way they are running now, hopefully with the current files :)

Who cares about the servers lol?

Just as long as the forums <3 stay :wub:

ofc I cafe about the servers too ;D

Darmuh, such a nice guy. Unfortunately I cannot donate due to me only being 14, and my dad has bought me a lot in the past weeks, including a PS4, and Destiny just today, so I think it'd be unfair to ask him for this as well.

Although I may not be the most knowledgeable person, feel free to hit me up on my xfire; cloudy197