Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pixel

Shader name string is empty

20 posts in this topic

Post where the error called from

It doesn't say in the console, even with /developer 1 enabled

Then you best search for the shader that you're trying to precache that isn't there by yourself :dave:

Then you best search for the shader that you're trying to precache that isn't there by yourself :dave:

I'm not trying to precache any shader though, nor did I intend to add any :c

Well it's not what the error says and the error never lies ^^

Maybe Phaedrean put it in when you gave him the map to work on ? Search for shader in your script

Maybe Phaedrean put it in when you gave him the map to work on ? Search for shader in your script

That was months ago, I've tested it loads since then...

@@Lossy I've even commented out the whole script, and got the same error :/

Are you running a custom mod on top?

I've tried a few, and I've tried running without a mod

Tried to run it on my laptop too mate, and had no luck. I think it's something in the map :/

I am currently reinstalling everything on my desktop, though :)

Okay make sure none of your reflection probes are inside of a brush. They must not be touching anything (might be the problem)

Wtf you guys are on about? The error clearly states that he's precaching an IMAGE MATERIAL that isn't there. It doesn't matter if there a reflection probe in a brush, if you move map & gsc files to a new computer, reintall the game. That error will stay until you stop precaching an image that doesn't exist.

So if it's not the map script then it has to do something with the mod you're running. Obvious we can check to see if it's the mod running by running a map that has 0 errors and if the error occures, it is the MOD. otherwise it is the map, doesn't matter if you comment out the whole map gsc because if it's only occuring to your map, some GSC script link to your map is causing the problem and it won't go away until you properly solve it.

Wtf you guys are on about? The error clearly states that he's precaching an IMAGE MATERIAL that isn't there. It doesn't matter if there a reflection probe in a brush, if you move map & gsc files to a new computer, reintall the game. That error will stay until you stop precaching an image that doesn't exist.

So if it's not the map script then it has to do something with the mod you're running. Obvious we can check to see if it's the mod running by running a map that has 0 errors and if the error occures, it is the MOD. otherwise it is the map, doesn't matter if you comment out the whole map gsc because if it's only occuring to your map, some GSC script link to your map is causing the problem and it won't go away until you properly solve it.

Alright, is it mandatory that I have to use the Deathurn mod whilst compiling reflections?

edit: sorry for double post, forums bugged

Alright, is it mandatory that I have to use the Deathurn mod whilst compiling reflections?

When you compile reflections you don't have to run any mod at all, so if you're getting this error when you try to compile reflections it's more likely to be your map than anything else. Try building the fast file for it anyway and then running the map with developer on to see where the error is being called from in the full console.

Hid two of your triple posts for you.

I'd advise to not to use a mod to compile reflections. When compiling reflects it run scripts from your map & in raw/maps/mp/gametypes.

If you have been compiling a mod and that mod has overwiped the STOCK gsc's in raw/maps/mp/gametypes then it is most likely them files causing the errors and you need to revert them fiies back to stock so that it is script error free.

You're the best, thank you very much xD

So, to reference, I just reinstalled the raw/maps/mp/gametypes folder :)

Somewhere in your code you have setShader( "" <- empty shader name, [..] );

It's been fixed now, thanks anyway