unusedaccount

Raid DeathRun: Bad Ping and less accessibility to Players

26 posts in this topic

Raid DeathRun

Hey Raid Community

Seeing that Raid is back up I won't have any access to the game because of ping limit setting on server but even if it was unlocked for my ping it would just be unplayable with 380 odd ping or something like that. It's been kinda sorted out by Imtroll that their will not be anymore server moves due to lack or misleading info about where the server is actually located from the supplier of the server. If your reading this it's been edited so this is old news and has really no purpose or meaning.

Regards NeXus 

I have moved this topic to the correct location, this is mainly our fault for neglect in allowing users to post in news board. 

All of us EU players had to suffer with shit ping for almost 2 years, and we dealt with it pretty well

When selecting the new dedicated server the only option available to purchase was Canada, as shown in the "Raid Gaming is Staying Alive" topic. But then upon paying for the server and being given the IP, I found out that the server was in France. I can't do anything about this and it would mean that we have to re-set up the servers on a new machine. If we were to do that then we would have no forums, no servers and any other things hosted by us would be down for a minimum of a few days. Unfortunately, we can't just move the server to a new location.

Secondly, we aren't able to accept your offer on the Australian server due to security and legal risks that this would cause us in the long run. I am also unsure on how we would link the two servers so that players can connect to either one of them and end up in the same place as I have no knowledge on how to do this. But I do appreciate the offer and the help, thank you :)

Sorry again if this new location causes problems to you or anyone else, but I really can't move the servers. If I bought another server it would probably just end up in France again and then we'd have to go through the process of setting everything up again just to find that our server is still in France.

Well if you're from AUS you're gonna have bad ping across all deathrun servers that aren't AUS even if it was in Canada

thats party true but some poeple can manage on low 200 ping as i have got on the canadain server.

I just guess i will move on from the great community of raid. And hope just the best for you community.

Regards NeXus

I went from 60ms to 138ms and I still can play decently.  Unfortunately AUS players have always had ping problems since the beginning of COD from any server outside Australia.  Its funny because I live in Canada and now the server is in France I get about 60ms more and my connection goes across the Atlantic ocean.  You would think Australia would have a decent connection to the mainland.

I went from 60ms to 138ms and I still can play decently.  Unfortunately AUS players have always had ping problems since the beginning of COD from any server outside Australia.  Its funny because I live in Canada and now the server is in France I get about 60ms more and my connection goes across the Atlantic ocean.  You would think Australia would have a decent connection to the mainland.

be08846af68ca9793b1c813d6d469cef.jpg

canada looks closer to me :P

think you might of got Austria and Australia mixed up :P

No I meant Australia.  Every Australian I've played with on any server not located in Australia seems to always have a ping higher than 250ms.  It makes no sense why he would have less ping on a Canadian server than a france one.  Australia must not have a good link the the main land was the only point I was trying to make.

Poor Australian players, I feel sorry for their situation, worser than that can be only New Zealand or Antarctica xD I wonder what ping will be in Antarctica lmao

Basically, being an Aussie isn't easy for gaming.

GL anyways

Well in Australia we go shit government that doesn't want better internet even when we go to buy a music album it's cost like $30 aud in america it's $20 us and if you were to convert that would be $25.96 thats more than $4 overcharge and if we were to buy like a pc game it would cost like $110 aud. this is probibly why if you use utorrent you will find lots of aussies pirating things. I say fuck you goverment. sorry i got a little carried away

Regards NeXus

See I am faster than 84% of Australia 10% are schools and business and the other 6% are just lucky like i am.

you would think that i Aussie would would get decent ping on chinese server but not even i get like 280.

Have you ever thought about adding all of the stuff you wrote into one single post? Its a pretty cool thing to do..