Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BosnianArmy

Maybe this is a good idea?

Worth? YES or NO?   7 members have voted

1. 1. Worth? YES or NO?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Hello there!

I'm now wondering since I see now loads of talent scripters that they can maybe make a patch for cod4 mod tools? from 1.1 to 1.2 patch. Like fixing those dumb crashes, fixing the dumb missing objects from no where, fixes for errors etc.

I know this is a big challenge for you guys, but maybe it's worth 

So... I'm making a poll if it is a worth doing this challenge or not, let me know.

Problem being ... lots of shit is even missing from cod4 

Hello there!

I'm now wondering since I see now loads of talent scripters that they can maybe make a patch for cod4 mod tools? from 1.1 to 1.2 patch. Like fixing those dumb crashes, fixing the dumb missing objects from no where, fixes for errors etc.

I know this is a big challenge for you guys, but maybe it's worth 

So... I'm making a poll if it is a worth doing this challenge or not, let me know.

problem is, a lot of the errors that people encounter are actually problems the user has caused in radiant which is why you save your map and have autosave on.

To be honest, CoD 4 is 8 years old. In my opinion, I don't think this game is worth the time and effort to make a updated mod tools. I think its good the way it is and if anything, talented people should focus on more recent games. This is my opinion, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything.

I'm a guy who just gave up on Return From Castle Wolfenstein to take up COD 4.  It's really a question of how much time you have to put into it.

I'm a guy who just gave up on Return From Castle Wolfenstein to take up COD 4.  It's really a question of how much time you have to put into it.

Bit off-topic, but did you make maps for wolfenstein? =o

I would think they would need to have source code for cod 4 mod tools to make and kind of good patch some errors are probably on your side.

all tho I could probably fix some stuff by using simple .dll injection the game is not worth it anymore see that it's 8 years old

dat double post :dave:

Although I do believe that making a patch would be quite difficult  and quite pointless for an out of date game/engine/tools.

I still don't understand what crashes/bugs people are talking about?

I still don't understand what crashes/bugs people are talking about?

The ones where you press the wrong thing and fuck up, which is of course the program's fault not the user.. Haven't you learnt by now that nothing is ever the user's fault :dumb:

The ones where you press the wrong thing and fuck up, which is of course the program's fault not the user.. Haven't you learnt by now that nothing is ever the user's fault :dumb:

This is what I thought, if you're getting crashes you have yourself to blame. Didn't anybody tell you not to use the clipping+bsp editing tools too much?

Bit off-topic, but did you make maps for wolfenstein? =o

No, but I had thought about it. I looked into the specs and figured to do it right would take a whole lot of time, which I didn't have.