Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Synd

Adding Music to Your map

5 posts in this topic

Um, I made this some 6 months ago, or something like that. Been mapping recently, and forgot how to do it, then I found my old tutorial and realize I didn't post it here, so I figured I would now.

Lets get started.

The first thing you want to do is find the song you want in your map, of course.

After you have found your song that you want to put into your map, Copy and paste the song into Cod4<raw<sound.

Screenshot:

ZHapK.jpg

After you have done that, you will want to make a sound alias. To do this, go to cod4<raw<soundaliases.

Now, make a new text file, and save it as a .csv INSTEAD of .txt. (Name it mp_yourmapname.csv

Copy and Paste the following line into the sound alias that you have made.

name,sequence,file,vol_min,vol_max,vol_mod,pitch_min,pitch_max,dist_min,dist_max​?,channel,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle,compression,second​a?ryaliasname,volumefalloffcurve,startdelay,speakermap,reverb,lfe percentage,center percentage,platform,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage
song1,,songname.mp3,1,1,,,,1000000,,announcer,streamed,,,master,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Now what you want to do is change the ''song1'' part to what ever you would like, we will be referring to that name later. Change the songname.mp3 to your song name.mp3. Once you do that, you are done with the .csv

Open your gsc and put this script into the map

music()
{
    level waittill( "round_started" );
        wait 1;
    ambientPlay( "song1" );
}

Or you can simply create a new script because mine is probably messy :P

Change the song1 to whatever you named the song1 in the .csv (if you did change)

Now, add the following line to your Zone Files, and then update them.

sound,mp_dr_tutorial,mp_dr_tutorial,all_mp

Change the mp_dr_tutorial to mp_yourmapname

Now, we're almost done, what you need to do now is add the song into your .iwd file.

Go to Cod4<Mods<modyouuse and make a new .iwd.

If you do not know how to do this, simply right click, choose New< Winrar Zip Archive, rename the winrar archive to mp_yourmapname.iwd. (REPLACE THE .ZIP WITH .IWD.)

Once you have done that, make a new folder in your .iwd called ''sound''
Copy and paste the song into that folder.

Now you are done, go enjoy your map!

I know that a lot of people already know how to do this, but I already made this tutorial and figured I would post it. I apologize if there is another one on the forums as I only did a brief look through the tutorials, and there could be one in there that I didn't see.

Ty sentrex for teaching me how to do this awhile ago.