SPi

Cod4: "The Deal" Demo [RELEASE]

19 posts in this topic

Finally The Demo is released.

This Demo may be the only part of this map ever released as it is not sure if i will finish this Map because Rooftops Mappack is top priority, and I dont know if ill have strength to continue.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dpt2fp6qxiib7ni/The+Deal+Demo.zip

Watch The Trailer if you haven't. It will motivate you to play it.

That was pretty fucking awesome! Voice acting was a bit meh but gameplay looked great.

@@Purity

I liked that you liked it but....

Voice acting was a bit meh?

Look im not a professional actor and i did 4 characters by changing my voice and accent. I think its pretty decent enough for someone who not only makes the maps and script and all the file handling, but writes the dialogues and makes the voices of 4 characters with separate accent each. The way it sounds is because i dont have Surer HD recorders or a great recording studio. All i did is record my voice with only the accent talent i gave which I along with other people who have seen it admitted that is more than great. After all Seek other custom maps with custom voice recordings. They're good but he does only 2 or less characters. The second with his nose closed.

Anyway, I expected more feedback for this. Hope to hear more :)

You wanted some feedback, so here you go (Key: [G] = Good | [N] = Not Bad | = Suggestion  )

[G] The gameplay was pretty fun, especially the elevator scene felt like a MI5 mission

[G] The animations on the meeting scene, we're pretty good (Eventhough it was the scene from campaign hue)

[N] The voice acting wasn't bad, would of been better if you requested more people to more voice acting, because some people on these forums have done previous voice acting before, Staab&iMtroll did some voice acting in a WAW zombies map and it did seem pretty professional

[N] Length of the campaign, i know it's a demo but would of been better if you did more to it, cause it didn't feel like it lasted long enough IMO

Maybe make it a little more stealthy, since when i think of MI5 i think of stealthy environments etc

And obviously maybe make it a little bit longer, since it would be pretty cool if it was longer heh

@@Purity

I liked that you liked it but....

Voice acting was a bit meh?

Look im not a professional actor and i did 4 characters by changing my voice and accent. I think its pretty decent enough for someone who not only makes the maps and script and all the file handling, but writes the dialogues and makes the voices of 4 characters with separate accent each. The way it sounds is because i dont have Surer HD recorders or a great recording studio. All i did is record my voice with only the accent talent i gave which I along with other people who have seen it admitted that is more than great. After all Seek other custom maps with custom voice recordings. They're good but he does only 2 or less characters. The second with his nose closed.

Anyway, I expected more feedback for this. Hope to hear more :)

Maybe you could ask more people to do voice acting then?

As good as this is, I can sort of tell that most of the voices were just by you, since the characters all have the same tone of voice :<

The level itself is pretty weird, it goes from serious, to comedic, then back to serious again :P 

Also I have noticed that the running animation for the silenced pistol is a bit messed up when you're running.

All in all it reminds me of a cheesy James Bond remake :P

@

Thanks good points.

Its MI6 btw, it says it in the beginning.

I can handle the Voice acting myself for at least 3 different characters (One major role and other non-important ones).

I may ask for voice acting help. but i dont think i can change the quality due to mic. Its not that bad for one person work after all is it?

The only voice acting help i got is from a cousin who voiced Agent 61 (Player) and he had just 3 lines lol. 

Wasnt Long enough?  Yes youre right. I know it wasnt long but take into consideration that cod4 is not designed to have such missions. Like characters walking civilians standing and stuff which was a lot of hard work to do. Moving AI in lift while playing an animation jeez was an achievement for me when it worked, I dont want to mention the music glitches that slowed me down like if player died the game wouldnt stop music and play the next one (I used flag_set after a savegame and flag wait for stop-play music. ).

Furthermore, The Deal is a short Origins Mission of Rooftops mappack that is going to be long ;) and much more fun.

Stealth will come when you take the role of SAS in the Mission in later releases. And Rooftops Mappack has a better stealth sequence.

Thanks again.

@

Where did it got comedic?

Running animation is from black ops 1 m1911 sprint.

and Guys Sorry for Caps. DOWNLOAD AND READ THE README Everything is explained there. :P

The line in the elevator after you kill people, that's quite comedic for example :P

I feel like whenever someone is suggesting something instead of listening and taking it under your stride you're trying to justify what you've done

Ach I know, i just get the feeling like everyone has too much expectations from me, im one man doing everything reaching the limit of my capabilities  and they ask for more.

Feels like they dont understand that what i did was very hard and tiring to accomplish.

Anyway, maybe im wrong. Maybe i got many expectations from people i dont know.

Ach I know, i just get the feeling like everyone has too much expectations from me, im one man doing everything reaching the limit of my capabilities and they ask for more.

Feels like they dont understand that what i did was very hard and tiring to accomplish.

Anyway, maybe im wrong. Maybe i got many expectations from people i dont know.

Trust me I know how hard it is, but you asked for opinions and criticism so that's what you should expect!

For example about the voices, you did a great job of it on your own. No ones doubting that, but why not improve further by asking friends to help out with some recording?

Once again, what you've achieved here is pretty amazing. But that doesn't mean you can't improve further!

Good luck with any future work you decide to do :)

I actually really enjoyed what I played, I love modern day shooters (not too old but not like advanced warfare) and this felt so fun. I just agree with Sentrex about the voices and then maybe spend more time detailing the map (and ask people if you need help with detail) and then, make sure that it has an ending that doesn't leave you wanting more. Think about the whole thing :)

The trailer really  brought my attention

Nice work  ;)

Sentrex I accept that. Thx.

JWofles Thanks again, but thats the point of the demo. making players wonder what will happen next. My next and last pre release Demo about Rooftops mappack

that will be out in Summer, has 3 missions thus 3 cliffhangers that will hype people to play The Final Release.  I have thought about the whole thing ;)

Kratos Thanks mate.

this is really good. especially since you dont have some major desgin studio backing you up or a high investment team paying you for your work,

For one person this is totally acceptable imo. And I dont think he does that for a living and gets paid for it so yea.. its pretty good. Keep up the work

CoD4 "The Deal" 2nd Demo Sneak Peak

Nice work so far