Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lossy

Raid CoDjumper early beta coming soon™

28 posts in this topic

Hello all, so some of you have been asking for a CoDjumper server for awhile and while i was messing around with menus i deecided to make it for CJ, so me and the rest of server mangers+ had a vote if we should setup a cod jumper server and agreed, so i started to finish of my work when i had time since the start of the week and me being me, i decided that i wanted to have source files to the mod, so i re-did some shit like I did with death run and now i have source files, whilst there still some things to do before it can even be tested it's near done.

Here a video of what it's kinda like at the moment, not fully though.

http://www.xfire.com/video/62113f

Now the reason I'm posting this is because I don't really play CJ much and you guys do so this will mean you'll know what I should try and add.

Here my TODO list, copied from my TODOLIST.TXT file ^^ so you have an idea of what i have left to do and what i plan on already adding

Last updated 14/3/2014

Try and keep mod.ff and cj.iwd file below 5mb

Add grav gun

Make rank icons for newbie, reg, vip, admin, server mang and community mang

Finish graphics, options, weapon, character and admin menu

Add vip and admin gun

Add moar vip options like noclip, special character and other shit!

Make it so players can't knife with mod default weapons

Make mapvote menu(?)

Allow players to vote for another map if map time runs out(?)

Add CJ Menu functions to main.menu

Add admin login

Fix the quick message menu functions & re-work design

Finish off hud.menu

Great idea! Love the menus, and the thing that you can turn off and on oldschool is just awesome!

Yeah, plz make it OS(oldschool) + Non OS with the ability to switch between them either using a menu or a bind... Many players now prefer OS, easier and less frustrating, plus some good maps are made playable OS-only, for example mp_unbelievable.

Also, I suggest you to definitely make a mapvote menu, so EACH player is allowed to start a mapvote ONCE per map. Also consider adding the option to vote to extend map time, it is very crucial :P

Second, make RPGs silent, or make them sound like the silencer pistols.

Third, add the sexiest rpg, deagle and gloves skins !

Fourth, plz try to make the iprintinbold style/animation different, so every time it is announced that someone completed a map it looks good. Definitely add public welcome messages and admin welcome message.

Fifth, add grav gun but make it usable for some amount of bullets/seconds, not unlimited.

It's a good idea to try out a cj server but it's a bit of work you need to put in before it attracts people  :ph34r:

QueNNch, that option is already in the mod, check the vid at 1:34 or check this pic!

Oh.... sorry, didn't notice the video :o

Keep up the good work Lossy.

I think that there should be a timer, on a map for 1hour/1hour 30 minutes because often on other codjumper servers, there's always these maps which get overplayed and they stay on that same map for near enough 3/4 hours. just a suggestion :)

The extend time has a vote so it is completely fair. Some people may not like the map but you can vote for another.

I know, but it would be nice to still have a timer on a map, so it doesn't get overplayed that much :>

Difference between overplayed and played on (For a while according to you)

There should be a timer that can only be extended by a certain amount of time

So if a map is timed to play only 30 minutes before rotating to a new map, players should only be able to vote to extend the map 20-30 more minutes max

Seems fair enough

That's kind of the point which i'm trying to get across with the map time limit. 

It would be nice if that could be implemented in some way ^^ 

to be fair this needed a bump so lossy can be reminded that he still hasn't put up a server yet :dave: