Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iMtroll

Promotion + New Admin Openings!

32 posts in this topic

HIYA, Me again..

fuck off Troll, why do you even own raid?

So anyway, I thought I'd just like to announce that one of our server admins has been promoted to a lead admin

Congratulations @West  

Now, there are reasons as to why he was promoted quickly, and rest assured that I am not the only one that made this decision. 

Also, the admin applications are opening up again, so good luck to all you new applicants!

Regards,

iMtroll

Welcome the dark green tribe @West

If you or others didn't know already: Lead Admins will have access to a forum (In the Raid Gaming Admin section) which will have copies of the applications with polls attached. This forum will also be accessible to Server Managers/Community Managers who may also vote and comment on applications. The applicant themselves will of course not be able to see it. This will also be the case for voting on trial admins. This will hopefully streamline our recruitment process and make it a bit more effective. Also Lead Admins will be watching you server admins so check yoself before you wreck yoself

HIYA, Me again..

fuck off Troll, why do you even own raid?

Lol

Congratulations West

Congratulations @West truly deserved!

Have fun with the extra power, noob. :troll:

In all seriousness, deserves it a lot and sure you'll be quite amazing at the job.

Welcome the dark green tribe @West

If you or others didn't know already: Lead Admins will have access to a forum (In the Raid Gaming Admin section) which will have copies of the applications with polls attached. This forum will also be accessible to Server Managers/Community Managers who may also vote and comment on applications. The applicant themselves will of course not be able to see it. This will also be the case for voting on trial admins. This will hopefully streamline our recruitment process and make it a bit more effective. Also Lead Admins will be watching you server admins so check yoself before you wreck yoself

always nice seeing my old posts get quoted :dave:

@@West congrats dude! You're the highest standing NA admin on raid as of now. Make us muricans (and canadalandmans) proud!

Thanks for all the kind words, and good luck to upcoming applicants, best of luck to you guys..

Congratz @@West welcome to the dark green club...... oh wait i am nab ;-; i dont have green..........  :no:

grats @@West on ur fast promotion, I dont know what you did but it mustve been well deserved to get it this quick :dave:

Congrats!

grats @@West on ur fast promotion, I dont know what you did but it mustve been well deserved to get it this quick :dave:

Congrats!

i agree, congrats west

he sucked some troll dick

Congrats!

i agree, congrats west

he sucked some troll dick

Let me explain to you what the "lead admins" do so you don't forget in the future.

Lead admins help decide who gets to be an admin, they're also to help overlook the rest of the admin team and make sure server admins are doing what they've been accepted for and help new (trail admins) learn how raid admin system works and make sure they treat everyone equally, act mature all the time ( so no moaning in the server because some one got promoted that you don't think earned it) and of course more which should be obvious now.

So to get to play in this role Troll has to overlook all admins and see who has the required skills to do it. He needs to pick people that has an idea of how people act like in the server, making sure that server admin does everything correctly( giving players verbal warnings before banning, making sure the ban reason is suitable and clear), treating everyone equally(so not always choosing over their friends in situations where both partys are in the wrong), acting mature in the public server, not dick sucking to get promoted and more that a fair admin does.

So no, just because him and troll talked a lot did not get him lead admin. If you think west hasn't been admin long and got promoted to early then you can say the same about troll and how i gave him ownership of raid when he was only admin for a couple of months.

And as troll said, he did get some advise from other people to decide who earns it and I was one of them and i told him the best option is west since he's very active, he's not power hungry(yes i'm saying some server admins are power hungry in my eyes and it annoys me that i let them have power and i've already told troll who i think them people are), he's a very respectable person within the server and teamspeak, he comes on teamspeak and willing to get to know EVERYONE, so he has the best idea of who should get admin out of anyone else that's server admin. 

In all honestly west is a very down to earth person, he gives 0 fucks about admin powers, he just wants to help the community. Hell he's donated a lot, he's bloody 3rd on the top donators, doesn't that show how much he cares about this community?

If you can't see why west earns it then in all honestly you clearly don't interact with enough people within this community or even gotten to know west and probably just jealous that you didn't get it. 

I probably shouldn't be saying this but some one has to point it out and it's also making west feeling bad about being promoted after 3 months and I'm not putting up with this bullshit with people not agreeing that west got promoted because he does a better job than them as an admin.

P.S west wasn't the only option troll had in mind which is why he asked for others opinion. so remember that before saying stuff like "west was just sucking troll dick"

Anyway, congratulations @West, you've earned it.

lol i wasnt insulting west, or saying he didnt deserve the role, yes he is a very mature admin but he only gained his admin powers a few weeks ago, it seems like the promotion from trial > admin > lead admin was WAY too quick IMO, and for no actual real reason? 

Anyways, again, congrats west.

lol i wasnt insulting west, or saying he didnt deserve the role, yes he is a very mature admin but he only gained his admin powers a few weeks ago, it seems like the promotion from trial > admin > lead admin was WAY too quick IMO, and for no actual real reason? 

Anyways, again, congrats west.

It doesn't matter about how long you've been an raid admin, it matters if you have the skills to do the job and troll thinks you do as well. It's the same with server manager, you don't have to be a server admin to get server manager, you just need the skills to become one. Specially since server manager isn't to do with administrating the server, it's looking after the servers/website and trying to improve it, Which i hope one day Mikey will become since he does a damn good job at it.

Only difference between getting lead admin and server manager is to be lead admin, you kinda need to be server admin so troll can see how good of an admin you are and if you have the skills to become one, where as server manager is more about knowing how to handle a server and being able to develop new things for it which you don't do as a server admin.

Also you never know when they might need another Lead admin which is why admins need to just keep doin what they doin ;)

It reminds me of Blur all over again.

Player --> Moderator --> Server Admin --> Admin, all in a short space of time!

Well done West, I'm sure you'll be brilliant!

Eh, I had a feeling things were going to break down into this, I just felt kinda bad at first because I, myself, also asked as to why I was promoted so fast over others, and actually questioned Troll and Lossy as to why, I hope there's no odd string between us and hope to keep the same relationship we had when I was a user/trial admin/and server admin. Hope you guys have a good rest of the day/morning. 

And thanks again for the wishes everyone.

Let me explain to you what the "lead admins" do so you don't forget in the future.

Lead admins help decide who gets to be an admin, they're also to help overlook the rest of the admin team and make sure server admins are doing what they've been accepted for and help new (trail admins) learn how raid admin system works and make sure they treat everyone equally, act mature all the time ( so no moaning in the server because some one got promoted that you don't think earned it) and of course more which should be obvious now.

So to get to play in this role Troll has to overlook all admins and see who has the required skills to do it. He needs to pick people that has an idea of how people act like in the server, making sure that server admin does everything correctly( giving players verbal warnings before banning, making sure the ban reason is suitable and clear), treating everyone equally(so not always choosing over their friends in situations where both partys are in the wrong), acting mature in the public server, not dick sucking to get promoted and more that a fair admin does.

So no, just because him and troll talked a lot did not get him lead admin. If you think west hasn't been admin long and got promoted to early then you can say the same about troll and how i gave him ownership of raid when he was only admin for a couple of months.

And as troll said, he did get some advise from other people to decide who earns it and I was one of them and i told him the best option is west since he's very active, he's not power hungry(yes i'm saying some server admins are power hungry in my eyes and it annoys me that i let them have power and i've already told troll who i think them people are), he's a very respectable person within the server and teamspeak, he comes on teamspeak and willing to get to know EVERYONE, so he has the best idea of who should get admin out of anyone else that's server admin. 

In all honestly west is a very down to earth person, he gives 0 fucks about admin powers, he just wants to help the community. Hell he's donated a lot, he's bloody 3rd on the top donators, doesn't that show how much he cares about this community?

If you can't see why west earns it then in all honestly you clearly don't interact with enough people within this community or even gotten to know west and probably just jealous that you didn't get it. 

I probably shouldn't be saying this but some one has to point it out and it's also making west feeling bad about being promoted after 3 months and I'm not putting up with this bullshit with people not agreeing that west got promoted because he does a better job than them as an admin.

P.S west wasn't the only option troll had in mind which is why he asked for others opinion. so remember that before saying stuff like "west was just sucking troll dick"

Anyway, congratulations @West, you've earned it.

that moment when no tl;dr

anyways, i was just kidding when i said he was sucking troll's dick. i said it yesterday in ts too. 'twas just a rood joke

jesus