Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lossy

Show your desktop

607 posts in this topic

Mine's only a laptop for college and university though :( must be awful for you to have to game on it

it's not impossible to game on it, racing games are pretty fine on 13" and i assume RTS too, but playing FPS hurts and I prefeer using my 24" screen for that :dave:

Still hunting for best pc deals to rebuild muh i7 powered monster, im monitoring a few auctions and I'm yet to decide if I'm going back to 4790k, getting the maximum oomph with 5820k or simply build my new rig with 6700k, it all depends what auction I win :ph34r:

I gotta be prepared for upcomming GPUs :awesome:

Don't moan you have a macbook from around 1000 euro/dollars/pounds ..

Macs are a way overpriced tho and I'd never buy one, but stop bitching about these prices every time when someone got PC that's better than yours since your's a potato, don't you have an old i7 laptop that costed a lot back when it came out?

it's not impossible to game on it, racing games are pretty fine on 13" and i assume RTS too, but playing FPS hurts and I prefeer using my 24" screen for that :dave:

Still hunting for best pc deals to rebuild muh i7 powered monster, im monitoring a few auctions and I'm yet to decide if I'm going back to 4790k, getting the maximum oomph with 5820k or simply build my new rig with 6700k, it all depends what auction I win :ph34r:

I gotta be prepared for upcomming GPUs :awesome:

yes you need to be prepared for the upcoming winter so you'll go out and buy polaris

I said don't moan for that price because he could have bought a better laptop/pc for that money xd

And I bought my laptop second hand :awesome: , the guy it self bought it for around 800 euro's and I bought it around 300 :D

I said don't moan for that price because he could have bought a better laptop/pc for that money xd

He needs it for college...

What can't a laptop do what a mac can?..

Run software only developed for Mac? :dave:

teenage girl simulator

I need it for music, as I use software called logic pro, which is mac only. And for audio and video rendering, Mac is far better. But I'm still a windows guy

Ok for music and graphics things but for the rest what a mac can do can a laptop as well and even more in general for the laptop. But for normal school usage he could have gotten a normal laptop or a beast laptop for 1000 euro/dollars/pounds. That's the point that I'm trying to say lol

Ok for music and graphics things but for the rest what a mac can do can a laptop as well and even more in general for the laptop. But for normal school usage he could have gotten a normal laptop or a beast laptop for 1000 euro/dollars/pounds. That's the point that I'm trying to say lol

What if his school forced him to get it?

That would pretty stupid... and means they want to rape ur money.

And the point everyone else trying to make is he needed it for college to do music production in a software only available on OS X...

They are expensive because they use good components in their machines. Sure, these components may not be too good for gaming, but for being easy to use and for effectivity they are brilliant parts. 

For example, they use flash based PCI SSD's. Flash based SSD's may have their downsides such as amount of space on them, but they are extremely fast and cost a lot of money. Mac's use these for storage. 

The audio and video in Mac's are genuinely fantastic, especially in the MacBook Pro's. They have a very high quality of sound and a very good display on screen. My resolution on this machine is 2560x1600 if I remember right, which is pretty decent for the size of my screen. Plus it's also a retina display, which is also high quality. 

So sure, Apple's parts may be bad if you think you know everything about computers based on just by looking at the clock speed of a CPU and saying "LOL THIS IS 2.3GHz AND WINDOWS PC's ALLOW SOME CPU'S THAT HAVE LIKE 4.7GHz xDDDDDDD MAC IS SHIT. LOL IT HAS 8GB RAM AND I HAVE 32! xDDDDDDD". But it's the way they work and the interaction they have with the operating system that makes the parts good. 

Anyway, this thread has derailed, so let's get back on track.

2deCFhP.jpg

nerds it's about the linuxmasterrace, that's where the true masterrace is at nerds. macs are overpriced, looks ugly, have to buy  a new overpriced laptop to upgrade, not a open source os and more. windows is a spy tool, they hate third party apps that changes the OS and end up stealing people ideas to make their next windows better. Laptops sucks, do you see my linux pc overheated like that junk? did i meantion linux is free?

#linuxmasterracepeasants.

nerds it's about the linuxmasterrace, that's where the true masterrace is at nerds. macs are overpriced, looks ugly, have to buy  a new overpriced laptop to upgrade, not a open source os and more. windows is a spy tool, they hate third party apps that changes the OS and end up stealing people ideas to make their next windows better. Laptops sucks, do you see my linux pc overheated like that junk? did i meantion linux is free?

#linuxmasterracepeasants.

Part of the reasons macs are overpriced is because of how they look. I can't deny they look very clean then lets say, a Saber. For people like me who just want a smooth experience, I can't be fucked with linux because I know windows will do everything for me. For budget builds/connoisseur, linux is great. If I want to play a game, I have the reassurance that it'll work on windows. Yea windows is a spy tool but honestly do you think OSX isnt.

I realize that this is /s but whatever idc fist me daddy

Kek,

I agree with Siikdude. It's for the clean looks and the model it self. Even though the produc it self is good, how they build a very small sized motherboard that you could compare to a Apple smartphone is genious. But the fact that's overpriced is irritating alot..

Anyways let's go back to da topic c:

If I would have a clean desktop... xD

6714280ff45e3425504ac20cab41a313.jpg

TbGGiVL.jpg

I can openly admit to enjoying GoT now cuz I'm actually caught up woo

here's my craptop too except I got some shit replaced and it's actually okay now:

TJDYw4t.png

Specs are all over the place but my father paid for most of it so w.e

here's my craptop too except I got some shit replaced and it's actually okay now:

TJDYw4t.png

Specs are all over the place but my father paid for most of it so w.e

Wallpaper link please :p