Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeXus .

Logining to Linux VPS

9 posts in this topic

I am sorry guys but i actually have never used a vps and it's with linux and try the friend "Google" but all the programs look like source code or mac? so is their a recommend program i used some but they can't even connect to the server even though i can ping them? thanks guys i know i am stupid but it would be awesome if someone could tell me.

Also remember that almost everything goes trough the CMD (command prompt) in Linux, installing sofware's or changing things etc. I said almost everything, so not everything.

Yes, use something like PuTTY to login to the ssh side of your server.

http://putty.org/

Also, I would recommend using WinSCP for your file transfers (eg cod4).

It also has a custom ssh prompt built in.

no WinSCP doesn't, WinSCP is a FTP/SCP/SFTP client for windows. :facepalm:

There's plenty o' tutorials online mate.

Like people said, connect via SSH or PuTTy. Using your host IP/name, your username to your VPS, and the password.

P.S, the login username should be "root"

Remember, to get software it's sudo apt-get 

Plus, before you do anything, do sudo apt-get update so it gives you all of the latest updates before doing anything

Not just for windows.

And yes it does have a built in console.

http://gyazo.com/e54a2dc24b69776f6ab9f11e38a2bfed

Yes and try to use it's built in terminal like a ssh and watch a lot of commands not work... oh yeah because the only ones that will work is for transfering files and some other terminal commands like it says on their website, so gl installing stuff with that terminal since it doesn't fully support user input...

this is why they advise you use something like putty for ssh stuff and closely coorperate with it.

and yes it is for windows only, Win is short for windows and on their website the tool is for windows only, know the tools your using before telling others to use them... because obviously you didn't... it says on their website that it's used for file transfering mainly and offers basic scripting stuff and file managering. (Notice keyword Basic.) For WINDOWS, where do you see any other OS names in there?

Yes and try to use it's built in terminal like a ssh and watch a lot of commands not work... oh yeah because the only ones that will work is for transfering files and some other terminal commands like it says on their website, so gl installing stuff with that terminal since it doesn't fully support user input...

this is why they advise you use something like putty for ssh stuff and closely coorperate with it.

and yes it is for windows only, Win is short for windows and on their website the tool is for windows only, know the tools your using before telling others to use them... because obviously you didn't... it says on their website that it's used for file transfering mainly and offers basic scripting stuff and file managering. (Notice keyword Basic.) For WINDOWS, where do you see any other OS names in there?

First Lossy will tell it nicely, you don't listen to him? Get re-kt 720 no scope by him :dave: