Wraith

Mod.ff

18 posts in this topic

I have recently switch to deathrun 1.2 custom, but i don't know how to make my mod.ff since it was never supplied with the script, i check the makemod.bat file, it was giving error that ....zone/english/mod.ff specified file was not found, thus i mad a .ff file and name id mod.ff and put it cod4/zone/english folder, after this the mod.ff file was made but its size was 25kb, and when i run the mod, my cod4 crashes and stucks my computer so that i can't even see what the error is. can anyone help me with this.

Um... install mod tools then use makemod.bat then makeiwd.bat any orders fine. then put content into a folder in your mods root remembering to put all the configs and stuff. [if it ask for any think just press D] and these are listed in the requirements on github, braxi has made this very,very easy for you. All you need to do is read. and you don't have bad english so... it should be easy, what do you mean deathrun 1.2 custom? it's just braxi's source with a few plugins to fix know bugs.

Information given on github

extract deathrun_dev to your cod4/mods directory and run makeMod.bat, press D (you're copying directories) if asked and then run makeIWD.bat to build .IWD files.

Requirements
  • Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare (>=1.6)
  • CoD4 Mod Tools patched to latest version
  • ENGLISH version of CoD4 (for mod compilation)

Dude i get that part, even the mod.ff file is made, just one problem it doesn't let the mod run. it makes my cod4 crash as soon as i run it.

Found out the name of the error (fastfile could not be read from zone: fiile unsupported)

Ah... whats the size of mod.ff? orignal is like 9mb

Dude don't reply just edit older reply with the update information.

you have obv screw something up it works for the rest of us,

read the post 25 kilo bytes

and do i need to have a genuine cod4 to make it? cuz i don't :3

read the post 25 kilo bytes

and do i need to have a genuine cod4 to make it? cuz i don't :3

Of cause not

cuz u nub and your .ff file is corrupt

yep, can we close this and set as answered?!?!

but i still don't see how that solved my problem....

if u can't answer my question with my given info

then ask me for any other thing that i might have not supplied in the information or am doing wrong.

If your cod4 didn't have the zone directory in the first place you're probably missing hell of a lot more files. You should probably do a fresh clean install of CoD4+ modtools and try again.

I do have my zone directory(without the mod.ff file), and yup i have no bin directory :3

So... I have to redownload one that has them? To make my mod.ff file.

No, you don't make your own mod.ff, that's probably why it's crashing as well because you tried to manually make it. The bash commands make the mod.ff.

You're missing files which is stopping the mod from compiling, it says on braxi github that it requires CoD4 and CoD4 mod tools, it sounds like you're missing stuff from Stock cod4 that you get for installing and the mod tools files itself that you download online.

You need them to make a mod or compile one.

I am still finding out whats wrong with it, if it help then when i use my makeMod.ff this is what happens

E:\Activision\mods\deathrun_dev>cd..\..\bin

E:\Activision\bin\linker_pc.exe -language english -compress -cleanup mod

ERROR: could not open '.././zone_source/english/assetlist/mod.csv'

Press any key to continue.

E:\Activison\bin>cd ..\mods\deathrun_dev

E:\Activison\mods\deathrun_dev>copy ..\..\zone\english\mod.ff

The system cannot find the file specified.

E:\Activision\mods\deathrun_dev>pause

Press any key to continue.

I do have my zone directory(without the mod.ff file), and yup i have no bin directory :3

So... I have to redownload one that has them? To make my mod.ff file.

I already have them

It is literally impossible to have no bin folder and have the mod tools. Stock CoD4 does not even have a bin folder, you get the bin folder when you install the Mod Tools ya dingus. You have CoD4 installed, but you DO NOT HAVE THE MOD TOOLS INSTALLED. Get the link from above, and extract those files into your CoD4 directory. Then run the MakeMod.bat file. That error log you posted above even says that it "could not open" the file because it does not even exist. Extract the mod tools and then run it.