Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeadEcho

Xfire is over!

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I sadly read xfire's last broadcast message:

Dear Xfire users - It is with sadness that we must announce that the Xfire Social services will be shutdown on Friday (June 12th). 
Please visit social.xfire.com to download your video/screenshot data. We apologize for the short notice - Xfire Community Team

Thu Jun 11 08:59:57 2015

So write your steam name here if you would like to be added by other Raid members.

Or you can join the official steam group for the Raid-Gaming.net Community here:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Raid-Steam-Group

My steam name is zs0lt1, add me if you want to play csgo with me ^^

you beat me to this topic :>

But yeah people should join the steam group, i believe you can message anyone within the group :o also darmuh really should give troll the powers in the group so he can sort it out

also darmuh really should give troll the powers in the group so he can sort it out

oops. I'm on it now!

Mines jacdude7 or purity

same emblem/avatar as my picture on raid :)

Don't know why did they need to shut down the messenger as it only made Xfire more popular as a brand. Now they want to get into the esports business but they don't realise that their rival ESL also has a messenger (with integrated anticheat and auto server joining).

They just scrapped one of their biggest strengths, the community.

I most likely have everyone on steam but if you don't then add me :D --> http://steamcommunity.com/id/QueNNch/

Is xfire actually over though? My friend noticed a few of the Broadcast messages were a bit odd,

One stated 'Help' and the other just said 'Lol' - I dont think xfire would do this, and he checked their website and no news of xfire shutting down was on it (i havent checked cba) could this be possible, some pro haxzors?

interesting

Here's the announcement your friend couldn't find:

In 2003, Xfire released the Xfire Client, the first product to bring the outside world into your games. Since its humble beginnings as a simple chat client it has steadily grown to enable users to take screenshots, videos, and live broadcasts and share them on the Xfire Social Website. Attracting over 24 million users into a healthy and vibrant community, it set the standard for the socialization of PC Games.

Twelve years bring a lot of change to an industry. This is especially true in the fast paced world of gaming and the dynamics of the industry have changed significantly in this time. Since Xfire was first released, we’ve seen 3 console generations, the advent of mobile gaming, the transition from packaged games to digital distribution, and the rise of Free To Play games.

We’ve also seen esports grow from small LAN Parties into a maturing industry. Esports has the potential to grow as large as its real world counterpart, and at Xfire, we want to be a part of that. For this reason, we have decided to sunset the Xfire Client and the social site so we can focus our efforts on The Xfire Tournament Platform. This hasn’t been an easy decision. We have a lot of loyal users and we know many of you will be disappointed by the loss of the client and community. But we feel that we are well positioned to make a significant impact in bringing the exhilaration of esports from the pros to the masses, and we can’t do that effectively while also maintaining the client and social website.

We’d like to thank our loyal fans and users who have stuck with us over the years and we hope that you’ll join us on the next chapter of Xfire either as a tournament organizer, a team owner, a participant, or a spectator.

We understand that a lot of our users are attached to the screen shots and videos that were uploaded to your profiles and we want to make sure you don’t lose them. If you’d like to recover them, you can do so using the form below.

Thanks again for using Xfire, and we look forward to see you in a tournament in the near future.

http://social.xfire.com/

xfire client has closed down now, so don't forget to join the steam group, add friends on steam etc... also can mikey remove the xfire fields from admin page and stuff?

RIP xfire :( was so good

in this day and age not really.

in this day and age not really.

It was useful for communication of hackers, organising scrims etc, screenshots/videos, joining servers easily.

I used it for atleast 4 years and it'll be hard to get used to just using steam :D

It was useful for communication of hackers, organising scrims etc, screenshots/videos, joining servers easily.

I used it for atleast 4 years and it'll be hard to get used to just using steam :D

It may have been useful for this purpose, but steam can be used for the exact same purposes. In fact, it's better. Since you pay for almost all games through steam anyway. Xfire was a dated program, and i'm not surprised it's finally over.

It may have been useful for this purpose, but steam can be used for the exact same purposes. In fact, it's better. Since you pay for almost all games through steam anyway. Xfire was a dated program, and i'm not surprised it's finally over.

Ugh what I remember about Xfire is that it keept crashing BF3 whenever i had overlay enabled, it's sluggish community webserver and client using more CPU than it should.

I won't miss Xfire. :dave:

it keept crashing BF3

THIS. It even crashed it for me when I didn't have the overlay enabled for some stupid reason. ;-;

i had no problems with it on bf3.