Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwofles

Cultural Foods

47 posts in this topic

People in Raid are from many places and it's interesting to know what we all eat, so I made this.

Basically, you just post a name of a food that many people in your country eat and it's generally found in your country/culture. Then, explain what it is (if you want) and post a picture. Have fun getting hungry!

P.S Try and think of something that not many people have and don't just put 'chips' or something boring like that, make it interesting!

Beans on toast.

beans_on_toast430x300.jpg

Beans on toast is commonly found in the UK and I didn't realise not many people other than us Brits eat this since it's so good. While it may look, sloppy and what not, hot beans on a crusty slice of toast is really tasty and filling. It's warm and you just taste the beans. If you ever have this, make sure you use 'Heinz Baked Beans' for your beans as they are the only good brand. It's really easy to make and sometimes I just have this as a whole meal ^.^

Famous foods from the great country of;

Flagbig.GIF

Yorkshire Pudding

Three-Yorkshire-puddings--001.jpg

Fry

traditional-english-breakfast.png

Scones and Tea

scone-and-tea-3.jpg?w=630

@@Purity Since this is a food thread, may as well point out that your pixel avatar takes four bites to fully eat the taco while the text underneath is only three Noms

Our food here in Murica is unadulterated deep fried glory

Behold!

DeepFriedBurger1.jpg

Upon many of the regular deep fried foods, burgers remain one of the most classic items turn into heavenly bliss

@@Purity Since this is a food thread, may as well point out that your pixel avatar takes four bites to fully eat the taco while the text underneath is only three Noms

Our food here in Murica is unadulterated deep fried glory

Behold!

DeepFriedBurger1.jpg

Upon many of the regular deep fried foods, burgers remain one of the most classic items turn into heavenly bliss

Being an American, for some reason that looks appealing to me and I would most likely eat that when offered.

Then the choking and diabetes would follow soon afterwards.

Most famous dish in Bolivia [Majadito - Arroz , Charque, Platano, Huevo and Yuca]
2agivk6.jpg

This is a typical snack of Bolivia called Salteña:

pacena-la-saltena.jpg

saltena.jpg

Bolivia doesn't have any special dish, this one is called Ceviche

350v56w.jpg

Well, surprised none of you Brit fgts haven't said this yet, but...

nqxefiL.jpg

Fish & Chips!

I don't think we created it, but we sure as hell eat it a lot.

Well I will tell the Bosnian and the Dutch food here but let's start first with the Bosnian food  :)

The original flag:

554a0987-3058-49ee-970e-1085b0094cfb-zas

The flag that we need to have because we signed that because of Serbian fags.. otherwise the war wouldn't stop: 

drzavna-zastava-bih-januar-13-nb005-600x

The location of it: 

Bosnia.jpg

Now the food:

The very known speciality from Bosnia is burek, cevapcici,  and maslenica

editedchin022713burek_liv18[1]-2428.jpg

We got different types of burek and sizes of it, most people say it's turkish burek but it isn't, their burek is very different then our ones. We bring into burek these food --->

Type 1: Little pieces of potato's and minced meat and eat it with yogurt  :)
Type 2: Potato's only and if you want yogurt
Type 3: With spinach, tasty as well
Type 4: With courgette or pumpkin, tried it only with courgette and sometimes it can be very tasty
Type 5: Or maslenica what turns into burek type, very tasty this one  :P but we call it burek and not maslenica 

d3892499c5e447259320f2afc30f510a.jpg

Cevapcici now, we eat this while we can eat it haha

The picture from cevapcici is the original form right there, baken bread with the meat called cevapcici with some onions. Hmm delicious..

maslenica.jpg

This is maslenica, it's actually just sort of bread but still different. You wouldn't say it's just bread  :P but this can be made for breakfast with eggs/ honey/ cream cheese etc etc. But mostly we eat it with honey or eggs.

buredici.jpg

What you see here now is called Kljukusa. This is very tasty as well. It's mixed with potato's+flour+meat on top and some other stuff what you can see on top and nothing more and the best pieces are around the corner there  :)

Ok enough of this, let's switch to deserts since there is loads of more bosnian food but I want to keep it short and interesting  :)

urmasice-by-badrubuldura-ebd50b39dc7f702

Hurmašice (speak the š as sh)

The only thing what I know about Hurmasice is that it's made with alot of sugar xD (I bet americans would like to eat this everyday) so yeah this is the number 1 diabetes desert in Bosnia hahah.

Next one is called cuvapci, a cake with cocos around and chocolate and some other things inside if I am right

P2230045.jpg

My self didn't eat this for years because I didn't went to Bosnia for 2/3 years now :/ (Finincial problems.. because of Netherland) but I still remember the taste of it. It's like when you put it in your mounth (when it's fresh made) it just MELTS in your mounth with 1000000 of other flavours, just incredible! with the chocolate around :dave:

Anyways that's it for Bosnia and now for Netherland! will keep this one very short.

Now some food that is only known in Netherland:

Frikandel:

shutterstock_78115525-O.jpg

Kroket:

kroketten.jpg

Fries special:

1208-20080408-tocht0603.jpg

Wiener Schnitzel!

"Wiener Schnitzel (Viennese Schnitzel in German, where Schnitzel means a cutlet without bones) is a traditional Austrian dish and is a popular part of Viennese and Austrian cuisine, consisting of a thin slice of veal coated in breadcrumbs and fried. In Austria the dish is traditionally served with a lemon slice, lingonberry jam and either potato salad or potatoes with parsley and butter. While the traditional Wiener Schnitzel is made of veal, it is now sometimes made of pork, though in that case it is often called Schnitzel Wiener Art (Germany) (Viennese style schnitzel) or Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein (Austria) (Viennese schnitzel from the pig) to differentiate it from the original. In Austria, the term Wiener Schnitzel is protected by law, and any schnitzel called by that name has to be made from veal.[1] The dish may have originated in Milan, northern Italy, as cotoletta alla milanese, and may have appeared in Vienna during the 15th or 16th century. According to another theory, it was introduced in 1857 by Field Marshal Radetzky, who spent much of his life in Milan. The term Wiener Schnitzel itself dates to at least 1862."

-Wikipedia

I usually just eat it with ketchup and fries  ^_^

fd4e3d3d21daddb97305aabfea8f9db0.png

97bf00b3a17e684de11df6c5d4b8144a.png

Wiener Schnitzel!

"Wiener Schnitzel (Viennese Schnitzel in German, where Schnitzel means a cutlet without bones) is a traditional Austrian dish and is a popular part of Viennese and Austrian cuisine, consisting of a thin slice of veal coated in breadcrumbs and fried. In Austria the dish is traditionally served with a lemon slice, lingonberry jam and either potato salad or potatoes with parsley and butter. While the traditional Wiener Schnitzel is made of veal, it is now sometimes made of pork, though in that case it is often called Schnitzel Wiener Art (Germany) (Viennese style schnitzel) or Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein (Austria) (Viennese schnitzel from the pig) to differentiate it from the original. In Austria, the term Wiener Schnitzel is protected by law, and any schnitzel called by that name has to be made from veal.[1] The dish may have originated in Milan, northern Italy, as cotoletta alla milanese, and may have appeared in Vienna during the 15th or 16th century. According to another theory, it was introduced in 1857 by Field Marshal Radetzky, who spent much of his life in Milan. The term Wiener Schnitzel itself dates to at least 1862."

fd4e3d3d21daddb97305aabfea8f9db0.png

97bf00b3a17e684de11df6c5d4b8144a.png

That looks like Fish N Chips? o.o

Wouldn't say it looks LIKE fish N Chips, just looks simillar and tastes much different

Can't believe that all of you britfags in here completely left out the gold and glory of England. The English Muffin.

The English muffin can be served in many different ways and is a legend across the whole land C:

Here is an English muffin, cut in half, toasted, then buttered.

toasted-english-muffin-15505876.jpg

OR OR OR, here is a bacon muffin! 

stock-photo-bacon-muffin-55000717.jpg

@BosnianArmy That evapcici looks quite nice :P 

And those coconut things, they are so good, I've had them. They're called lamingtons and apparently they originate from Australia/New Zealand :o

Anyway, since Bosnian asked, the crisp sandwich:
1421075332-worlds-first-crisp-sandwich-c

It's great because of the crispy and crunch from the crisps (or chips). I don't have them that much because if you eat it quick huge bits of crisp goes down your throat and scrapes it and also, it's very messy- specially when you overload it with your favourite crisps.

Oh and since I'm talking about sandwiches, fish finger sandwiches:

fish-finger-sandwich-with-white-bread-an

these are one of my favourite sandwiches, filling and delicious!

p.s troll, I've honestly never had a bread muffin, only the more delicious chocolate cake muffins. from mcdonalds

Ireland has many different cultural meals/foods but I'll only mention the two main one's that 99% of people eat here

Bacon and Cabbage, Not Irish separately but when together it's a popular Irish dinner

traditional-bacon-and-cabbage-with-musta

Black and white pudding, made of pork meat and fat, suet, bread and oatmeal formed into a large sausage.

800px-Irish_black_and_white_pudding_slic

Sounds Awful, but tastes great xD

"Black and white pudding, made of pork meat and fat, suet, bread and oatmeal formed into a large sausage."

You mean Sudzuk lol

bosanski-sudzuk-bralovic.jpg

Uhm Kinda :P That's more of a mid european one

The Irish one is more like this

279776011_1_640x640.jpg

Also, I hate the taste of any of the mid european ones xD

Because too strong the european ones? :P (btw the original sudzuk where you can find is in Bosnia or Turkey or any other balkan country)

Yeah, The taste is way too strong for me :P ahh, I've only had the polish and german types which were both really spicy/strong.

Well, I am from a lot of places being a mix of a lot of things like German,Russian,Polish,Italian,American so I will post of what I eat that my grandparents make. My parents are too American and never make the foods my ancestors had and I prefer that food over American lol.

Russian: I am mostly Russian than anything else since my father was born in Moscow so my grandparents on my dad's side makes a lot of Russian food that I enjoy. Here are the Russian foods that I have ate before.

Pelmeni:

This is a really good dish that I enjoy a lot. It's served with sour cream and Red wine vinegar. It's like dumplings filled with meat but taste different.

Picture: L0aOTYp.jpg

Borscht:

This is a very good soup IMO. It's good with sour cream.

Picture: S4UP8jy.jpg

Caviar:

Pretty sure it didn't originate from Russia but a lot of Russians eat it and it's very good. There are many kinds of caviar and some get really expensive. It's fish eggs.

Picture: 7fvlMe4.jpg

There are more Russian dished that I have but I cant remember them. 

German: German is on my moms side and I usually get served German food when there's a special occasion like birthdays,etc.

Bratwurst:

Bratwurst is like a sausage and it taste very good. I enjoy it very much. It's also very good with sauerkraut.

Picture: lnLOG6c.jpg

German Rouladen:

This is meat rolled in bacon, onions, and pickles. It's very delicious.

Picture: vbfiBPr.jpg

Sauerkraut:

Sauerkraut, directly translated: "sour cabbage", is finely cut cabbage that has been fermented by various lactic acid bacteria, including Leuconostoc, Lactobacillus, and Pediococcus. Took from Wikipedia cause lazy.

Picture: N0HOr2K.jpg

Polish: Polish is on my moms side as well and I do quite enjoy polish food.

Kiełbasa:

Kiełbasa is a type of Eastern European sausage, which is also called Polish sausage.

Picture: yIiASux.jpg

Pierogi:

Pierogi are dumplings of unleavened dough – first boiled, at which point they can be served with melted butter or various toppings, or then fried with onions – traditionally stuffed with potato filling, sauerkraut, ground meat, cheese, or fruit.

Picture: D9igzHS.jpg

Italian: Can't remember anything else that I ate other than pasta and pizza from Italy.

Will post more if I remember any other food that I've had.

BEWANIE WEENIES! 

191lt.jpg    BEWANIE WEENIES! 

BEWANIE WEENIES! 

I LOVE BEANIE WEENIES

29bfrld.jpg

Just some beans with sausage inside, nothing special. Every country eats like that lol.

Just some beans with sausage inside, nothing special. Every country eats like that lol.

So every country cooks it the same, seasons it the same, serves it the same, and eats it exactly like all other countries? :P