NeXus .

weapons/mp/wtf

8 posts in this topic

Yeah so when i add a new custom model it does not use the weapon file or something even if i replace weapon file with a stock name which is configured for specific assets/rawfiles etc. it still load stock example? You would expect even with other raw files missing that it wouldn't load a stock weapon on weapon file which was configure for non stock other martial etc. so what the fuck is happening, it's not like i am stupid as i have made countless scripts for my mod and all work fine, even have a few hud elements i did myself working. It worked before i had a fresh reinstall of windows meaning cod as well. 

Okay so since nobody posts, let me give it a try. But first I will need some screenshots from build and ingame (with developer 2!)

I can't get it working on a fresh copy of the source so i don't believe it's my sources as i try with orignal from BraXi, its worked before and i know how to.

1. download custom model

2. install it to mods/deathrun_dev directory

3. add lines to mod.csv

4. check the weapons/mp file for weapon name

5. go ingame do /devmap map then /give weaponname_mp

It's really confusing as it's worked before.

The .iwd file size as well as the mod.ff is larger as you would expect after compiling. and all the files are their which means the .iwi files as well as the mod.ff scripts and stuff. And it's all precached but i don't think that matters with /give weaponname_mp.

I think it must be some messed up with the stock version of cod4 that i must of fucked up some how or a new bug in 1.7x client.

I can't get it working on a fresh copy of the source so i don't believe it's my sources as i try with orignal from BraXi, its worked before and i know how to.

1. download custom model

2. install it to mods/deathrun_dev directory

3. add lines to mod.csv

4. check the weapons/mp file for weapon name

5. go ingame do /devmap map then /give weaponname_mp

It's really confusing as it's worked before.

The .iwd file size as well as the mod.ff is larger as you would expect after compiling. and all the files are their which means the .iwi files as well as the mod.ff scripts and stuff. And it's all precached but i don't think that matters with /give weaponname_mp.

I think it must be some messed up with the stock version of cod4 that i must of fucked up some how or a new bug in 1.7x client.

If I would get a penny for everybody saying that they are doing it properly (including myself ;P) I would be a very rich man by now. And if you use the 'custom' client than you are noob.(Pardon my usage of this though.) Never use custom stuff when developing a mod or map!

P.s. adding weapons still works just fine with @ his mod, currently helping him  adding weapons so... YouTube

Aha you should go into ui_mp/dr_common and copy the sprays one and make a new one at the where ever changing it to WEAPON_TABLE is stead of SPRAYS_TABEL of which you copied delete orignal weapon one and use this as it will help with more space, you will need to configure

ui_mp/scriptmenu/Charater_Stuff and probs you Photshop for new approite icons for each weapon.

And yeah, techniqually i am not a noob as i now whats getting effect and i got it working with stock cod4 and modtools.

My Fix

1. [optional] i recommend a fresh copy of CoD4 Multiplayer stock files https://thepiratebay.am/torrent/4821872/Call_Of_Duty_4_%5BMul this won't be used as your primary CoD4 where you play your games to make sure nothing gets corrupted in that sense.

2. Download Mod tools http://www.moddb.com/games/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare/downloads/mod-tools-sdk

3. done it should work

Aha you should go into ui_mp/dr_common and copy the sprays one and make a new one at the where ever changing it to WEAPON_TABLE is stead of SPRAYS_TABEL of which you copied delete orignal weapon one and use this as it will help with more space, you will need to configure

ui_mp/scriptmenu/Charater_Stuff and probs you Photshop for new approite icons for each weapon.

First your original question was why it couldn't load a custom weapon, even when using a stock weapon's name; no? Second this is quite unrelated to your question, essentially the only thing you did here is replace the button with a single image (which you also decreased the height of, if understood correctly.)

And yeah, techniqually i am not a noob as i now whats getting effect and i got it working with stock cod4 and modtools.

Than again I said you're a noob if you develop using a custom executable that has higher limits, etc. that effectively kills off potential users with unknown sideeffects. (Which may very well be memory bugs!) Plus Copy & Paste, effects... well...

My Fix

1. [optional] i recommend a fresh copy of CoD4 Multiplayer stock files **deleted** this won't be used as your primary CoD4 where you play your games to make sure nothing gets corrupted in that sense.

2. Download Mod tools http://www.moddb.com/games/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare/downloads/mod-tools-sdk

3. done it should work

Only thing you need to keep clear is the 'raw' directory. Aka download the mod tools *.zip file and do not delete it, this way you will always be able to restore the original after building a mod. (Unless you're a noob and overwrite original CoD .FF files.) I highly recommend to keep it clear as I see it more and more where people have corrupted files due to mod and map compilations.

Thank you for sharing your fix though.

P.s. next time edit your post and put everything into a single post please.

P.s. is it even allowed to advertise illegal downloads.

P.s. also install v1.1 of the mod tools please!