Pixel

Annoying Reflections Compiling Problem

6 posts in this topic

I've never had this problem before, but when I compile reflections on my map, it uses a codjumper mod. Last night, I moved all CJ mods to a folder on my desktop, and the custom line is a DR mod. Is there some other setting which determines which mod is used? 

Here's some things you may find useful:

Command Line: 

+set fs_game mods/phelixdeathrun +set g_gametype deathrun +set developer 1 +set r_fullscreen 0

Compile Reflections File Contents: 

@ECHO OFF

set treepath=%~1
set mapname=%2
set mpmap=%3

cd %treepath%
if "%mpmap%" == "1" (
mp_tool.exe +set r_fullscreen 0 +set loc_warnings 0 +set +set developer 1 +set logfile 2 +set thereisacow 1337 +set sv_pure 0 +set com_introplayed 1 +set useFastFile 0 +set ui_autoContinue 1 +set r_reflectionProbeGenerateExit 1+set com_hunkMegs 512 +set r_reflectionProbeRegenerateAll 1 +set r_dof_enable 0 +set r_zFeather 1 +set sys_smp_allowed 0 +set r_reflectionProbeGenerate 1 +devmap %mapname%
) else (
sp_tool.exe +set r_fullscreen 0 +set loc_warnings 0 +set +set developer 1 +set logfile 2 +set thereisacow 1337 +set com_introplayed 1 +set useFastFile 0 +set ui_autoContinue 1 +set r_reflectionProbeGenerateExit 1+set com_hunkMegs 512 +set r_reflectionProbeRegenerateAll 1 +set r_dof_enable 0 +set r_zFeather 1 +set sys_smp_allowed 0 +set r_reflectionProbeGenerate 1 +devmap %mapname%
)

cls

The reason it's a problem is because I am getting this error, so i need to load the DR mod:

E3I4aC2.png

Scripts run fine, BSP runs fine, running the map (step 5) is fine too. I'm lost for ideas now, thanks for any help.

I'm completely newbie in scripting, but I'll ask.
Is it fine, I mean, these things probably must be the same, but it says =%~1 and other two say =%1 is it fine?

set treepath=%~1
set mapname=%2
set mpmap=%3

1. Put all the mod files into you mod directory.

2. Remove the raw directory (used for compilations of reflections) and extract the original (from the modtools v1 zip)

3. Remove scripts during compilation, with this I mean the code not the actual files.

4. Compile!

5. Add the scripts back.

6. Build your FF and IWD files.

When reading this you should be done  :rolleyes:

P.s. I hope you do not use

+set fs_game mods/phelixdeathrun +set g_gametype deathrun +set developer 1 +set r_fullscree

during compile...

Edit: main problems are: 1. there are files in the raw directory which are not the original CoD4 files, 2. you use scripts which can not run during compile.

Do you have the scripts for that mod that you are using if you are you can't use it since the server that runs the mod probably have it server sided rather than the mod itself ex. mod.ff

Sorry I haven't replied, I have been occupied with other things...

Thanks for the help guys

@@Sentrex didn't work, I got some other error

It's look like I am going to need to spend time backing up cod4 and modtools files because my cod4 is pretty much broken, so I'm going to give it a fresh re-install soon. 

Appreciate the help