Wraith

Moving Skin

18 posts in this topic

Yes, Just as the name suggests i am here to find help on how i can make a moving skin for custom weapons. I did some browsing over the internet trying to find anything, but whatever tutorials there were for this were either removed or made private. and i did figure out about the texture scrolling and sub-layer scrolling although i did not find out how i can do those using Asset Manager.

tick the box that says 2D texture scroll in asset manager

tick the box that says 2D texture scroll in asset manager

ye ye, i found out from a friend, i need to rewrite material, and material_property files for my weapon 

although i have no idea how to do that, -.-. and i need to do it for deserteagle and mw2 deagle

P.S. Why did I take this job

ye ye, i found out from a friend, i need to rewrite material, and material_property files for my weapon 

although i have no idea how to do that, -.-. and i need to do it for deserteagle and mw2 deagle

P.S. Why did I take this job

No, you really don't...

Create a new model phong, and then scroll down, there is a box in asset manager called Texture Scroll

well u see i have never done anything with asset manager, so can u come down to my level and explain it. since i dnt get ur abreviations

well u see i have never done anything with asset manager, so can u come down to my level and explain it. since i dnt get ur abreviations

Well, you see [member=jeffskye] actually linked a helpful tutorial detailing every step but for some reason it would seem like you didn't even click it.

well i just saw it

I followed the instructions, but i couldn't seem to find the file i made with asset manager where he said it would be

well i just saw it

I followed the instructions, but i couldn't seem to find the file i made with asset manager where he said it would be

Did you get any errors when you compiled the the texture (or pressed F10)?

Edit: never mind, I'm nub :dumb:

checkbox( texScroll )
[
    exec
    {
        visible( materialType == "model phong" && blendFunc != "Add" )
        righttext()
        height( 15 )
        label( "Texture Scroll" )
    }
]

yes

Warning

The GDT file is read only. The change cannot be converted.

that's because you need to save the gdt file under a different name, just go to 'save as' on assetmanager

oh...

i am still not able to do :/

Maybe you should get more familiar with Asset Manager and making weapons before you do this..

Maybe you should get more familiar with Asset Manager and making weapons before you do this..

oh u dnt say :udontsay:

anyway Scillman helped me over Teamviewer, thank you everyone

P.S. can be marked and closed as solved