Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wraith

levels

9 posts in this topic

i wanted to add more stuff to my mod but i realised that it was way too much for 70 levels, so i want to know how i can add more levels. can anyone tell me or post a link to where i can find a tutorial on how to add more levels.

download mod tools it has example of levels in there

You talk about making custom levels appear in map list in menu?

No, he means ranks e.g lvl 1-55

ye,

btw what is bspName?
and do i have to make a iwi file for that level before actually making the material files

ye,

btw what is bspName?

and do i have to make a iwi file for that level before actually making the material files

bsp files have nothing to do with this, and when creating new materials, you dont make the .iwi file yourself :dave:

how about learn the basic stuff first? :kingdave:

i meant do i have to make the targa(.tga) files for the asset manager to make iwi files?

i meant do i have to make the targa(.tga) files for the asset manager to make iwi files?

yes, you need an image file (.dds, .tga or .jpg(?)) in order to make an .iwi file

for rank icons (and other 2d materials):

asset manager -> material -> new entry -> name it -> set material type to 2d -> click the ... button next to color map -> select your image -> select appropriate blendfunc -> save the .gdt file (asset manager file) -> hit f10 -> go to cod4\raw\images to find the converted .iwi

also, if you are using .tga files, in photoshop:

save as 24-bit if the image has no alpha channel

save as 32-bit if the image has alpha channel (usually hud icons, rank icons etc)