Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thomas

How it was like being a community manager

10 posts in this topic

If anyone had that expectation than I dont think they should be allowed to be in a position to control.

@@Thomas after getting used and abused for b3 you finally reached that reality of darkness :troll:

rip

and for me it was like "omg you're so awesome i love you, you made the best mod!!!!" two days later "hey can u help me"

me - "No"

them "omg go fuck yourself no wonder everyone hates you, i hope you die to cancer. I can't wait till allah kills you so i can laugh about it, you virgin freak" and more insults that i cba to fit into one sentence.

then next day "hey can u help me" and process repeats until I block/delete them

and for me it was like "omg you're so awesome i love you, you made the best mod!!!!" two days later "hey can u help me"

me - "No"

them "omg go fuck yourself no wonder everyone hates you, i hope you die to cancer. I can't wait till allah kills you so i can laugh about it, you virgin freak" and more insults that i cba to fit into one sentence.

then next day "hey can u help me" and process repeats until I block/delete them

"Hey guys, I unboxed my second knife!"

"Fuck your luck, I hate you so much"

"I was actually thinking of giving it to you... but oh well"

"Really? Aww, thanks man I'd love that :) "

" :dumb: "

back in the day when i made my first mod, i was so helpful to people and happy that they're playing my mods. been happily helping others whenever they asked me for modding releated stuff but number of questions started overwhelming me after some time noobs started to ask me "how to do mods, what programs to use, how do i script this and that, can you code that for me" and it's been never ending story. then i decided to trust a few people and giving them my yet unreleased mods and what i earned for that was a changed credit line and my mod (read: *their own as they keept saying*) running on their own servers.

cod community is so toxic... never seen anything like this before when i was modding other games like doom3, hl2 or quake, the atmosphere in these communities is very positive and each modder respected others and their work...completly opposite to whats happening in cod scene

tl;dr version:

what lossy said in previous post, this is all shit that's always been going in cod community:

• if you keep anwsering to questions then people are going to expect [after some time] that you'll instead make it for them
  • .... they will keep asking you for more and more often
  • if you don't anwser or tell them to read tutorials you'll be called a cunt
  • if you share a mod with someone, you can expect your mod to be rebranded