Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sam.

Any way of finding a CoD4 key?

7 posts in this topic

Hi..

A couple of weeks ago I had to reinstall CoD4. I have done this a few times before for different reasons so I didn't think I would this time, but it turns out it gave me no key.

So the first thing I did was google it. The only thing I could really find is that it should show you your key somewhere in the registry, I did this but when I realised it wasn't my key. This key that was there was a cracked key, and mine was not.

After that I tried reinstalling the game again a couple of times but no change.

I thought before I went and bought the game again I'd just ask here to see if anyone knew a way of recovering keys. If needed I still have a full backup of my CoD4 folder from before, and whatever there is in the registry too (I have no idea if this changes with reinstalling or not?).

Thanks for any help :)

CD key is stored in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Activision\Call of Duty 4\codkey so if you have an export of what was in the registry like you said, you can just use the value from that key.

Press Your "windows Key + R" and then a "Run" application should pop up. Type in "regedit.exe" and then click Enter.

Click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" then "SOFTWARE" then "Wow6432Node" then "Activision" then Call of Duty 4"

After Find your codkey tab and then look two sections right of that and it will have you Cod Key :P

you both dont read. he already said that was a cracked key. you have lost your key mostlikely now.

You should of Backed up your proper CD before Re-Installing Cod4, I'm not sure If I can help you.

Think still have some unused money on steam

If you happen to use it, add cod4anti

Not sure when I'll be able to get on, but will try and see what I can do

Or, you can buy cheap legit copies of cod4 off a few sites

Yeah I didn't have a back up of the registry, never really thought that I'd need it..

Think still have some unused money on steam

If you happen to use it, add cod4anti

Not sure when I'll be able to get on, but will try and see what I can do

Or, you can buy cheap legit copies of cod4 off a few sites

Wow. Thank you for your offer, but I can't accept it. The moneys yours - so the money is for you to spend, not me :)

Anyway CoD4 is still £20 on steam, but on sites like g2a it's about £8 for a steam key, so would be a better option to buy it from there I think.

Will probably buy it tomorrow.

Thanks for your guys help, thought it was at least worth a try before going out and buying it again but seems like the only way. And thank you again @Anti - it's actually mad that someone (who I don't even know, never even spoken to) has offered me their own money over the internet...

I guess any admin can close this topic now :)

I added you on steam anyway Anti  :P