iMtroll

Admin Applications are open once more!

47 posts in this topic

I'm aware of how punkbuster works but you don't need a cheat to block screen shots(you can change one setting in ur graphics, go window mode etc...) which does not require a cheat... but it's more because punkbuster is no longer supported which means new players cannot directly update their PB to correct version and end up getting booted from the server with raid ending up with a less population on the server.

Also b3 can ban players by IP as well but banning players by IP is not the best solution since so many people share the same IP (specially IPV4, actually america has ran out of unique IPV4's this month). The banning system isn't b3 fault, it's due to CoD4 being outdated, you have to remember the game did come out like 7 years ago.

I'm aware of how punkbuster works but you don't need a cheat to block screen shots(you can change one setting in ur graphics, go window mode etc...) which does not require a cheat... but it's more because punkbuster is no longer supported which means new players cannot directly update their PB to correct version and end up getting booted from the server with raid ending up with a less population on the server.

Also b3 can ban players by IP as well but banning players by IP is not the best solution since so many people share the same IP (specially IPV4, actually america has ran out of unique IPV4's this month). The banning system isn't b3 fault, it's due to CoD4 being outdated, you have to remember the game did come out like 7 years ago.

share the same port , not all the same IP ,  if you ban by ip with b3, you ought to do, then the cheats dont laugh of you, because if you take a cheat and this cheat enter again in server with another name there are go back record for ban, is a waste of time , and he laughs at you, every time you want. If you want me to help as admin, you will have to explain well how it works , never use b3, I can not use by rcon not ?

by the way, you do not know the amount of cheats noobs using hack, passing unnoticed , but hey, I honestly in your server I do not need record or take photo, are evident all who enter , when they are really hard detect, is when the cheat , move very well, but your in your server , 90% are noobs they dont know move and they follow the wall blatantly

share the same port , not all the same IP ,  if you ban by ip with b3, you ought to do, then the cheats dont laugh of you, because if you take a cheat and this cheat enter again in server with another name there are go back record for ban, is a waste of time , and he laughs at you, every time you want. If you want me to help as admin, you will have to explain well how it works , never use b3, I can not use by rcon not ?

by the way, you do not know the amount of cheats noobs using hack, passing unnoticed , but hey, I honestly in your server I do not need record or take photo, are evident all who enter , when they are really hard detect, is when the cheat , move very well, but your in your server , 90% are noobs they dont know move and they follow the wall blatantly

If you ban someone's IP and they have an IP that changes every day (dynamic IP, most UK and EU residents have this), then eventually someone with the same IP that is banned is going to join and wonder why they are banned.

Also, if we only ban people by their IP then they can use a VPN or a proxy to regain access to our server ^^. 

B3 is a tool that we use which uses RCON to let our admins use the commands, RCON is just the server management "settings" or "commands" if you will. The only thing B3 does it allow us to choose who gets to use what commands, without giving them full power.

He says B3 is bad, but if you really knew B3. You should know that it works THROUGH rcon. B3 is like Troll set a tool that makes you able to create groups and limit the amount of rcon access...

MaM is terrible and so not user friendly compared to b3. Anyway punkbuster works like B3 only difference is that everyone has the software on their pc as well that scans through your files to detect "cheats". Also punkbuster is one of the worse Anti-cheats out there compared to VAC/Battle-eye. but its admin commands is like b3 only difference is you have to actually remember them all since you enter them via console.

@@Ep3 ports and ip aren't the same, everyone gets an IP, a lot of people share the same IP (for IPV4 not IPV6) because there isn't unlimited amount of ip's, there like 4 billion IPv4's address  out there with almost billion being private ip's compared to 7 billion on this planet and each country get's X amount of ip's. You can find the amount of ip's each country has around the world and how many are used per 1000 people here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_IPv4_address_allocation (the stats are a bit out dated but it should give a good view of how many people share the same ip around the world and it's a lot). So ip ban is not the solution and as troll already said, it's really easy to get hold of a proxy/vpn or just restart your router.

tl;dr b3 is rcon but with power permissions and punkbuster is so fucking shit to use specially because it's no longer updated and hasn't been for over a year now and ip banning everyone will make you ban innocent people.

Back on topic!

Good luck to all the people that apply, hope you all achieve admins :')

As long as you don't turn into me, you should be okay :D

you should probably bold the north part whilst you're at it :troll:

better?  ;)

-10 days of your account being created "

Does this mean you have to have 10 days online time on the forums or your account just have to be at least 10 days old?

-10 days of your account being created "

Does this mean you have to have 10 days online time on the forums or your account just have to be at least 10 days old?

10 days old

MaM is terrible and so not user friendly compared to b3. Anyway punkbuster works like B3 only difference is that everyone has the software on their pc as well that scans through your files to detect "cheats". Also punkbuster is one of the worse Anti-cheats out there compared to VAC/Battle-eye. but its admin commands is like b3 only difference is you have to actually remember them all since you enter them via console.

@@Ep3 ports and ip aren't the same, everyone gets an IP, a lot of people share the same IP (for IPV4 not IPV6) because there isn't unlimited amount of ip's, there like 4 billion IPv4's address  out there with almost billion being private ip's compared to 7 billion on this planet and each country get's X amount of ip's. You can find the amount of ip's each country has around the world and how many are used per 1000 people here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_IPv4_address_allocation (the stats are a bit out dated but it should give a good view of how many people share the same ip around the world and it's a lot). So ip ban is not the solution and as troll already said, it's really easy to get hold of a proxy/vpn or just restart your router.

tl;dr b3 is rcon but with power permissions and punkbuster is so fucking shit to use specially because it's no longer updated and hasn't been for over a year now and ip banning everyone will make you ban innocent people.

I know all this I just said that , if done over IP , as I did on my server , it takes longer to return , the key just changing , if you have to change key and restart the router to change ip , he bored to spend more time changing all that was playing

The server already temp bans ip address anyway after they get banned from what i can remember anyway.

lossy ill show you intelligence

apply man, triple dog dare youi

ha now you have to do it