SPi

Need IDEAS. Out of ideas for a sequence in my mission.

9 posts in this topic

Well, turns out, I'm a little bit out of ideas for a sequence in one of my missions.

Anyone want to discuss it and offer some new ideas about it?

Well here's the thing. The player and his friends are witnessing a chopper chase from on top of some rooftops and then the hostile chopper comes back and faces them. Then the chopper fires a few rockets on the player and his friends.

My ideas are the following.

Case 1: The player has 2 seconds to move away with his allies, who move either way to a safer position, but the safer position is in a lower alley so jumping down a  200 unit floor is not very innovative, isn't it?

Case 2: Somehow, when the chopper starts firing, the player will fly way from rocket explosions and eventually land on the designated location.

This would be cool to do, but i don't know either animating or how to do it with script.

So what I ask for here is to tell me if those ideas could do or offer some other ones since you have a basic idea of how the sequence will be.

ΧD

It's like my video.

If the Villain dies in the prequel mission no Rooftops will happen XD

Like saying that Price and MacMillan killed Zakhaev in CoD4 so no CoD4 XD

Case 2: Somehow, when the chopper starts firing, the player will fly way from rocket explosions and eventually land on the designated location.

If I shot a rocket at you in real life, you wouldn't be shot up to the air, you'd be exploded and you would die.

Case 1.

If I shot a rocket at you in real life, you wouldn't be shot up to the air, you'd be exploded and you would die.

Case 1.

It's not directly AT YOU it's around the player. Like my Demo 3 Ending.  Also its a game not real life :troll: even in movies they do it :D

It's not directly AT YOU it's around the player.

Awesome, so maybe just have it blow their legs off instead?

but the safer position is in a lower alley so jumping down a 200 unit floor

Seems like they're (the player and allies) already on one of the roofs/buildings

If possible, you could have it where the roof "collapses" and the players falls onto the floor below, stunned and damaged

The helicopter could just move adjacent to the player as he/she goes down floors, shooting at them through the windows/less dense portions of the wall, until the helicopter is no longer available to lower its height

They then proceed safety into the ally and continue on to the next section

Not sure how exactly tall your buildings will be for this to work, but eh

Or, you could do this:

:P

Also, this is coding/mapping help, perhaps just ideas specifically merit it going into an alternative section