Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BosnianArmy

Those who use Popcorn Time

39 posts in this topic

Guys,

This week I've read something about Popcorn Time in the news articles and that is you will pay forfeit if you keep using it. The company named "Brein" is a dutch company I believe. They will do everything what's illegal like downloading or downloading from streams etc to cancel it and to make it even more better they will send forfeits to those who still use the program what's very known to Brein, they will try to track ur IP and even read ur HDD I believe to make sure you're using Popcorn Time...

Brein: http://www.anti-piracy.nl/english.php

Someone already paid the bill in Germany, a kid was watching a serie and had to pay very soon €1090,-  (1,216.63 USD) this one was from the new article of today and someone in Denmark had to pay about €3000,- (3,348.93 USD). 

So if I were you I would remove it and try something else out that's not known yet, if you want to delete it good then delete the program it self, delete ALL Popcorn Time files from %APPDATA% path and from regedit (Registery) the Popcorn Time files.

I hope I informed enough to you.

-BosnianArmy

This won't stop me at all.

BREIN itself won’t sue users of the illegal movie streaming service, the organisation mainly targets large providers of illegal content. It will be the copyright holders such as movie studios who will go after individual Popcorn Time users. It would be first time in the Netherlands, so far no users have ever been fined for illegal downloading or streaming movies.

Proof of this bill being charged to german kid?

this, plus you could just use a proxy bish bash bosh.

Dafuq is Popcorn Time? Just use torrents you nubs... I get mine untracable

1. VPN.
  2. EU privacy laws.
  3. Barely any countries actually give a crap. No one gives a shit about copyright infringing torrents in Belgium, for example, they even quit trying to take down TPB proxies cause they realised it was a hopeless case.

Dafuq is Popcorn Time? Just use torrents you nubs... I get mine untracable

Popcorn Time uses torrents. :dumb: Also, nothing is untraceable. Using a VPN usually only gets other countries' laws and organisations involved, VPNs still log all your activity, someone has to provide them their network.

1. Proxy.
  2. EU privacy laws.
  3. Barely any countries actually give a crap. No one gives a shit about copyright infringing torrents in Belgium, for example, they even quit trying to take down TPB proxies cause they realised it was a hopeless case.

Popcorn Time uses torrents. :dumb: Also, nothing is untraceable.

For number 2, I bet they got permissions to do that, to do their job.

For number 2, I bet they got permissions to do that, to do their job.

Only law firms are allowed access to sensitive data and only under certain circumstances. An ISP should never hand out data that can personally identify someone for something as stupid as torrenting.

1. VPN.
  2. EU privacy laws.

Popcorn Time uses torrents. :dumb: Also, nothing is untraceable. Using a VPN usually only gets other countries' laws and organisations involved, VPNs still log all your activity, someone has to provide them their network.

Ewww VPNs suck... who said i use vpns?

Then have fun paying the large bill if you get caught.

then use a vpn/proxy...

@ depends what vpns you go with, if it's free you're the product. But there a lot of good vpns out there that won't log your information if you pay them.

@@Loki thats the most stupidest comment ever, free vpns suck, paid ones don't.

I forgot most of my info when i researched but even with paid vpns your isp can still see your activity if theres  dns leak and most people dont even check for that

then use a vpn/proxy...

@ depends what vpns you go with, if it's free you're the product. But there a lot of good vpns out there that won't log your information if you pay them.

@@Loki thats the most stupidest comment ever, free vpns suck, paid ones don't.

I really don't know.. these days they can track you very easily with tricks and shit. I will see the next few months how it's going with popcorn time, at least I don't want to take the risc of it.

I forgot most of my info when i researched but even with paid vpns your isp can still see your activity if theres  dns leak and most people dont even check for that

Ofcourse your isp is going to be able to see what you're doing, but how are people going to know what isp your with if a vpn is the middle man?

I really don't know.. these days they can track you very easily with tricks and shit. I will see the next few months how it's going with popcorn time, at least I don't want to take the risc of it.

Goverments aren't going to waste resources just to give some one like you a small fine, they'd lose a lot of money just to hunt you down and give you a slap on the wrist unless you live in some fucked up country.

Anyway, if you guys are really that worried go and use tor.

But honestly, companys aren't going to hunt you, they're only going to hunt people that are uploading it or hosting it, so if your downloading it you have nothing to worry about, even your isp won't give a shit unless they're getting forced by your goverment or bribed :P

Also if you think "popcorn time" is giving out information to these film companys, you should probably move to a better torrent.

P.S if the app is getting information from "appdata" or the registery you should probably treat that shit as malware yo

I personally use https://vpn.ht/en (the built in in popcorn time) It's fast, secure and plenty of servers to choose from.

If you have a better VPN service, I'd love to hear.

Torrenting isn't illegal in most cases, it's seeding that is. And popcorn time does seed. But it's all solely based on your ISP.

Torrenting isn't illegal in most cases, it's seeding that is. And popcorn time does seed. But it's all solely based on your ISP.

Let me ask you first: What is a torrent in first place

Because torrenting is illegal in all cases if it harms the software/video's etc that is copyrighted by a other company. A torrent is in general a pirate package through a peer to peer network.

So that means at least 90% it's illegal because at least 90% of torrenting is downloading illegal software or movies etc.

If you think even close to 90% of torrents are illegal, you're badly mistaken. Torrents are just a way of distributing data without having to have it stored on a server somewhere and is used by millions of companies for free, open source or even commercial products.

If you think even close to 90% of torrents are illegal, you're badly mistaken. Torrents are just a way of distributing data without having to have it stored on a server somewhere and is used by millions of companies for free, open source or even commercial products.

Torrents on the internet are mostly being used for pirating and not for commercial products, open sources etc. It's mostly pirated torrents.

Torrents on the internet are mostly being used for pirating and not for commercial products, open sources etc. It's mostly pirated torrents.

You're wrong. Torrenting, as an ideology, is a wonderful concept and works wonderfully in practice.

The people who are making paidware into freeware see themselves as doing the public a favor. There are many ways to make it so that average users and people cannot crack your product. But companies would rather save money.

Piracy hurts the industry, yes, but if companies were smarter they would use a better and more achievable model.