Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BosnianArmy

Those who use Popcorn Time

39 posts in this topic

You're wrong. Torrenting, as an ideology, is a wonderful concept and works wonderfully in practice.

The people who are making paidware into freeware see themselves as doing the public a favor. There are many ways to make it so that average users and people cannot crack your product. But companies would rather save money.

Piracy hurts the industry, yes, but if companies were smarter they would use a better and more achievable model.

If you think in a good way yes... if Imagine and you think like that then of course torrenting isn't illegal then. But loads of people use torrents as piracy to download a copyrighted movie or a game or a software that costs like 600 euro like Sony Vegas or Photoshop. That's why I'm saying it has a high percentage of the illegal amount.

Torrents on the internet

oh i didnt know you get your torrents from a local supermarket :dumb:

dunno why we're talking about whether or not it's illegal when not all country's have the same laws. e.g in the UK torrenting itself isn't illegal until you download copyrighted material stuff that you never paid for at all and in some europe countries, if you download copyright stuff you can easily say your using it for personal use and you'll be fine.

anyway bosnian your from netherlands, i looked up the laws and you're allowed to download copyrighted stuff for personal use, but you're not allowed to upload it so if you don't want to get into shit, make sure you don't seed torrent downloads and if you do use a vpn. kthxbai

and i looked up about germany stuff and it's illegal to download copyrighted stuff like movies, games etc... but they normally send you a warning via the letter but i could be wrong soooooooo....... and not sure about denmark. could you link these articles about them two people being finned for that much?

For the Danish people, it was 2.200 krons not about 3000 euro. My mom told me about 3000 euro but it was about 3000 krons xD

Anyways:

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/kultur/filmdistributoer-kraever-erstatning-fra-danske-popcorn-time-brugere this is in Danish language

http://www.nu.nl/internet/4133450/deense-popcorn-time-gebruikers-moeten-schadevergoeding-betalen.html This is in Dutch language

And for Downloading in the Netherlands is forbidden since 2014, so it's just fresh the new rule.

For the Danish people, it was 2.200 krons not about 3000 euro. My mom told me about 3000 euro but it was about 3000 krons xD

Anyways:

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/kultur/filmdistributoer-kraever-erstatning-fra-danske-popcorn-time-brugere this is in Danish language

http://www.nu.nl/internet/4133450/deense-popcorn-time-gebruikers-moeten-schadevergoeding-betalen.html This is in Dutch language

And for Downloading in the Netherlands is forbidden since 2014, so it's just fresh the new rule.

fQSdiaO.png

:kingdave:

So they're sending letters to people based on their ip address? lmao, you'd easily win in court.

delete ALL files from %APPDATA% path and from regedit (Registery).

.. and have fun reinstalling windows #BosnianTellingCrapAgain :dave:

How that "anti-piracy" bussiness works:

• Some law company finds random IPs
  • Then they make a case on court acusing owners of these IP adresses of piracy/copyright infrigment, but due to lack of evidence it gets dismissed
  • That company asks court for documentations from dismissed case to get your personal information (name, surname, address, etc)
  • They send you a letter with bill to pay, which is NOT legally binding

1.If you're stupid you'll pay the bill and thus admit that you've pirated software/movie/music/etc, it will NOT protect you from legal actions against you, now publishers/authors can sue you.

2. You ignore the letter and bill and be happy

.. and have fun reinstalling windows #BosnianTellingCrapAgain :dave:

#BraXi is being crap yes, and now stop making fun of me.

Anyways, yes I should have been more clear about that right there since most people think litteraly to delete all files from %APPDATA% en Registery but no I ment delete all files from Popcorn Time, I hope this clears all.

inb4 all users get subpoena'd lol joke, that wouldn't happen.

Governments have been fighting piracy for a long time, they only post that one article about one kid getting a fine, and how many people are illegally downloading in the world? Loads... the government will never win the fight against piracy, it's gone too far now. If they really wanted to, you would see various reports on it. 

You should also look into deleting your metadata if you're really concerned and proceed to use a logless VPN. You will have to pay, there will be no free logless VPNs that keep their word. I personally pay around $20 per month for one, it has good reviews, message me if you want the link.

BraXi pretty much nailed it too 

I personally use https://vpn.ht/en (the built in in popcorn time) It's fast, secure and plenty of servers to choose from.

If you have a better VPN service, I'd love to hear.

I personally use VyprVPN, it's great and is the best I've ever used.

And Bosnian, ples stop talking rn it kills me that you're so ignorant :cry:

IF YOU REALLY WANT SOMETHING BUY IT. IF YOU WANT IT FOR FREE BUY VPN AND TORRENT IT IF YOU'RE PARANOID

/thread

@ depends what vpns you go with, if it's free you're the product. But there a lot of good vpns out there that won't log your information if you pay them.

Was going to respond to this when I got back from school but forgot...

There's only a limited amount of companies that can actually provide network access. ISPs, VPNs etc. simply retail the bandwidth. So a VPN not logging things doesn't mean the activity on the VPN's network isn't being logged. ;)

Other than that, think we can all agree Bosnian is overreacting and like usually news sites are clickbaiting. No one's going to press charges for downloading copyrighted content for personal use, it's too much of a hassle. And torrenting is legal and not just used for distributing copyrighted material.

Edit: "Official" Popcorn Time client has been declared dead: http://status.popcorntime.io/, there's always still http://popcorn-time.se/ until they release Butter though. :)