Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tasijjj

Scripting a new Gametype / Gamemode

11 posts in this topic

Hi
I was wondering where I could find a tutorial on creating new game types for CoD multiplayer or just editing the original ones.
I would be really pleased if someone could just post a link (if such tutorial exists) or make such tutorial (from start to finish).

I'm just planning to make a headquarters-like (but with respawning) game mode for me and my friend to play at our lan parties, if this information is somehow useful.

Thank you very much.

see under raw/maps/mp/gametypes. Everything that starts with "_" in name is an utility, the ones that are missing that are gametypes (sd.gsc, war.gsc, hq.gsc, etc).

Each gametype is made of two files plus a common "logic":

• mygametype.gsc - gametype script
  • mygametype.txt - a file, usually, referencing to gametypes name in localized string (for example "Search & Destroy" above mapname during loadscreen)
  • _globallogic.gsc - commonly used code by all gametypes present in vanilla CoD4:MW

When adding a new gametype don't forget to insert the name of your new gametype in _gametypes.txt, no mod tools are required tbh, just pack your new files in an .iwd

see under raw/maps/mp/gametypes. Everything that starts with "_" in name is an utility, the ones that are missing that are gametypes (sd.gsc, war.gsc, hq.gsc, etc).

Each gametype is made of two files plus a common "logic":

• mygametype.gsc - gametype script
  • mygametype.txt - a file, usually, referencing to gametypes name in localized string (for example "Search & Destroy" above mapname during loadscreen)
  • _globallogic.gsc - commonly used code by all gametypes present in vanilla CoD4:MW

When adding a new gametype don't forget to insert the name of your new gametype in _gametypes.txt, no mod tools are required tbh, just pack your new files in an .iwd

I don't find any of those files in my CoD4 or CoD2 directory. Is it also possible with these games (or am I missing something)?

I'm quite a beginner with this so sorry for any stupid question in advance...

If you don't have the raw directory within CoD4 then you have not installed CoD4 mod tools.

If you don't have the raw directory within CoD4 then you have not installed CoD4 mod tools.

I have installed it for CoD2 (radiant and other stuff). There is only main/maps/mp in CoD2 directory, but it's empty.

Is it possible for CoD2 to customize game types?

I have installed it for CoD2 (radiant and other stuff). There is only main/maps/mp in CoD2 directory, but it's empty.

Is it possible for CoD2 to customize game types?

then you don't have raw, instead open one of the last .iwd files in your main and extract scripts