Pixel

Deathrun is not a valid gametype

10 posts in this topic

Hola, so I am personally just educating myself on running servers etc, and I have had help from a few people so thanks to them.

So, this is the error I get upon starting the server:

F7KzPdb.png

I know you're probably laughing, oh well xD

I appreciate all help! Thanks

Try to set the game mode via rcon. I've actually got no idea, but this is my best uneducated guess.

Backlot does not support the Deathrun game type, period. You will need custom maps that are made for Deathrun to actually run it.

If you've updated your gamemodes.txt make sure that whatever the gamemode is scripted as if also named that.

EG: if you renamed deathrun in the gamemodes.txt to pixelrun or something, make sure you also rename the gsc side of the gametype to pixelrun too.

If you've updated your gamemodes.txt make sure that whatever the gamemode is scripted as if also named that.

EG: if you renamed deathrun in the gamemodes.txt to pixelrun or something, make sure you also rename the gsc side of the gametype to pixelrun too.

OHGOD it's iMtroll giving advices in coding section :horror:

HE'S GIVING HIS ADVICES "THE BOSNIAN WAY" :horror:

oh and gamemodes.txt is in csgo and not cod4 ;_;

OHGOD it's iMtroll giving advices in coding section :horror:

HE'S GIVING HIS ADVICES "THE BOSNIAN WAY" :horror:

oh and gamemodes.txt is in csgo and not cod4 ;_;

i lol'd

Thanks for the advice everyone.

@@Scillman I'm sure I've seen servers change the map to random stock maps for the fun of it? I will try with DR maps soon though. Clean installed my server, need to setup again

Scillman backlot does support deathrun gametype, i have played on it with that gametype, although its backlot only, crash doesnt support it.

and backlot can only run it, the rounds and other stuff only work till free run is over, then you cant play any longer. so get a dr map for it, you can download them from moddb or from the forum here

Scillman backlot does support deathrun gametype, i have played on it with that gametype, although its backlot only, crash doesnt support it.

and backlot can only run it, the rounds and other stuff only work till free run is over, then you cant play any longer. so get a dr map for it, you can download them from moddb or from the forum here

Well that is a lie you can run crash if you mod is clean enough and does not breach any limitations of the engine. Nor the less why the hell whould you play stock maps? Thats why ppl make maps for DR :troll:

Well that is a lie you can run crash if you mod is clean enough and does not breach any limitations of the engine. Nor the less why the hell whould you play stock maps? Thats why ppl make maps for DR :troll:

Not sure, seen it before, perhaps to change thing up for 20 minutes :)