Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sheep_Wizard

[Community tutorial] Complete guide to using Effects Editor in COD4

5 posts in this topic

So a while ago I started a complete guide to using the effects editor as there currently isn't much documentation on how to use the effects editor. I have currently done the navigation segment and have started to work on the the generation tab.

But there is still a lot more to do and would take me a long time to finish it all. I also do not know everything about the editor.

So I was wondering if anyone was interested in helping add to this guide, if you are pm me.

If people don't help I will still try to finish this myself but will probably take a while as I'm lazy :P

Here is a link to the google docs so you can see what I have done so far:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZcWxZbQoaXUS_uaHgFLKdYf8g-21pbFGWJq8ghu_cc0/edit?usp=sharing

(the formatting is pretty horrible at the moment and there are a few mistakes)

Formatting is pretty horrible and hard to read, maybe you should work with to get a tut put up at http://wiki.modsrepository.com/ ? specially since this tut looks waaaaaay to long for it to be a post and the post will make the format horrible.

Formatting is pretty horrible and hard to read, maybe you should work with to get a tut put up at http://wiki.modsrepository.com/ ? specially since this tut looks waaaaaay to long for it to be a post and the post will make the format horrible.

Didnt know you could post tutorials on that website but it sounds like a good idea.

Also I agree the formatting is bad, that is something I need help with as I have no idea what the best way to way it is.

Range Min/Max - Unknown

Fade in Min/max - Unknown

Fade out min/max - Unknown

Disable far plane culling - Unknown

Blocks sight - Unknown

Draw with viewmodel - Unknown

Sort order -Unknown

Range Min/Max - The radial distance from players eye to effects' bbox in which the effect will be rendered

Fade in Min/max - The distance in which effect will fade in from invisibility

Fade out min/max - The distance in which effect will fade off to invisilibity (and stops being rendered, bruh)

Disable far plane culling - If true, the effect will be rendered even if the player cannot see it (helps for large FX - think of giant "nuke mushroom")

Blocks sight - Blocks AI from seeing players through the particle effects (for AI, COD4SP)

Draw with viewmodel - Unknown

Sort order - Rendering order of the effect (ex. the effect will be added(projected? cant find a proper word) onto a water surface)

:davesir:

Blocks sight - Blocks AI from seeing players through the particle effects (for AI, COD4SP)

also blocks friendly over head names and red enemy names & crosshair :davesir: