Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moseph

What is the best piece of code you have ever written?

11 posts in this topic

Now, I know a lot of you guys and girls don't code or do things of the sort, but this one is for the ones who do!

If you do play this game, don't show off too much :P

But what is the best piece of code you have written? Go!

Please explain what the code does but not in a lot of detail, just a brief description.

P.S I will not post mine, just because I have nothing that I am too proud of  :(

The code that i'm most proud of is when I created a working elevator like this: https://youtu.be/FWEYCV-zcT0?t=3m23s

I know it's not that hard to do but back then I was new to coding and I coded it without looking at anything. I just remembered the functions and what order to do it in. Also attaching the brushes together when moving and then detaching them when the elevator stopped was cool as I just coded it in and it worked first time.

I feel the best code/scripts I've written were in mp_dr_twitch

Most fun to make: trap08() (frenzy).
Most complex: I'd say that's most definitely the ufo trap. However it's mostly just a fuckton of simple scripts.

I've also written some pretty simple scripts that I find somewhat significant. Randomizing traps (beatthat's map destiny was the first to feature this, then mp_dr_twitch), activator limit per population of server (limits the amount of times you can be activator dependent on how many players are in the server), practice run (traps activated) in place of free run (no traps activated), antiafk activator, etc.

Sure twitch could have been a better map, but I find more fun in scripting than mapping. Which is why I ended up releasing it how it was.

PS: You know where you can find these scripts, i'm not wasting my time digging them up lol.

I think the best piece of code I've written is the Claw/Crane trap in Oxidation. (It can pick up players and drop them at any given time)

https://youtu.be/p_W6jzgcjko?t=3m27s

I believe I have written better code but not for cod4, and I don't wish to share it as I'm using it for commercial use :dave:

A piece of code I worked on at a hackathon this weekend. It wasn't anything particularally intricate or impressive, but it felt like a milestone for me.