Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BosnianArmy

Help for my team partner

9 posts in this topic

Hello there,

As the title says me or we need help with his question, since I cannot ask questions through steam because some people want to have their Steam for gaming and not 24/7 question list for help service I will simply post it here so that everyone can see it.

NinjaWa ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°): bos

NinjaWa ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°): can u ask someone if they know how to make antihack?
NinjaWa ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°): or import levels to mysql?
BosnianArmy: why would you import levels to mysql ?
NinjaWa ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°): so no one can hack it

The one that I marked Yellow are the important questions, so:

1) Is it possible for the MySQL part?

2) Is here someone that could improve the anti level hacking in deathrun? Not just for us but in general for everyone

3) Post only if you have a theory or a answer to the questions

Thank you for reading,

-BosnianArmy

1) Is it possible for the MySQL part?

2) Is here someone that could improve the anti level hacking in deathrun? Not just for us but in general for everyone

3) Post only if you have a theory or a answer to the questions

Thank you for reading,

-BosnianArmy

1) Yes, adding levels to databases is possible. However you'd need to understand how the levels work and how databases work very well. I would offer you help, but as everyone here knows, I'm not too good when it comes to understanding cod4 too well in terms of gsc *cough* LOSSY THIS WAS FOR YOU *cough*. 

I am also quite sure that no one has actually moved levels over to databases in cod4 yet (this is as far as I am aware, if anyone does know someone that has done it, please tell me because I'm actually quite intrigued by this). 

In order to do this successfully you'd need to  be advanced in both gsc as well as databases and database management using either SQLite or MySQL.

If you're not that confident in database management I recommend that you do some offline database management with databases that aren't actually attached to anything important and manage them using programs like Navicat for MySQL to learn.

2) Level hacking in deathrun itself already has some form of protection, although it is not the best (obviously, BraXi made it :dave: ).

However, in other mods I have seen level hacking protection that covers many different forms of level hacking. For example, ROTU (by Viking), covers EasyAccount because EasyAccount basically changes your profile to be maxed out in everything. What Viking did was make one of the maxed out items (perk, wep, stats etc) useless and the mod would pick up if anyone had this (since there was no way of obtaining it) and then ban them from the mod for cheating to obtain that item. 

Sorry if my reply isn't too useful in this situation, but I told you all I know myself on how to help you here. 

I hope it helps at least in some way or another.

1) Yes, adding levels to databases is possible. However you'd need to understand how the levels work and how databases work very well. I would offer you help, but as everyone here knows, I'm not too good when it comes to understanding cod4 too well in terms of gsc *cough* LOSSY THIS WAS FOR YOU *cough*. 

I am also quite sure that no one has actually moved levels over to databases in cod4 yet (this is as far as I am aware, if anyone does know someone that has done it, please tell me because I'm actually quite intrigued by this). 

In order to do this successfully you'd need to  be advanced in both gsc as well as databases and database management using either SQLite or MySQL.

If you're not that confident in database management I recommend that you do some offline database management with databases that aren't actually attached to anything important and manage them using programs like Navicat for MySQL to learn.

2) Level hacking in deathrun itself already has some form of protection, although it is not the best (obviously, BraXi made it :dave: ).

However, in other mods I have seen level hacking protection that covers many different forms of level hacking. For example, ROTU (by Viking), covers EasyAccount because EasyAccount basically changes your profile to be maxed out in everything. What Viking did was make one of the maxed out items (perk, wep, stats etc) useless and the mod would pick up if anyone had this (since there was no way of obtaining it) and then ban them from the mod for cheating to obtain that item. 

Sorry if my reply isn't too useful in this situation, but I told you all I know myself on how to help you here. 

I hope it helps at least in some way or another.

Thanks for the 2)

You really helped me, I'm going to do that.

I will try it now

WOW seriously, I really appreciated that reply.

Could you explain what was the antihack by BraXi? (Well, BraXi could explain it but not online atm :/)

gettimeplayed() isn't defined and idk how to get the played time from a player :dave:

so it give you an error...

Could someone give me a little hint on how to get someone's played time?

It would be really appreciated.

ROTU (by Viking), covers EasyAccount because EasyAccount basically changes your profile to be maxed out in everything. What Viking did was make one of the maxed out items (perk, wep, stats etc) useless and the mod would pick up if anyone had this (since there was no way of obtaining it) and then ban them from the mod for cheating to obtain that item. 

you're still spreading misinformation just like bosnian, the rotu mod was made mostly by bipo and with help from me and the others including viking, etheross, mr-x and a whole bunch of people :horror:

You probably meant Viking's KTK mod where he used such method :davesir:

Could you explain what was the antihack by BraXi? (Well, BraXi could explain it but not online atm :/)

It's nothing more than keeping a backup of the most important stats such as rank, xp and unlocks in a diferent place, and verifying them against the "real" stats, but since most of the admins are wannabes, they don't even configure it properly in server config. anyway, the method can be found in:

https://github.com/BraXi/CoD4_DeathRun_1.2_Mod/blob/master/deathrun_dev/braxi/_rank.gsc#L92