Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Synd

Moving to BO3

13 posts in this topic

Do you guys think that Raid will eventually move on to Black Ops 3 servers when/if the mod tools come out and mods are out? I think it would be great, but that's just me.

A lot of the Cod4/WAW population is probably going to die(I think) when Black Ops 3 has mod tools that have been out for about a year because of the content on that game vs the older ones.

Sad but true. Can be possible future. But I want to stay with cod4 ;-;

i give cod 4 another 4 years

kek

cod4 is already ~8 years old. I'd be surprised to see it last till it's 10th birthday tbh

I should say lol instead

cod4 is already ~8 years old. I'd be surprised to see it last till it's 10th birthday tbh

Tbf 2 years ago I never thought it'd last this long

cod2 is already ~11 years old, people still play it

Do you guys think that Raid will eventually move on to Black Ops 3 servers when/if the mod tools come out and mods are out? I think it would be great, but that's just me.

A lot of the Cod4/WAW population is probably going to die(I think) when Black Ops 3 has mod tools that have been out for about a year because of the content on that game vs the older ones.

Am I one of the only people thinking BO3 has no way to beat CoD4 on PC?

Factors due to which BO3 will not succeed even with mod/map tools (before you go drama and post "but mods will fix that!" at least finish reading the lists):

1. the most important - shit optimization
  2. casual gameplay map design
  3. game modes requiring you to camp and farm killstreaks in order to win
  4. servers are limited to 24 (or less) players
  5. lack of weapon balance
  6. game is priced at a ridiculous 60eur
  7. paid DLCs, fragmented community, see what happens annualy with any newer cod (ppl just stop playing previous games and move on to a newer)
  8. will probably not have linux dedicated server files thus not so many people are going to host servers (i assume that due to fact MW3 had no linux dedi files either)
  9. is on steam which is a plus as all players are on the latest patch
  10. mod tools will most likely be limited in one way or another and will not let people implement DLC content in mods and maps
  11. uses VAC

Now, let's compare that to CoD4:

1. you could play cod4 on a potato
  2. quite a few maps designed for competitive play (crash,vacant,strike,citystreets........)
  3. pretty balanced game modes where killstreaks arent too op (but some perks on the other hand....)
  4. servers up to 64 players (officialy to 32 but well)
  5. balanced weapons (with a few small exceptions-P90 anyone?)
  6. game was cheap on a release, and now it's at trash price
  7. all DLCs free, player base is not split between DLCs, see point #9
  8. linux dedicated server files, majority of cod4 servers are on linux
  9. people playing one of various (1.0-1.7) available versions of the game
  10. mod tools allow to edit pretty much anything except behaviour hardcoded in engine (but then there's cod4x)
  11. uses PB

Of course, mods may fix some of the BO3 issues but overwhelming majority of players will be still playing unbalanced, casual games on public ranked servers.

Also, BO3 is less likely to be considered a competitive game even if it had promod due to poor performance and crap networking.

CoD4 became a viable multiplayer FPS due to it's innovation, it's good graphics and performance at its release and great map designs, none of which apply to BO3.

BO3 will most likely end up like WaW - people going to play custom zombie maps.

Edit: please also consider the dominant FPS games nowadays that put BO3 into a niche (CoD4 was the #1 FPS of it's time and had no real competition):

• BF4 with it's cheap premium, free maps released from time to time and established community, the go-to fast action military game
  • CS:GO with it's excellent optimization and networking, great competitive play, gigantic player base, mods and custom maps
  • ARMA3 & GMOD - the modding heaven, if you haven't seen mod X in a game Y, you can be sure these mods were first in these 2 games
  • TF2 - free, modding friendly with large playerbase
  • Overwatch? The incomming FPS from Blizzard which seems to look good

I should say lol instead

i was being nice. i was going to say 2 years. 

The one thing that killed the game (on PC at least) is the poor optimization. I played it on my brothers PC and sure he doesn't have the best PC but he should not be getting barely 60 fps on the lowest settings. But the mod tools and modding should fix this but I'm not really that willing to buy the game if the optimization may or not may get fixed by the mod tools :/

Nothing will compare to CoD4.

Every other game feels clunky in the movements, however this game is spot on for the mods you host and feels great.

Sounds like a lot of people are afraid of change and afraid to let go of the past. Moving to a new game will be hard, sure. There's going to be lots of problems, sure. CoD4 is 11 years old, BO3 is about a month old? Surely, it's too soon to make gamechanging (Pun intended) decisions, however, give it some time after the mod tools are released, see how things feel, and then decide. Alls I'm saying is it's best to have an open mind rather than a negative one.

Sounds like a lot of people are afraid of change and afraid to let go of the past. Moving to a new game will be hard, sure. There's going to be lots of problems, sure. CoD4 is 11 years old, BO3 is about a month old? Surely, it's too soon to make gamechanging (Pun intended) decisions, however, give it some time after the mod tools are released, see how things feel, and then decide. Alls I'm saying is it's best to have an open mind rather than a negative one.

Once the mod tools come out and I see what can come from it, then I will make the choice to buy it or not.