Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwofles

Raid Competitions and Events Proposal (UPDATED-with results)

Raid Competitions and Events (IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND AN OPTION READ THE TOPIC)   22 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of community competitions would you be interested in?

• Mapping/Scripting
    • Gaming Tournaments
    • Art/GFX
    • Knowledge/Quizzes
    • GIveaways/Raffles
    • Comedy
    • Other (write in a reply)
  2. 2. What kind of community events would you be interested in?

• Multiplayer Games
    • Team Gaming
    • Web Based Games
    • Teamspeak Hangouts
    • Raid Servers
    • Modding/Mapping Sessions
    • Other (write in a reply)
  3. 3. Troll or Mikey 4 ultraCM?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

READ THE TOPIC IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND AN OPTION IN THE POLL
Because the option might mean something that you didn't realise.

RAID EVENTS AND COMPETITIONS
So today I'm proposing the idea again of official Raid events and competitions. In my opinion, things like these will bring people together in the community and hopefully attract people to join in the fun. If you're wondering what an event or competition in Raid would be, it'd be a scheduled time where everybody would come together on Teamspeak (you wouldn't have to talk if you didn't want to) and we'd do an activity like playing a game. Then, a competition would be similar to an event but would take place less often, have a prize and more push for engagement on the forums from members. Events could happen once a week, every 2 weeks or whatever feels best and competitions would occur randomly usually with at least a week in between the ending. Competitions may also start due to seasonal events like Christmas or Easter. 

Playing games together within the community doesn't happen often due to mismatch time schedules, but as well as this, it's usually limited to people on Teamspeak which excludes everybody else in the community. Community-wide events and competitions would bring players together, including the people we never see in the community, everyone is welcome. For events, they could be as simple as 'We play Deathrun every Saturday at 8PM GMT' so some events are easy to set up. But then, you could have more intricate events where people have to sign up before and have pick a partner etc. There's a huge variety of events that we could host and each week/2 weeks could be a different experience. Competitions obviously need more planning but they at core they are similar to how events work.

FOR EVENTS AND COMPETITIONS WE'D NEED

• A group of organisers.

Organisers might want to be good with GFX or making appealing topics. Also, they would have to have a good knowledge for the contest/event they're starting. At first admins and higher could be trusted with making competitions/events but if this feature became a big part of Raid (which I doubt it will haha) we could even have applications for organisers etc.

• A group of judges for competitions (if needed).

Judges would need to be experienced in the competitions they're administrating and they'd need to be completely unbiased and neutral to any participant. Each competition depending on size would only require a small team of judges of around 2-4, these would consist of Lead Admins and Community Managers.

• People willing to donate prizes for competitions (or CMs giving a free month of VIP).

In a competition, you need prizes otherwise people won't be driven to take part in them. While I know there are a few key individuals that I know would donate, we obviously can't rely on the same people to spend their money on Raid. A free option is just to give out VIP, or some kind of website perk saying 'competition winner' that makes them eligible to judge or gives them a cool feature.

• Members wanting to take part/Community engagement.

This is the biggest piece of this whole idea. For events and competitions we would need as many people as possible to participate and have fun. I can tell this may be the biggest stepping stone for this idea but I know if people get engaged in the idea and help the community grow, it'll leave them happy. Though the idea isn't just simply for the benefit of Raid, it's more about making sure everyone in the community feels... the community. I want Raid events to bring everyone together.

COMPETITION OPTIONS EXPLAINED

Mapping/Scripting: Mapping and scripting competitions would be for the members of Raid who sparkle with the mod tools. We could have a yearly map of the year or mapping competition, or a script writing competition. These competitions could increase the amount of content for servers such as a competition for making a deathrun map or a promod map etc. The only downside is that not many people will enter due being busy, not knowing how to map and other reasons but hopefully good prizes can reverse this.

Gaming Tournaments: This category is for the elite players here in Raid. A Promod or Combined Ops contest in my opinion would probably go down quite well. This competition could also include Deathrun speedrunning but I dislike that so I won't go into detail. I'm sure this type of competition could be applied to many different mods/games but I can't think at the moment.

Art/GFX: I know a lot of people in Raid love making GFX and they're also pretty good at it. GFX contest could include a particular theme or limitation to challenge the participants and the winning pieces could even be featured on the front page of Raid. Also, we could have competitions to design any needed GFX for the website/servers (if Mikey doesn't have it covered), provided it follows rules set by Mikey so it doesn't look out of place. Just an idea (feel free to refuse Mikey c; ).

Knowledge/Quizzes: For those with good general knowledge (sorry Lossy), or good knowledge of deathrun, Raid or just CoD4. This could even stretch to something like seeing who can get the best score on Geoguesser while streaming to show you're not cheating. These competitions would not only allow for people to show off their amazing knowledge but, it'll also educate others taking part. 

Giveaways/Raffles: The easy competition. If somebody ever has a spare game, they could donate it for a raffle to drive activity on the forum. $15+ VIPs could get 2x luck (increasing VIP income) in the raffles and admins can't enter (purely because admins are already active and raffles are more of an idea to get shy members involved with the community).

Comedy: Many members of Raid are funny, so here they can use this to their advantage. You could organise competitions where the funniest caption for a picture by somebody wins, or the best joke and/or story etc. This competition would really be a laugh and force the idea of everybody having fun together.

EVENT OPTIONS EXPLAINED

Multiplayer Games: I bet you all have at least 1 game you've barely touched in your Steam library. That's why this event would exist. We could all play GTA 5 freemode, races or missions together, Black Ops 2 Zombies Grief, Minecraft etc. I think this event would be easy to set up, but a lot of fun. Only problem is finding a game that many people have.

Team Gaming: Would occur in CoD4/BO2/BO3 or CSGO, we'd go into a private game for CoD or a community competitive server for CSGO, go into predetermined teams (picked before the event starts) and battle it out. This is similar to the gaming tournament competitions but there's no prize and no pressure to be amazing, any skill level is welcome. Also we could use Promod server to play on.

Web Based Games: There are many fun games out there on the internet (not the sex ones), so we should go and play them all together. We could all play Cards Against Humanity, Club Penguin, Curve Fever etc. Not many website multiplayer games are coming to my head right now but hopefully you get the point.

Teamspeak Hangouts: An event where everybody piles on teamspeak and we just talk. Could be karaoke, could be just discussing racism, I dunno, it's Teamspeak.

Raid Servers: Where everyone just goes on Deathrun, Fun, Combined Ops, Party Games (this would be good for events), Zombies, Codjumper etc and we try and get the server full and just have fun. This is similar to team gaming as both include going on Promod but team gaming is more about shooting and working as a team whereas Raid Server events are just about messing around on all our servers. Could even include this, and every month we test it and see what's added.

Modding/Mapping Sessions: While quite a lot of the community might map or script, they may not be perfect. This is why this event is here, so people can learn from others, show progress from their latest WIP or just talk about map ideas. Personally I get most inspired to map when other people map so I think this might apply to others.

THAT'S IT.

This is what I think Raid should have- events and competitions. Feel free to say if you disagree with the idea, but personally, I know this has the chance of bring the community together better, and including those individuals who maybe don't come on Teamspeak everyday or don't read the shoutbox 24/7. Also, I'd love to see the community grow bigger and maybe an event system can help this. This will make us more of a community instead of just a website and servers.

tl;dr raid events+competitions plox

p.s Sorry for any grammatical, spelling issues or repeating myself, and, if you feel I missed anything on the idea feel free to ask/tell me to add something. Also this is a V2 of my Raid Events Topic.

I'd like something to do with combined ops, put a password on the server, have players join, 2 teams of course, who ever wins wins or some shit 

I'd also love something to do with Party games, it was so fun before, but no one is ever online to play, it would be great to play it again, it was probably the most fun I had in cod4. 

Like the Idea BlueWaff.

Just need this to be seen and actually pull through. Would be a great way to entice others to come and join the community.

:wub:

You can have a 10 man csgo scrim on popflash.site, only people with the lobby link can join. Pretty cool and wouldn't mind to test it out sometime!

Here's how the lobby looks like:

6e45ce72f4532e0ffeca74e2957ce510.png

16 people have voted which is great!

However, there are still some active members here I know that can vote, so I want to say now please vote if you haven't as soon I'll be creating a follow-up topic about the results of this poll. I'll probably make the topic later tomorrow, so please vote now.

read below.

THANKS.

Before I show the results, I just want to thank everybody for participating in the poll and sharing your opinion. Obviously this is only going to work if cater it for people's needs/wants, not just if it's easier to do one thing than another.

THE RESULTS

GoT0nVA.png

sorry for my amazing excel graphs, I just have nothing else to make graphs with ^^

So, as we can see that the most popular choices for any competitions was by far gaming tournaments, however, some would be still interested in other competitions like giveaways/raffles, GFX competitions or knowledge-based competitions. On the other hand, for the events, the most voted event wase multiplayer games such as GTA etc, following that were Raid Servers (where we play on Raid Servers). Then, also, team gaming and web based games also had some interest.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

This is up to the current admins and Mikey (our lord and saviour). If a kind of system is even to be implemented is up to them, but as I said earlier, it'd be a great idea. If Mikey did choose to start some Raid events/competitions or trial it, I'd recommend to base it off of a highly voted option from the poll, as you would want as many people to be interested in the event or competition as possible. Anyway, that's all from me.

THANKS.

Before I show the results, I just want to thank everybody for participating in the poll and sharing your opinion. Obviously this is only going to work if cater it for people's needs/wants, not just if it's easier to do one thing than another.

THE RESULTS

GoT0nVA.png

sorry for my amazing excel graphs, I just have nothing else to make graphs with ^^

So, as we can see that the most popular choices for any competitions was by far gaming tournaments, however, some would be still interested in other competitions like giveaways/raffles, GFX competitions or knowledge-based competitions. On the other hand, for the events, the most voted event wase multiplayer games such as GTA etc, following that were Raid Servers (where we play on Raid Servers). Then, also, team gaming and web based games also had some interest.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

This is up to the current admins and Mikey (our lord and saviour). If a kind of system is even to be implemented is up to them, but as I said earlier, it'd be a great idea. If Mikey did choose to start some Raid events/competitions or trial it, I'd recommend to base it off of a highly voted option from the poll, as you would want as many people to be interested in the event or competition as possible. Anyway, that's all from me.

Your plead has been noted and from your results I can see that its a thing that would benefit raid as a whole. We have a lot of plans for this year so maybe I and work something along these lines into those plans. Adding a calendar to our system would not be hard. Its just the planning and all the work that goes on behind the scenes. As for your ideas about things like raffles, That would be a great idea but the community would need to run them. Hell. You can do that now. Just go to suggestions in my site bugs and stuff topic category ( Here ) and request a new section. I will then work on getting that section moderated. It will need rules too. But raid simply does not have the income to be giving things out. Any money that comes in from our amazing donators goes straight back into our servers and improving the experience for you guys.

But no, Really. This has been taken on board and I will start a more formal discussion with the other Higher up members in the community. Thank you for putting hard work into this.

An event suggestion:

Ever heard of something called Money 8's? Pro-players, or players in general, often play this to warm up their skills in game and such.

How it works:

Just like the good-ol'-days, if you ever played football (or soccer  :angry: ), there would be two captains, one for each team. They would choose players (Half the time, they would pick there friends and the unpopular kids would be left until the end, BUT WE SHALL MAKE THIS FAIR!) until there was two teams of 5, resulting in 10 players to play the game, if you can do math. We then play a tournament of 3 maps in promod and the team that wins the best of 3 series, wins! However, we can't always have the same people keep playing all the time, so we shall rotate the 10 players around fairly and organise it fairly. Everything has to be fair. We won't be able to pay people any money, because we don't have that sort of income, but I'm sure we can work out some prizes for the winners.

Obviously suggestions are suggestions and nothing is set in stone, so take it as you wish :).

An event suggestion:

Ever heard of something called Money 8's? Pro-players, or players in general, often play this to warm up their skills in game and such.

How it works:

Just like the good-ol'-days, if you ever played football (or soccer  :angry: ), there would be two captains, one for each team. They would choose players (Half the time, they would pick there friends and the unpopular kids would be left until the end, BUT WE SHALL MAKE THIS FAIR!) until there was two teams of 5, resulting in 10 players to play the game, if you can do math. We then play a tournament of 3 maps in promod and the team that wins the best of 3 series, wins! However, we can't always have the same people keep playing all the time, so we shall rotate the 10 players around fairly and organise it fairly. Everything has to be fair. We won't be able to pay people any money, because we don't have that sort of income, but I'm sure we can work out some prizes for the winners.

Obviously suggestions are suggestions and nothing is set in stone, so take it as you wish :).

Would love to see something like this for CS:GO too. 

if there is actually going to be events :(