Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael

How to fix this in COD 4?

13 posts in this topic

So recently my escape key stopped working and now I cannot access the start menu in any game.. SPECIFICALLY in Call of Duty 4, I typed "bind F5 "togglemenu" in the files config.cfg and config_mp.cfg but that still did not solve the issue. Any ideas for solution? Thanks guys!

I don't know how to fix the issue itself but I do know that you need a new keyboard :dave:

So recently my escape key stopped working and now I cannot access the start menu in any game.. SPECIFICALLY in Call of Duty 4, I typed "bind F5 "togglemenu" in the files config.cfg and config_mp.cfg but that still did not solve the issue. Any ideas for solution? Thanks guys!

Have you tried a different USB port? Remove the keycap and try to press the button itslf. What keyboard do you have? Any specific type of switch? It's not hard to clean the switch if you're competent working with electronics.

Have you tried a different USB port? Remove the keycap and try to press the button itslf. What keyboard do you have? Any specific type of switch? It's not hard to clean the switch if you're competent working with electronics.

I don't think that causes the problem, the USB input and output :Dave: but hey who knows.

Anyways, try to bind the key on a other key and look if the problem still excists, also go to a youtube video and watch in fullscreen and try to press the Escape button and if it doesn't work then voila, u need to replace the keyboard.

@

Anyways, try to bind the key on a other key and look if the problem still excists

I typed "bind F5 "togglemenu" in the files config.cfg and config_mp.cfg but that still did not solve the issue.

@@Michael buy a new keyboard  :dave: esc is a key you cant live without  :angryarnold:

@

@@Michael buy a new keyboard  :dave: esc is a key you cant live without  :angryarnold:

Thanks Bear, but isn't there any way I can bind it for the time being? Until I get a new keyboard?

I typed "bind F5 "togglemenu" in the files config.cfg and config_mp.cfg but that still did not solve the issue.

Try typing /bind f5 togglemenu in the console ingame

Try typing /bind f5 togglemenu in the console ingame

That did not work unfortunately, but thank you for the attempt

That did not work unfortunately, but thank you for the attempt

You must be doing something wrong then because thats the way to do it

there is no way to fix it. the "togglemenu" bind doesnt actually do anything. you can try join any server, then type /togglemenu in console and see nothing happens. most likely the esc key functionality is hardcoded and changing it would require editing the iw3mp.exe itself

there is no way to fix it. the "togglemenu" bind doesnt actually do anything. you can try join any server, then type /togglemenu in console and see nothing happens. most likely the esc key functionality is hardcoded and changing it would require editing the iw3mp.exe itself

Geez that really sucks. Oh well I will just get a new keyboard, thank you!

it was working for me...

it was working for me...

It doesn't work for me, and I also tried the PC Application "Sharp Keys" to rebind the escape button, no luck. Thanks guys, I will just buy another keyboard