Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabe

Tom_bmx_music_box

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm sure alot of you that are making maps and do not know how to make .menu's are wondering "how do i get a cool looking .menu in my map that gives me a choice to play music?"  Well Tom's music menu (made for COD 5 world at war) looks pretty amazing. when the UGX forum comes back online i will be sure to give you a screen shot.  Anyway i decided to edit the gsc to allow it to work for Call of duty 4 so it will be compatible to be played in cod4, obviously there are some stuff in there that are not needed so feel free to take i out if you dont want it..

PS. i havent actually tested to see if it works, if it doesn't let me know what the errors are and i will help you out.

Full credit goes to Tom from UGX.

little credit goes to me for converting it.

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/sj2rmt

There's a pic

958ca253a9ddbfd5af27d97b0fc9d3c6.png

Edit: Have to agree with darmuh. Also, what exactly did you change in the script? all i see is a few lines like playfxontag and setModel commented out, wouldn't really call that "converted".

>Hasn't tested it

>Doesn't upload screens because one site is down.

Gabe pls, if you're going to "release" something put at least a bit of effort into it.

Never release something without testing it.

If you can't upload screens yourself and you know it has existed for a while, chances are you can find it by google searching. Look what I found, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-8hBSGa23M#t=626

what it looks like ingame 8014e0b00055fd18b74305e5aa0c62f5.png

Anyway, all they're asking is how did you convert this 'menu' the menu already works in cod4 with no edit whats so you can get rid  of that part

The music.csv will work no matter what so that one gone

GSC, 2 lines added?

All we can see is that you've commented out the models that are in CoD5 WaW which anyone with any menu knowledge would of known to do that and the text message from "Press F to use" to "press [use] to use" and the 2 extra lines? well they'll just you adding ya own credits and a space between main() & #include... but all you've done is broken it, the red/green light won't work because of there being no model so it wasn't even a convert, anyone would of been able to do this.

This is why beat and darmuh are asking how you manage to 'convert' it when you actually didn't do anything to earn the convert 'credit' lol

We understand you was trying to help, but anyone with menu knowledge(by that know how to compile menus into a map or mod) would of been able to do this in 1 min.