Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xMGx64

Revive COD4?

16 posts in this topic

So before I begin I wanna say that people probably won't pay attention to this but please read through it and give me your opinion.

So I started playing COD4 When Braxi made his deathrun mod, maybe a little later than that but I was around from the beginning. Anyways when Braxi moved on I started playing on other servers such as RaidGaming DR. Yes I was an  asshole on it, an idiot, etc. (Ask Lossy) But then I wanted to make my own mod after Lossy moved on, so I did, I had a good few players. Then COD4 started dying and all of the DR servers and other mods were empty. Like I remember Raid was pretty much always full but now.... Anyways, I was thinking of an idea, to maybe revive cod4 (Now I know you all left COD4 Like me and probably playing CSGO like me) but I was thinking of an idea to maybe make a COD4 Mod, as a community, a full modification of the game, maybe even a standalone game.

I know people wont agree with this and most people like Lossy and Braxi wont return.

(Now I know you all left COD4 Like me and probably playing CSGO like me) 

If you want cod4 to be less dead play it lmao..

lol no point, bo3 is going to have modtools soon, means that atleast a few people are going to switch over to bo3 once there're good mods out for it. doubt anyone can be arsed to make a new cod4 mod which isn't going to be played anyway.

lol no point, bo3 is going to have modtools soon, means that atleast a few people are going to switch over to bo3 once there're good mods out for it. doubt anyone can be arsed to make a new cod4 mod which isn't going to be played anyway.

I would assume you could use scripts from particular mods existing from cod4 but you would properly have to use a blend of the new bo3 functions as well as old cod4 ones. 

Syntax errors inbound

I don't think the bo3 mod tools will be as good or as open source as the cod4 ones

I don't think the bo3 mod tools will be as good or as open source as the cod4 ones

i don't think bo3 will be alive on pc by the time mod tools arrive

and i dont think the modders will for ever spend their free time to make mods for a 9 years old game

Kind of.

Mod tools are being released soon as a closed invite only beta :'( from what I've been reading in to a while back. Meaning that you have to be invited by them only in order to get it. Also, we don't know what the mod tools will include and whether or not community hosted dedicated servers will be rolling out with them. All we have confirmed so far (as far as I am aware) is that mod tools will be released around March in a closed beta, and that "some time in the future" they are moving to "dedicated servers" instead of peer-to-peer. unfortunately they have worded things really precisely again so they give out as little information as possible. Because of the way they've worded it, we can only assume what they mean by what they say.

In my OPINION I don't think they'll be giving out full mod tools or even the ability to have community hosted servers due to their wording and secretive behaviour on it. And if they do, it'll probably be a long time in the future. Again, this doesn't mean that they won't, it's just my opinion.

Kind of.

Mod tools are being released soon as a closed invite only beta :'( from what I've been reading in to a while back. Meaning that you have to be invited by them only in order to get it. Also, we don't know what the mod tools will include and whether or not community hosted dedicated servers will be rolling out with them. All we have confirmed so far (as far as I am aware) is that mod tools will be released around March in a closed beta, and that "some time in the future" they are moving to "dedicated servers" instead of peer-to-peer. unfortunately they have worded things really precisely again so they give out as little information as possible. Because of the way they've worded it, we can only assume what they mean by what they say.

In my OPINION I don't think they'll be giving out full mod tools or even the ability to have community hosted servers due to their wording and secretive behaviour on it. And if they do, it'll probably be a long time in the future. Again, this doesn't mean that they won't, it's just my opinion.

March will be closed alpha*

So we have to wait even longer

Kind of.

They said unranked dedis are coming with modtools, they never said that they'll replace p2p with community hosted servers. Anyway pcdev said that a blog post regarding modtools will be out very soon, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Either way, it doesn't really change the fact that there isn't really a big point in making a new 'community' mod since I highly doubt that alot of people will play it, mainly because cod4 doesn't have alot of players anymore and I don't think the number will rise anytime soon.

Idk about mp, but my project will be an attempt to revive the singleplayer part.'

I get your pain though.