Apokalypse

Admin login script

19 posts in this topic

Hi ok so ive made an admin menu for my deathrun mod works perfect but now I want only admins to be able to view it ive created a little script that binds a key to open the menu and it does work and then I went into the _menus file to add my menu and to add the code to protect it fron non admins ive now spent a couple hourse trying to figure out how to do it and I just can and I dont really have alot of time to search forever for it so here is what I have done:

NOdXwwc.png

But every time I try it, it goes to the else function so I don't know where my error lies  and if I put player getGUID() is says uninitialized variable 'player' so maybe its that I don't know

Thanks

Using guid admin based scripts isn't wise.

What you could do to improve the security is:

-Add the guid, what you already did.

-A Username and Password

-A alternative question to login, so a security question if that's possible but I think it is

Just a idea for the admin menu system, also idk the problem as I'm not a scripter xd

i would thing is im not good at gsc so ya the server has a guid faking protection system but this is just to give the admins access to a menu its a menu with admin commands and stuff not big stuff anyways so ya 

Deathrun already has a built-in admin system with guid, username and password, use that one. You can't protect your server from real guid spoofs. If you think otherwise give us the server ip and your guid and I bet you any money i can get on that server without being banned for fake guid.

You can have as many admins as you want to that one.

oh ok but then how do I use that system to protect this menu for admin only after I have setup all the adnims with their logins and stuff

Thanks but now I'm getting username is not defined error is the following correct:

set dr_admin_loginpass_0 "|HCB|Poca;abc123;abcdefghijklmnox"
set dr_admin_0 "bcea0ebc;|HCB|Poca;abcdefghijklmnox

Can also verify IPs of clients against a database of admins through B3 or passing a request directly from the server (though, you'll need to know C socket programming for that  :rolleyes: ).

May I ask why you'd want to use an admin menu? Wouldn't B3 or MAM be a more viable option?

And Python for the B3 part @@atrX :dave:

Can also verify IPs of clients against a database of admins through B3 or passing a request directly from the server (though, you'll need to know C socket programming for that  :rolleyes: ).

:troll:

But you didn't mentioned Python for the B3, maybe the guy doesn't know which language B3 is :troll:

And yet I still cannot quote :rage: ,@@MiKeYehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :rage:

no I intentionally wasn't making a menu but then some admin friends asked me to code one with like admin weapons and sprays and characters nd stuff like that so I did but ya with the script setup I have at the top it keeps goin to the else statement when I try to compare the player who accessed the menus guid to a predefined list of admin guids but ya I'm a total noob at gsc so I cam here

But you didn't mentioned Python for the B3, maybe the guy doesn't know which language B3 is :troll:

And yet I still cannot quote :rage: ,@@MiKeYehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :rage:

Quoting is easy,.

oh everything is fixed now thanks guys but is there a way to make a popup menu for admin to enter their info or will it be easier to use the MAM well I think the server uses MAM