Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anti

Need some assistance

36 posts in this topic

I'll be needing a laptop for when I go to college and, since it can't be a MacBook, I'm unsure as to which one I should buy

Looking for one that I can still play games on (At high fps and provides decent graphics), decent battery life, doesn't overheat too much, and capable of running multiple demanding programs at once

My budget is about $3,000, but since I'll be selling my old xbox soon, can likely go up another hundred to two

Would appreciate suggestions and or advice regarding this

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP9870-S.html Sager makes great custom laptops. They have great deals and they provide more and cheaper than other brands (ASUS, MSI, etc) This particular laptop comes with IPS GSYNC screen that other laptops at the same price and up won't have

Main laptop features for $2.8K

• 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor
  • 17.3" Full HD IPS Matte Display with G-SYNC Technology
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 8GB GDDR5 - VR Ready
  • 16GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz
  • 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD
  • Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro with Smart Teaming
  • Thunderbolt 3 connectivity
  • Color illuminated keyboard
  • Built-in Fingerprint Reader
  • IC-Diamond Thermal Compound
  • 30 days No Dead Pixel Guarantee
  • World fastest Desktop Replacement
  • Windows® 10 Home 64-Bit Edition

tl;dr

this laptop is below your budget and is a beast. Cheaper and better than other laptop brands and it's custom built

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP9870-S.html Sager makes great custom laptops. They have great deals and they provide more and cheaper than other brands (ASUS, MSI, etc) This particular laptop comes with IPS GSYNC screen that other laptops at the same price and up won't have

Main laptop features for $2.8K

• 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor
  • 17.3" Full HD IPS Matte Display with G-SYNC Technology
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 8GB GDDR5 - VR Ready
  • 16GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz
  • 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD
  • Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro with Smart Teaming
  • Thunderbolt 3 connectivity
  • Color illuminated keyboard
  • Built-in Fingerprint Reader
  • IC-Diamond Thermal Compound
  • 30 days No Dead Pixel Guarantee
  • World fastest Desktop Replacement
  • Windows® 10 Home 64-Bit Edition

tl;dr

this laptop is below your budget and is a beast. Cheaper and better than other laptop brands and it's custom built

and the 10lbs weight is not a problem for antinold :angryarnold:

and the 10lbs weight is not a problem for antinold :angryarnold:

Only 10lbs? Need at least 50lbs, want a workout to go with it bruh :angryarnold:

But how's the cooling if they put litteraly a GTX 980 GPU in a laptop ?..

if you even bothered to click the link and look at the images you probably noticed its full of air-vents :dave:

also

pGVqhHu.jpg

Hmm good cooling system then :p, But the minuspoints from me are:

-No Windows 10 Pro, for this expensive laptop I expect a OS that's that's more luxery

-Heavy laptop to carry around all day

But for the rest it's genious, better than Alienware of course lol.

my laptop is 210 $ cost and it can get 333 fps on lowest graphics...xd just saying, you want decent graphics anyway

-No Windows 10 Pro, for this expensive laptop I expect a OS that's that's more luxery

can be selected from the customization options for +50$ :dave:

doubt you would need bit locker, remote desktop, group policies and hyper-v for a school/gaming laptop anyways :dave:

EDIT: anti might even get a free windows 10 license from the college

Be quiet. Look at the laptop specs before replying. 

1. Windows 10 Pro is probably the most expensive Windows out at the moment as it's the newest, why would you need to compare expense to Windows 10

2. Windows 10 is the only OS to get DirectX 12 support. Granted that soon there will be some API's that are very close or even better than DirectX 12 when steam releases their own, but for the time being DirectX 12 stands the best and most impressive.

3. Windows 10 has been reported to have a lot of ways of tracking you, and since Anti usually sticks with Apple products this will make him feel close to home :dave:

2. when steam releases their own, but for the time being DirectX 12 stands the best and most impressive.

Vulkan is already out :dave:(but valve didn't make it, they funded it, they was never making their own :> )

becuz poopbook is pro at being low-spec for that price and expensive :dave:

becuz poopbook is pro at being low-spec for that price and expensive :dave:

Again, do some research please ._.

They're low spec because they're not designed for anything that would require a high spec! Jesus it's like trying to talk to a brick wall with you ._.

Not every computer in the world is made for gaming, so therefore not every computer in the world needs high end specs. The price of the MacBook (although slightly unjustified in my opinion) is for the technology within the machine itself, not for the parts it uses.

Why no MacBook? :(

Not sure, but they made it specific that has to be a Windows laptop and not a MacBook/bootcamped. Perhaps because of the VR implementations (and a few additional interesting things) being planned for players instead of a traditional playbook, but can't say for certain

Appreciate the suggestion, Siik :D

@Troll I already know that.. you pay for the brand and not specs yes blabla.. but still expensive for those specs, that's why.

And Anti, the reason that the school wants Windows is because alot of programs run on Windows and not OSX.

Not sure, but they made it specific that has to be a Windows laptop and not a MacBook/bootcamped. Perhaps because of the VR implementations (and a few additional interesting things) being planned for players instead of a traditional playbook, but can't say for certain

Appreciate the suggestion, Siik :D

You do know that the battery wont last 2 hours with desktop i7 CPU and GTX980?

@Troll I already know that.. you pay for the brand and not specs yes blabla.. but still expensive for those specs, that's why.

And Anti, the reason that the school wants Windows is because alot of programs run on Windows and not OSX.

Most of the same programs can run on OS X as well

@@BraXi If you have any suggestions as well, would like to hear them

You do know that the battery wont last 2 hours with desktop i7 CPU and GTX980?

the i7 has integrated gpu so you probably could disable the 980 when not needed

not sure if same laptop but:

Battery Life

Despite the NP9870-G housing desktop class components, it is still a laptop and comes with a massive 90WHr battery. So I ran it through two battery drain scenarios, one running in airplane mode, so no wireless data, with LCD at 50% brightness and power saver mode and backlit keyboard off and looped a 1080p movie and it ran an astonishing 2hrs and 58minutes long.

I also ran it through a light wireless load test with LCD at 50% brightness, power saver mode, backlit keyboard off, and achieved 3hrs and 11mins of battery life. So despite it's beefy components it can also run quite some time while on battery.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/sager-np9870-g-clevo-p870dm-g-review-by-htwingnut.784981/

Again, do some research please ._.

They're low spec because they're not designed for anything that would require a high spec! Jesus it's like trying to talk to a brick wall with you ._.

Not every computer in the world is made for gaming, so therefore not every computer in the world needs high end specs. The price of the MacBook (although slightly unjustified in my opinion) is for the technology within the machine itself, not for the parts it uses.

Also you're paying for the OS and the content that comes with the OS. Yet still like you said, the price is slightly unjustified but the technology is still incredible.

Just adding to your response  :dave:

Where will you be gaming and how often? Will you be gaming away from a station that you regularly visit or will you be playing like on a bus or something.

If you are going to be moving around and gaming in random spots and not at home or a dorm i would suggest getting a laptop that will do everything. 

If not get one that comes with a base either it be fan cooled or the water cooling in the new fancy gtx 980 laptop.

Who the heck plays a game in the bus or train-station with a laptop? You have a smartphone for that lol.

Who the heck plays a game in the bus or train-station with a laptop? You have a smartphone for that lol.

can u play triple A games on a smartphone?