Apokalypse

applying an xanim to xmodel

16 posts in this topic

Ok so ive gotten my hands on a neat 3d model ive converted it to the xmodel format and im able to spawn it in game everything perfect no errors but now I dont want a statue ive also made a little idle animation for this model but I have no idea how to get it to play on the model ive gone in asset manager to make the xanim ive chosen the model and the xanim and converted the assets with no error so i have the xmodel and xanim but now how do I get the model to play it as its spawned?

For fuck sake, is it that hard to use proper grammar and punctuation in the text you write? Or does it have to look that retarded on purpose? Without, it all looks shit and I cba to read.

No, you cannot play xanims on scripted ents in MP.

rep_down.png if u retardo downvoteh cuz so hard and cannot into typings of text and ty4 understandeing :awesome:

For fuck sake, is it that hard to use proper grammar and punctuation in the text you write? Or does it have to look that retarded on purpose? Without, it all looks shit and I cba to read.

No, you cannot play xanims on scripted ents in MP.

rep_down.png if u retardo downvoteh cuz so hard and cannot into typings of text and ty4 understandeing :awesome:

I can understand him more than Bosnian so I think you shouldn't be so hard

How about all of you stop being a fucking dick towards everyone ?...

How about all of you stop being a fucking dick towards everyone ?...

its just a joke bro

So there is absolutely no way of making a model do an animation after spawning it?

Not in MP, unfortunately.

ok so I've now gotten the model working blah blah blah but I have an issue where it has no collision can someone please assist me and just tell me how to add the collision so players can't walk through it I am using Blender 2.76

ok so I've now gotten the model working blah blah blah but I have an issue where it has no collision can someone please assist me and just tell me how to add the collision so players can't walk through it I am using Blender 2.76

In Asset Manager set the collision LOD to something other than 'none' (for optimizations sake, pick the lowest LOD you have, so if you have a high and medium LOD pick medium).

How about doing what IW did with CTF flag models?
I have no idea what they did but the animation is somehow attached to the model of the flag, so when you place the model in radiant, it has the animation attached. I think you can do it somehow.

Why the fuck did everyone downvote braxi? Crow's post looks disgusting. 

(imo) It's ok if someone misses an apostrophe or a few commas, but it's just being fucking lazy if they use no full stops/periods in a post that long.

because he was being rude

How about doing what IW did with CTF flag models?

I have no idea what they did but the animation is somehow attached to the model of the flag, so when you place the model in radiant, it has the animation attached. I think you can do it somehow.

If I remember correctly the flag uses an animated cloth material. ^

@@SPi

its a vertex shader program that offsetts the model vertices in their normal vector (-+)direction

the wave amplitude depends on the vertex alpha color

although creating custom shaders for cod4 is possible, its probably beyond OP's modding skills :dave: