Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwofles

Special Rounds

19 posts in this topic

Add special rounds where you get a portal gun or there's no activators. Mix it up yo.

Also VIPs could trigger 1 event per map.

Hmm... smelling something :dave:

Did you poo your pants again?

Does somebody else have portal guns and special rounds?

Hmm... smelling something :dave:

It's time for you to take shower... or you have farted... or both :awesome:

Add special rounds where you get a portal gun or there's no activators. Mix it up yo.

wait, so giving free round isn't enough? :horror:

@@jwofles , in my server we have special round at the last round, that's why I said I'm smelling something xD

And ofc downvotes for no reason, gime some more.

To be honest I didn't know your server had special rounds but it's not like you invented them anyway. Plus, I didn't say in this thread they should be the last round, I just wanted to suggest a cool idea to keep our server alive.

p.s your server doesn't have portal guns c:

I know........ and we had but removed it as it's OP.

Well since you asked..

you're getting downvoted bosnian because the stuff on your server isn't special to xenia, it's already public so no one copying you, technically your server is copying others :)

Tbh I've never seen a server that had special rounds but ok

you never played on AoD deathrun then

Not really no :Dave: and they are now gone I think? well not now but like a year or 2-3

yup and some other servers had it can't remember their name though. anyway it doesn't matter, doubt jwofles got it from your clan

Who cares where he got it from?

I'm no genius, but I can say special rounds would take a bit of time developing and I don't think anyone here(pardon me if I'm wrong here) wants to continue to work on the deathrun mod. This is because of the fact that Bo3 mod tools are coming out, which may or may not be successful, and the fact that during the weekdays the servers player count is extremely low.

Now don't hate me for that last comment, that's why you made this suggestion in the first place, to boost player count and to give dr a fresh feel. However, as with the Raid anniversary day we had a few years ago(was it 2?) people liked it for awhile but then got tired of it and wanted to go back to the way it was. I could elaborate more, but I'd rather not.

Now don't hate me for that last comment, that's why you made this suggestion in the first place, to boost player count and to give dr a fresh feel. However, as with the Raid anniversary day we had a few years ago(was it 2?) people liked it for awhile but then got tired of it and wanted to go back to the way it was. I could elaborate more, but I'd rather not.

2014 according to the description in this video I uploaded July 2015

It was a few vids I recorded on xfire while testing the anniversary stuff that, when xfire decided it was going to stop being a thing, I downloaded and then uploaded onto youtube

Also I might add the idea of special rounds has been around for a looooooong time but as it has already been said no one wants to put in the effort to do it right. Here was my lazy attempt at a "special" round

2014 according to the description in this video I uploaded July 2015

It was a few vids I recorded on xfire while testing the anniversary stuff that, when xfire decided it was going to stop being a thing, I downloaded and then uploaded onto youtube

Also I might add the idea of special rounds has been around for a looooooong time but as it has already been said no one wants to put in the effort to do it right. Here was my lazy attempt at a "special" round

Also VIPs could trigger 1 event per map.

Who cares where he got it from?

I'm no genius, but I can say special rounds would take a bit of time developing and I don't think anyone here(pardon me if I'm wrong here) wants to continue to work on the deathrun mod. This is because of the fact that Bo3 mod tools are coming out, which may or may not be successful, and the fact that during the weekdays the servers player count is extremely low.

Amazingly. I get stuck on shit like this. When I really want to do something I will do it but with deathrun there always seems to be an issue like Lossy not wanting to hand over the sources so I can continue the development because he don't want to any more because well... CoD for him is boring to mod and I agree to an extent.

I would be more than happy to continue working on deathrun and if you guys want special rounds I can add them. Suggest what you want them to have and I will work on it. Even if that means I have to go and fork braxi's mod ( or start from scratch ) and recreate everything raid by myself. I will do it because I love this community and I hate watching the player count go down and people leaving. I know why it is happening the mods are old and have grown boring plus we only have one active dev and one server manager... Doesn't help... I am working on a Freerun / speedrun mod for all the people that like speedrunning deathrun maps. It will be compatible with all deathrun maps so its taking a little bit of time to do. I also what it to work well and flow well so I am working on the logic at the moment. 

So yeah. If you want new things then tell me. It's literally the only way I will know. I aim to make the servers better even by fixing the little annoying things. ( fun server update incoming soon btw ). So lets get the ball rolling. 

what is it that you want me to do / add  / change  / remove  / etc. 

there hasn't been any suggestions that requires full source, so don't put the blame on me and so far any changes to the dr server doesn't require full source.

You have majority of the source. ages ago i uploaded everything to git but the menu files.

There a promod server that's full everyday that has known bugs and has some suggestions, you have full sources to that so there no excuse. I even gave you VIP suggestions to get some donations rolling back in. No one from deathrun is going to donate and people prefer other servers at the moment so you should focus on promod.

BOSNIAN ON HIS JOURNEY TO rep_down.png500rep_down.png TRAVELING BY HIS DOWNMOBILE THROUGH THE VALLEYS OF THE DOWN, DARK DEEP DOWN NO MANS LAND. :dumb:  :sponge:

and he's doing that for the science :dumb:,  of course :ph34r: