Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atrX

Surf Mod | Official Trailer & Beta Announcement

14 posts in this topic

logo.png

Official Trailer

Open Beta

We've scheduled the release for the open beta on the 12th of June. The actual time of the day at which the server will be going up will be dependant on if we encounter any issues with setting up the server.

Current State of the Mod

Currently we only have a selection of 2 maps. We are counting on the community to further develop maps for the mod. Instructions of how to create a map along with the release of the developer package (including a stripped-down version of the mod and a stripped-down server patch) will be released some time next week, most likely. The mod itself currently lacks some VIP features but that's about it. The exact features and content of the mod will be listed on release day.

Questions?

If you have any questions, concerns, ... feel free to leave a comment down below. I'll do my best to answer all of them. :)

This

Will

Revive

COD4

For

Those

Who

Can't

Afford

CS

but cod4 is more expensive than counter strike lol

be42a0d189590f7312fc7248219a0653.png

25fae65e5a3c713faa0f8725df5035a7.png

:wat:....

Anyways, the cracked versions then.. :troll:

good job mate can't wait finally smth that can bring me back to cod4 

So what are the incentives to load this up in cod4 rather than just surfing on CS?

So what are the incentives to load this up in cod4 rather than just surfing on CS?

Not having CS, different maps (mp_surf_space is not a port and a developer package will be released soon so others can also make maps for it), any of the reasons that made deathrun popular could also perhaps apply, etc.

Would be cool to have a ranking system and how this could work is similar to dr's 1.3 movingreward() function as well as xp given for completion of the map.

Would be cool to have a ranking system and how this could work is similar to dr's 1.3 movingreward() function as well as xp given for completion of the map.

You're pretty much spot on with how XP works in this mod. You'll also additionally gain XP if you beat the world record on a map. :dave:

Will also be there a bot that goes constantly with the time record that has been made? :dave:

Will also be there a bot that goes constantly with the time record that has been made? :dave:

Recording the way a player presses each button exactly as they do it and playing it back on a bot has never been done in CoD4 as far as I am aware. So it doesn't seem likely, but I could be wrong.