Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moseph

Failed to play test tone

12 posts in this topic

The other day my audio for my computer just stopped working. 

I have just some apple ear buds that I want to listen through but it doesn't work on any of my headphones, speakers etc.

When I go to Playback Devices to test it, it says "Failed to play test tone". I have no idea what to do.

I have done pretty much everything like going to services.msc and restarting Windows Audio but noting has happened to work so far.

pls hulp

If u have a desktop go into ur PC in shove the HD AUDIO really hard back into its port like ur gonna fist the shit out of it. Sometimes it comes out

First I want to know which OS (Operating System) you use.

Windows 10 , 8.1, 8, 7? And which BITS version? 32 or 64?

Ok and do you have any external sound cards? And which motherboard do you have. Give me the full name of the motherboard.

These shitty videos usually dont work but never hurts to try

Don't recommand what Siikdude posted it, still waiting for Moseph..

Don't recommand what Siikdude posted it, still waiting for Moseph..

oh yea right you dont recommend a possible fix that wont have any negative effects if it doesnt work right. I understand that you're trying to help but don't pretend to act like some computer genius telling what and what not to do.

OP, if your computer is from a brand, try to find their drivers on their website.... you should have realtek audio as most motherboards do... try to upgrade them or rollback on previous. 

If you haven't tried, reconnect HD AUDIO on your motherboard. I highly suggest you do. My audio wasnt working and it turned out I just needed to reconnect

There's also a possibility that your jack port is broken

Thanks Siik, that had worked. Never thought changing you audio channel to a greater quality would have helped.

Thanks anyways Bosnian for trying :)

@@siikdude, because 99% of the time those bullcrap video's wont work. Removing the driver and reinstalling it mostly helps.

@@siikdude, because 99% of the time those bullcrap video's wont work. Removing the driver and reinstalling it mostly helps.

Well in this case it worked, so maybe you should go back on your logic of telling people to not try them ;o