Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ERICOS

mp_vc_cracking

19 posts in this topic

well then your'e lucky because this is just a random water texture, still need to find the best looking one but in radaint all the water textures look pritty much the same =,=

7396db4bce88820a1464dc1e09bd4d74.jpg

This is how far realistic water in cod4 can go. Well you could ofcourse make a terrain patch under the water and make the water patch slightly perspirant.

nah they don't

Unless they made a preview options for water in radiant they really do look the same Lossy.

d1d5082bd2f095526c27d859d133d648.png

you ever tried reading the names? "day_water_mud", "aftermath_water", "night_water" etc... they make it a lot easiser to select your water depending on where about it is on the map. Specially if you've been making maps for ages now like you.

Also if you want to make your water look nice, make sure it's a terrian patch and then edit the alpha of the terrian.

Here a nice tutorial - http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_Water

obv there more you can do to make it look even better e.g changing the colour of the water yourself, using surface inspector.

Yea the names from the water help to pick one but you still need to compile the map and look at the water ingame to make a judgement of it its good or bad looking.

ty that you try to describe how to make real looking water in radaint, and give me a link for a tutorial.

Also if you want to make your water look nice, make sure it's a terrian patch and then edit the alpha of the terrian.

Well you could ofcourse make a terrain patch under the water and make the water patch slightly perspirant.

:lol: lol

i ignored the last sentence because i have no idea what "perspirant" means in radiant.

The word perspirant is like the same as a terrain patch on 50% from its alpha.
Translated a word from the Netherlands and it said perspirant, thought because you were from England you would know  :daveunicorn:

Perspirant here is something that deodorant blocks from our bodies xD

Also there's a setting to view textures in radiant without having to compile, it shows on the 2D grid and on the 3D as usual

Perspirant here is something that deodorant blocks from our bodies xD

Also there's a setting to view textures in radiant without having to compile, it shows on the 2D grid and on the 3D as usual

yea i was already thinking why the fuck do i see deodorant pictures :wacko:

but as far i know you will still see the texture blue inside radiant, if not please show us how you did this magical trick.

yea i was already thinking why the fuck do i see deodorant pictures :wacko:

but as far i know you will still see the texture blue inside radiant, if not please show us how you did this magical trick.

I don't know how to do it, but @Xenon does. He has it set so that he can view all of his textures on the 2D grid

Press P, on right side is says texturing, tick the boxs that says texture brushes/meshes in 2d