Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nana

suggestion - new mod

20 posts in this topic

How about replacing the most unpopular mod with another one. My suggestion: change the Raid Zombie with, for example Obscurity Mod. Since as far as I see zombie isn't popular that much, maybe Obs would be the thing people like ;]

i'd like to play it...;p

Cod4 dead.

Game 9 years old, released in 5th november 2007.

How about replacing the most unpopular mod with another one. My suggestion: change the Raid Zombie with, for example Obscurity Mod. Since as far as I see zombie isn't popular that much, maybe Obs would be the thing people like ;]

i'd like to play it...;p

Why replace? Raid can just open more servers without having to pay more

Cod4 dead.

If all these people proclaiming CoD4 is dead would actually play the game it would very much be alive... And a game's age means nothing, Doom is still being played and modded to this day...

Cod4 dead.

Why say that. Its drying. Not dead. But that is only because of people like you. 

i'd like to play it...;p

If you think that a new mod would help populate the servers then please do suggest as much as you could possible think of :P 

>Says people like me but you don't map for a mod or others included, the more maps come, the more players.

>Says people like me but you don't map for a mod or others included, the more maps come, the more players.

Quit from this website plz. Tired to read bs from you.

How about you quit? If there's a mod with the non-stop same maps, they are getting bored very quickly. But not also that, cod4 in general is overplayed as fuck and people search new games.

Deathrun is still being played today as there are over like 50-100 maps for it. The same goes for Rotu. But who's gonna map for the new mod? Sure there are 1-5 people out there that will make X of maps but where's the rest of the 1000 people ? Ha?

Now fuck off everyone who thinks I'm a dumbass or something else, I'm getting really pissed of lately because people with the comments like yours, I disagree as well with some of the people but I don't INSTANTLY CRACK OF SOMEONE OR DOWNVOTE SOMEONE OR ANYTHING ELSE.

Now give me some more downvotes, yes sarcastic, no ? Ok fine.

For fuck sakes man, some people around this community

Deathrun is still being played today as there are over like 50-100 maps for it. The same goes for Rotu. But who's gonna map for the new mod? Sure there are 1-5 people out there that will make X of maps but where's the rest of the 1000 people ? Ha?

If a good mod gets released people will map for it. Look at surf, I know of quite a few people working on maps at the moment and some have already been released.

Also, Obscurity is an old mod that doesn't even need custom maps?

How about you quit? If there's a mod with the w same maps, they are getting bored very quickly. But not also that, cod4 in general is overplayed as fuck and people search new games.

Now fuck off everyone who thinks I'm a dumbass or something else, I'm getting really pissed of lately because people with the comments like yours, I disagree as well with some of the people but I don't INSTANTLY CRACK OF SOMEONE OR DOWNVOTE SOMEONE OR ANYTHING ELSE.

why u getting pissed of people on the internet

How about you quit? If there's a mod with the non-stop same maps, they are getting bored very quickly. But not also that, cod4 in general is overplayed as fuck and people search new games.

Some of the stuff you're saying may be complete gold. But alas, we will never know because the effort you put into English.

Not being insulting, just stating my opinion.

(e.g) You said 'but I don't INSTANTLY CRACK OF SOMEONE'. That right there makes no sense no matter what way I try to read it. Maybe it's my fault for not being able to perceive the hidden message/code among that mangled mess of words.

This is one example among the thousands I could've used. Is it because you don't bother with English or because you find it very challenging? 

I'm not judging you, I'm just honestly wondering.

You see, most of the time you get downvoted, it's because people can't understand what you're trying to convey in your post, therefore leading to them seeing it as contributing nothing to the topic.

Also, what the fuck are you doing saying you want your account to be deleted?  'Some mean people on the internet don't like me because I annoy them with shitposts (Most of the time) (IMO). I should delete my account and leave this place instead of trying to learn why they don't like what I'm doing, and try to improve based on their suggestions?' Seriously, it's not because it's you. If anyone else made the same posts you do, they would get downvoted as well.

If you still want to leave, go ahead, but I feel it would be in your best interest if you stayed and decided to work on your problems.

Here's a picture of a frog using a phone on the toilet. If that doesn't cheer you up, I'm not sure anything will06a18da5623244f18b9427f8e8315d42.png

Why say that. Its drying. Not dead. But that is only because of people like you. 

Oh really, or maybe it's the fact that the game gets no updates and it should at least get security updates to fix the remote code execution exploit (think how you can "install" cod4x client by just connecting to server) and cd-key stealing? Or is EOL for PunkBuster desired to throw life into a game by letting in even more cheaters?

And a game's age means nothing, Doom is still being played and modded to this day...

This could be true but let's not forget the fact that Doom is OPEN-SOURCED and updated, fixed, patched >insert anything here< to run on modern PCs and the plethora of projects based on it's open code add so many new things and improvments to the game and many new ways and features for modders to add new content.... and there's the much newer CoD4 which will crash on Windows 7 and newer if you forget to plug in microphone before starting game ;_;

Did I mention Doom being the grandfather of FPS games and the icon of #pcmr?

tl;dr: the game's dead and ya all defend it because it wasn't a bad game when it was supported by devs and anticheat.

edit: @jwofles put your shit together and grow up, I'm honest about the state of cod4

mod it, play it, whatever, just stop pretending this game is alive

Oh really, or maybe it's the fact that the game gets no updates and it should at least get security updates to fix the remote code execution exploit (think how you can "install" cod4x client by just connecting to server) and cd-key stealing? Or is EOL for PunkBuster desired to throw life into a game by letting in even more cheaters?

This could be true but let's not forget the fact that Doom is OPEN-SOURCED and updated, fixed, patched >insert anything here< to run on modern PCs and the plethora of projects based on it's open code add so many new things and improvments to the game and many new ways and features for modders to add new content.... and there's the much newer CoD4 which will crash on Windows 7 and newer if you forget to plug in microphone before starting game ;_;

Did I mention Doom being the grandfather of FPS games and the icon of #pcmr?

tl;dr: the game's dead and ya all defend it because it wasn't a bad game when it was supported by devs and anticheat.

edit: @jwofles put your shit together and grow up, I'm honest about the state of cod4

I totally agree with you. I was actually surprised why all of a sudden people were defending cod 4 on its current state with players. I thought it was a known fact that cod 4 is on its way

cool people been saying it since like 2010. can you say it's dead when there less than 200 players playing it thx

cool people been saying it since like 2010. can you say it's dead when there less than 200 players playing it thx

ded

I'm downvoting you because you're completely derailing the thread and whining about cod4 being dead which you do every fucking post. And please don't tell me to grow up when you've countlessly downvoted people who are trying to make the game more fun or have a different opinion to you. 

I'm downvoting you because you're completely derailing the thread and whining about cod4 being dead which you do every fucking post. And please don't tell me to grow up when you've countlessly downvoted people who are trying to make the game more fun or have a different opinion to you. 

I'm not against people who actually play, mod and map for the game I really like, I just completly don't get it why people say it's alive. no, the game is dead, yes, people are still playing it. IDGAF you don't understand the diference between both.

I'm not against people who actually play, mod and map for the game I really like, I just completly don't get it why people say it's alive. no, the game is dead, yes, people are still playing it. IDGAF you don't understand the diference between both.

If people are still playing the game, doesn't it mean that it's still alive?

I agree that cod4 is slowly dying and losing population overall, but it'll be a long time before it can be fully considered "dead"

Even then, there will be some sort of playerbase that occasionally comes back

Think what Captain Price said applies to the players of cod4 as well: https://gyazo.com/e49e55c80ad458a54073238dd8e03964

it only takes 9 pages to get to servers with 0 players...

That's a huge decline from a few years ago.

Anyway if the definition of a dead game is a game without a playerbase cod4 is not dead. However you can hardly say it's got the same active playerbase it's always had. Braxi also made plenty of good points about the state of the game itself. It's riddled with security leaks and hasn't been supported for more than half a decade. Basically think of it like you're using windows xp now in 2016. It's hardly safe and you can really only protect yourself by connecting to servers you know and trust. Add on to the fact that there isn't even an anti-cheat supporting cod4 now and it's kind of obvious why the playerbase just isnt there anymore.

Anyway, circling back to the topic making new mods is all good fun but in my opinion a mod has to be really good and really unique if you want to bring old players back. Because cod4 isn't attracting new players much anymore.