Cloudy

The 'Console-War'

11 posts in this topic

This is my lets say opinion on what you should buy for the PS4/Xbox One era.

I think that what Xbox has tried to do, is make their console an all round product which has multi-media features which the PS4 doesn't have, and what Sony has made, is an all round gaming console, preferred from the people who like the graphics and simple layout, therefor buy the console which suits you/your family;

So what I'm trying to say is, buy the PS4 if you want the hardware side of the 'console-war' and the 'better graphics' and if you don't want/need any of the many different apps which the Xbox one has, the PS4 is your best choice.

And now for the Xbox side of things, if you want the many different features of the Xbox one, which will last your family a good 4-5 years, which has killer apps, and has most of the gaming aspects needed to for-fill your gaming duties, the Xbox one will be the choice for you.

And this is coming from a person who doesn't fanboy any company, I simply buy the one which suits me the best and fits my needs, I got the 360 last generation simply because in my eyes, it looked the better out of the two, and this generation, I've gone for the more 'old-school' gaming approach to my console which will give me the better graphics.

Hopefully you read this and realise there's no reason to fanboy and company, and buy the one which you like the most, + on what your friends are getting, because I'm sure you wouldn't want to buy the PS4 if all your friends are getting the Xbox one, because then you're on your own and it would be a less fun experience to have.

Sorry it's a bit late :D but for all of you which haven't decided or are waiting for your birthdays, I hope you've decided which one to go for.

Both of these new consoles are slower than my PC, and who likes to play on a 30 Hz television when u can play on a 60 Hz HD gaming monitor with the new nvidia gsync ;)

On consoles you rely on disks but PCs got steam, origin, game mods!

I'll simply not buy any of the both until I'm convinced. But if I would, my choice would be the ps4.

Haha,I wish, I'm only getting one if I'm nice to my little brother, and that's > tough.

Get a nintendo and your good to go for your gaming life :dave:

Get a nintendo and your good to go for your gaming life :dave:

My first console was Nintendo 64 and now I have a Wii :banana:

PS4 anyday aha unless you buy a gaming computer. But who has the money for them these days?

Lossy not all of us are rich :/

You say it like Lossy didn't have ugly looking walls and a crap pc... :Dumb:

a) Console games very often cost 20-30$ more than their PC versions.

b) You don't have to pay for online subscription (XBLIVE' date=' PSN)..

c) Play on Linux and Windows (because MAC just sucks).

d) Custom mods and maps for games are exclusive to PC.

Graph below, actually it doesn't count Steam sales and Humble bundles where you can often get great games for 1$ or 3,70$.

Even through PC costs more, you will save A LOT of money on games which you can later spend on getting newer PC parts.

and I'm still able to play on a xbox, PC and ps4 :dumb: