Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwofles

Deathrun Suggestions

22 posts in this topic

Hi GUYS!

The server is dead but like right now there are players and it's kinda inspired me to make this topic. So, I was thinking what this server needs to get players back, maybe we could get a new rotation and enable secrets again? I'd be willing to do the rotation btw. Also, maybe we could get new skins and music? Also @mikey, speedrun mod? Lastly, events like weekend parties where there's extra XP and fun music lights etc.

secrets didn't kill the server. A lot of them was blocked off before the population declined. Anyway population is on the rise again, yesterday we got 16 players on deathrun.

current rotation

set bx_maplist_0 " mp_dr_destiny mp_deathrun_bricky mp_deathrun_control mp_dr_wicked mp_dr_caelum mp_deathrun_electory mp_deathrun_coyote_v2 mp_deathrun_highrise mp_dr_disco mp_dr_glass3 mp_dr_darmuhv2"
set bx_maplist_1 " mp_dr_bounce mp_dr_buggedlikehell mp_deathrun_clear mp_deathrun_semtex mp_dr_rage mp_dr_shipment mp_dr_digital mp_dr_spacetunnel mp_dr_terror mp_dr_bigfall"
set bx_maplist_2 " mp_dr_bananaphone_v2 mp_dr_glass2 mp_dr_indipyramid mp_dr_jurapark mp_dr_overgrown mp_dr_something mp_dr_prisonv2 mp_dr_stronghold mp_dr_twitch mp_dr_sm_world"
set bx_maplist_3 " mp_deathrun_freefall mp_deathrun_waterworld mp_deathrun_wipeout mp_deathrun_watchit_v3 mp_deathrun_toxic mp_deathrun_tribute mp_deathrun_underworld mp_deathrun_scoria mp_deathrun_skypillar mp_dr_skypower"
set bx_maplist_4 " mp_deathrun_saw mp_deathrun_sanctuary mp_deathrun_ruin2 mp_deathrun_ruin mp_deathrun_qube mp_deathrun_portal_v3 mp_deathrun_palm mp_dr_slayv2 mp_deathrun_metal mp_deathrun_gold "
set bx_maplist_5 " mp_deathrun_dirt mp_deathrun_destroyedv3 mp_deathrun_fusion mp_deathrun_epicfail mp_deathrun_zero mp_deathrun_grassy_v4 mp_dr_ravine mp_deathrun_dungeon mp_deathrun_escape2 mp_deathrun_cave"

each rotation needs 10 maps each.

Should be added instead of some maps:
Arbase, Cherry, City, Clockwork, Cookie, Cosmic, Coyote_v2, Glass, Greenland, Hop, Horror, Inferno, Jailhouse, Lalamx, Minecraft, Short_v4, Stone, Waterwork, Alley, Blue, Dawn, Decay, Heaven, MInerun, Pyramid, Turnabout, Urban, 

Some of these maps can crush the server but I can't know such information so im sorry
Some of these may already be in rotation, some of these can have some bugs - im sorry but it's just my selection

And I suggest to delete: Ravine, Control, Buggedlikehell, Overgrown, Twitch, Skypillar, Sanctuary, Ruin2, Fusion

Is there a limit to how many maps the server can have in the rotation?

8 minutes ago, jwofles said:

Is there a limit to how many maps the server can have in the rotation?

No

6 minutes ago, MiKeY said:

No

Why don't we just have like every map ever then? It sounds dumb saying it but there would be so much variety.

because there will be 16 map rotations

6 minutes ago, Lossy said:

because there will be 16 map rotations

Is that bad?

6 hours ago, Lossy said:

yes when it's randomly selected

Can't you make it so when a rotation is selected, it can't be selected for the next two rotations?

Also, more suggestions-

Shorter games, 9 rounds instead of 11 because the maps always end up being really long and boring.

Film tweaks like fun servers (kinda useless but nicer to play with)

Trails

Hats

Viewmodel hands menu

View time record on maps (b3 command?)

RTV command

7 hours ago, MiKeY said:

No

in theory you'll run out of dvars or config strings with lots of map lists

11 hours ago, BraXi said:

in theory you'll run out of dvars or config strings with lots of map lists

Yeah after what ever the max string limit i per dvar but its a per dvar thing.

who ever suggested dawn, no, because it doesn't work lel 

#bringbackcherry 

On 26.7.2016 at 11:32 AM, OwO said:

Should be added instead of some maps:
Arbase, Cherry, City, Clockwork, Cookie, Cosmic, Coyote_v2, Glass, Greenland, Hop, Horror, Inferno, Jailhouse, Lalamx, Minecraft, Short_v4, Stone, Waterwork, Alley, Blue, Dawn, Decay, Heaven, MInerun, Pyramid, Turnabout, Urban, 

And I suggest to delete: Ravine, Control, Buggedlikehell, Overgrown, Twitch, Skypillar, Sanctuary, Ruin2, Fusion

I'm with OwO on City, Cookie, Glass, Greenland, Hop, Horror, Inferno, waterwork, alley, dawn, heaven and pyramid.

I have 4 more maps what you need to bring abroad - mp_dr_deadzone, mp_deathrun_ponies, mp_fnrp_iceland_v2 and  specially mp_fnrp_monderland.

I'd suggest to delete: control, buggedlikehell, fusion, skypillar, highrise, watchit_v3, skypower and grassy_v4

On 27.7.2016 at 0:21 AM, jwofles said:

Hats

Viewmodel hands menu

View time record on maps (b3 command?)

Also these suggestions by jwofles would be dank.

On 7/26/2016 at 4:21 PM, jwofles said:

Shorter games, 9 rounds instead of 11 because the maps always end up being really long and boring.

I remember recommending this a long time ago and no one was interested. This was like a year ago tho so perhaps now people's opinions have changed.

I still think if deathrun had cs-like movement it'd be pretty neat. If you guys end up doing that lemme know so i can check it out

Also saw someone else recommend adding cherry, idk if this is still a problem but for some reason cherry wouldnt work with newer versions of the deathrun mod, as it'd only work with 1.2.

I dont remember the exact error but it'd take some troubleshooting to get it up on the server

3 hours ago, Darmuh said:

I still think if deathrun had cs-like movement it'd be pretty neat. If you guys end up doing that lemme know so i can check it out

You said this before when surf was released and I completely forgot! This would be so interesting, @MiKeY or @Lossy, you should experiment and put real bhopping into deathrun using slaya's functions or whatever.

i would if i didn't get a shit ton compile errors from slaya code also slaya cod4x build isn't very unstable, to the point that i can't even get the surf server back on because there errors coming from cod4x itself.

What's the point in making cs movement? This is Call of Duty 4. Why would you replace original physics with physics from another game? Bs.

4 hours ago, jwofles said:

Also slaya's surf thing is no where near actual CS movement

25 minutes ago, OwO said:

What's the point in making cs movement? This is Call of Duty 4. Why would you replace original physics with physics from another game? Bs.

"pretty funny to play" - Your words not mine. http://prntscr.com/bzx1ex (from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfvMAifdWyU)

Anyway, it's not exactly like CS because it's different maps, the CS movement in cod4 will never be near the same as how it is in reality and like you said, not everyone can/has played CS. The movement would only make the mod more fun and add a layer of skill.

20 minutes ago, sxk said:

Also slaya's surf thing is no where near actual CS movement

Yeah this is kinda an issue, especially since bhop movement is even worse than the surf (which wasn't perfect anyway). I think it's still worth a shot+ you could tweak the speed and velocity etc so it's more fun.

I like the idea of changing up the server a little bit to give a hopeful boost in population.

Some of the ideas that I like the sound of are unlockable viewmodels, a new map rotation, hats but trails not so much.. If we are going for popularity on the server, having 15+ speedrunners with trails are going to lag slower PCs like hell & might discourage some peopl

Old / new maps that I'd like to see in Raid include

mp_deathrun_backlot, mp_deathrun_diehard, mp_dr_pool, mp_dr_factory, mp_deathrun_sonic, mp_deathrun_spaceball, mp_dr_apocalypse_v2, mp_deathrun_h2o, mp_dr_jump_hard, mp_dr_meatboy, mp_dr_levels, mp_dr_wtf, mp_dr_watercity, mp_deathrun_liferun, mp_deathrun_islands, mp_deathrun_framey_v2, mp_deathrun_flow, mp_deathrun_fluxx, mp_deathrun_godfather, mp_deathrun_crystal, mp_dr_cookie, mp_dr_tron, mp_dr_spacetrip, mp_dr_slay, mp_dr_mineshaft, mp_dr_laboratory, mp_deathrun_inferno ect.

I think that most, if not all of these maps are enjoyable & could potentially bring back popularity to the server.

me and giraffe came up with a list of maps that would make the server make people less likely to leave. it has a mix of old, new, speedrunning and unknown maps. there are 90 in total and surely, you could do 13 different rotations to include all the maps (or more)?

now obviously, it shouldn't be just giraffe and i who decide what maps the server runs so @Lossy and @MiKeY feel free to roast the list. also, anybody else is welcome to suggest their favourite map.

and lastly, @MiKeY is it possible to add a b3 command called !timerecord that displays that map's timerecord and the player who obtained it?