MiKeY

Raid & Precision Gaming Merge

51 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Anti said:

Depending on how the nubzors discussion goes, may apply to only admins or etc. If it does get carried over for everyone, then I'd rather keep my lovely three rep I have there

just give your account to bosnian, he will do the job 

1 minute ago, Lossy said:

would be a bit unfair because of my rep, no?

Na seems fine with me :P

As much as i want to keep my coming-up-to-1k rep, i think it's a bad idea.

Mainly because the people over there vote differently, have different rep per day and then that would mean it'd be unfair to have 1k rep while the average person has just 100 :/

heck, even mook doesn't have 1k rep yet :P

13 hours ago, jwofles said:

As much as i want to keep my coming-up-to-1k rep, i think it's a bad idea.

Mainly because the people over there vote differently, have different rep per day and then that would mean it'd be unfair to have 1k rep while the average person has just 100 :/

heck, even mook doesn't have 1k rep yet :P

This reputation is what you deserved through years, you're registered in early 2014, I think you deserve to have this rep on pXg website since it is merge of Raid and pXg and Raid website will be down/read only. 

9 hours ago, OwO said:

This reputation is what you deserved through years, you're registered in early 2014

Nick and I both disagree with merging reputation due to limitations that we've always had on reputation. Normal users (admins/official members/whatever) are only allowed to give 5 positive (and 3 negative) reputation a day. It would be unfair to transfer in vast amounts of reputation.

You may think that it's unfair to you users (of Raid), but this was reputation that you earned among Raid's player base. We're sorry if you feel this way, but this is how we feel.

so what, if anything, will carry over from here to pxg?

Will pxg recognize past raid donators as pxg donators? That and retired admins are 2 of the largest groups on raid :>

1 hour ago, Darmuh said:

Will pxg recognize past raid donators as pxg donators?

Donators on forums will more than likely be carried over due to the fact that if you donate once on pxg.me, you get life-time status on the forums. In game is a different story, though.

1 hour ago, Darmuh said:

retired admins

We do not have a retired admin and probably will not make one. I personally feel the group gives off a false sense of power to newbies. Don't mistake this as me assuming that people who have the group have a power trip, not at all. We just don't want newcomers to feel intimidated by "retired admins".

I shall speak to Mikey and Nick about it and try to make a list pointing out exactly what will be crossed over..

Edited by Sharpienero
Clarifications

7 hours ago, Sharpienero said:

Nick and I both disagree with merging reputation

Okie, i'm fine with that

6 hours ago, Sharpienero said:

Donators on forums will more than likely be carried over due to the fact that if you donate once on pxg.me, you get life-time status on the forums. In game is a different story, though.

We do not have a retired admin and probably will not make one. I personally feel the group gives off a false sense of power to newbies. Don't mistake this as me assuming that people who have the group have a power trip, not at all. We just don't want newcomers to feel intimidated by "retired admins".

I shall speak to Mikey and Nick about it and try to make a list pointing out exactly what will be crossed over..

THAT FALSE SENSE OF POWER WAS ALL I HAD... HOW COULD YOU

fuk you nick and sharpie

i worked long and hard to get my rep:post ratio to the second best on raid 

lemme keep it fgts

rednose has the best for anyone interested

9 hours ago, Sharpienero said:

Oh no, now I'll be unable to use my former administrative status to boss nubs around and make current nubmins ban players at my whim :okay:

Been with Raid since it was created, pretty crazy to see it slowly die out and now merge with pXg. was never a fan of the pXg members/admins that I had actually talked to, but since I don't play cod4 anymore it's not really a big deal. good luck with the merge, I think it's the best thing for you guys. Like beatthat said, hopefully it doesn't turn into that 7'sR and Rv situation..

Is there a warning in console on Raid servers about the merge? There should be a warning on both Promods and other servers

6 hours ago, OwO said:

Is there a warning in console on Raid servers about the merge? There should be a warning on both Promods and other servers

yeah there is :)

The message on the server says: Raid and pxg will be merging during this month, does this mean the merge is going to be done by tomorrow or is it going to merge during October?

4 hours ago, sxk said:

The message on the server says: Raid and pxg will be merging during this month, does this mean the merge is going to be done by tomorrow or is it going to merge during October?

October. But in about a week the servers will be changed to redirects to the new servers. 

23 minutes ago, MiKeY said:

October. But in about a week the servers will be changed to redirects to the new servers. 

Will there be a post about the new server IPs and such? Would prefer to be able to copy the IPs and just add them to favs instead of having to be redirected to them.

3 hours ago, MRTN said:

Will there be a post about the new server IPs and such? Would prefer to be able to copy the IPs and just add them to favs instead of having to be redirected to them.

Of course. 

On 24/09/2016 at 10:21 PM, Synd said:

Obviously this means US servers in a way.

The US servers pXg has will stay US, but the EU servers Raid has will stay EU if that makes any sense.

PxG is hosted in canada just saying :) in quebec, montreal.

5 hours ago, xKreptic said:

PxG is hosted in canada just saying :) in quebec, montreal.

Yes, but the merge will result in pXg gaining EU servers. Raid will essentially become one with pXg and Raid's playerbase will most likely be predominantly on the EU pXg servers during EU hours.